Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Kdowns will get the harshest ban most likely.

Edit: Seems like he made it in time.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Next day I'm gonna do this:

1st post:
"Ah, interesting result during the night. I will think about it some more before posting an opinion"

22 hours later.

2nd post:
"Who should I vote?"

3rd post:
"<insert random name>"

GG
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Next day I'm gonna do this:

1st post:
"Ah, interesting result during the night. I will think about it some more before posting an opinion"

22 hours later.

2nd post:
"Who should I vote?"

3rd post:
"<insert random name>"

GG
This should be a permanent quote in the game threads.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I'm trying to read everything through the phone, I'll on the post 670 now...maybe I'll change my vote
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Next day I'm gonna do this:

1st post:
"Ah, interesting result during the night. I will think about it some more before posting an opinion"

22 hours later.

2nd post:
"Who should I vote?"

3rd post:
"<insert random name>"

GG
Do you think a minimum limit of lets say five posts would make you face up to the game more?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Do you think a minimum limit of lets say five posts would make you face up to the game more?
People will work around that.

My suggestion is force people to cast a vote in their first post.

Then they will have something to talk about.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
You are an adult kd, you should be able to judge what your commitments are and how long they will take. There are a lot of people who dont sign up for this exact reason. They dont know. The only problem is when you do sign up and are either not active or active to the barest minimum. There is almost little to no interaction with the actual game. It is very annoying when someone is a silent player and you are unable to interact with them, its even more annoying when that player doesnt become more active and still continues to signs up. Come back when you actually know your schedule and are able to be active in the game.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
On day 1 it wouldn't make any sense though.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Well, I consider it a bit too radical as a move, but unless a better option is proposed, it could be given a try.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
But then the limit of chaning votes must be higher, or no limit at all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, I consider it a bit too radical as a move, but unless a better option is proposed, it could be given a try.
Yeah I agree. But would this be for the first day only, or?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Yeah I agree. But would this be for the first day only, or?
I assume it's for all days.
Ah, never mind. He corrected it.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

But then the limit of chaning votes must be higher, or no limit at all.
How about limitless changing for the first half when you have nothing to go by, and then, for the second half, one last change right?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
But then those who come later are always at an advantage, because they can seen the votes who have been placed early and the discussions following up to that. And this would give an incentive to withhold as long as possible until joining in. I don't think it is a good solution.

But how about a concept with secret votes, Like everyone PMs his or her vote to the host?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
But then those who come later are always at an advantage, because they can seen the votes who have been placed early and the discussions following up to that. And this would give an incentive to withhold as long as possible until joining in. I don't think it is a good solution.

But how about a concept with secret votes, Like everyone PMs his or her vote to the host?
Tell me more.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
It's just an idea that during the day phases everyone is discussing who to vote for and why, but in fact they place an anonymous voting via PM. So no one knows for sure who is voting for whom and who is leading with the votes.

However, we'd need to do something about the mafia then, because it would give them an advantage, as they can concentrate always on one person and this person will also be the lynched one, as they have a big impact due to their number. So either disabling their night discussions, or their votes. Or giving them only one vote as awhole - like to the boss.

Comments?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So, the day ended.
Curious to see if kdowns was indeed a bomb even more than anyone else, because I was preparing to do a change vote kill as the thread got closed :zomg
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Comments?
I think the fact that everything is in public is what differentiates the two phases, and accusing or attacking your accusers is the strongest form of defence. Also find a pattern in how a person votes is a real boon to the townies and is one of the best ways a mafia member is caught out. I can only see the idea as disproportionally affecting the townies more. The mafia thrive on secrecy.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
I still think it's worth a pilot project, a small game with an "expert" group of 6-7 people. Maybe it's more fun that way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top