Anime Berserk Movie Announced

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
WOAH-OH...thanks for the video,they put for a few seconds the caska/griffing scene in the comercial....o.o.
 

102jayday

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I guess it fits better with the time having that scene then but the story is better understand when he meets Guts after he leaves Griffith because at that time the god hand make their meeting with Griffith in the cell too.
 

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Last edited:

102jayday

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It has Guts not injured when sitting out on the rocks after they escape Windam. That means they don't face Wylad god damnit that was meant to be animated it was the first apostle he defeated....
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
but... but I saw the screenshots of that sub and it was terrible!
I'm not sure what scene that would be, but I always pay attention to both the sub and the japanese lines, and I didn't notice any mistranslation, or something vague or not properly worded...it was an okay sub
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good news guys :hee

3rd Berserk Film's Uncut R18+ Version to Also Run in Theaters

The original uncut, R18+ rated version of the third Berserk movie, Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent (Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin), will play in late showings at Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 and Osaka's Umeda Burg 7 theaters starting on Friday. That is the same day that the edited, R15+ rated version of the movie will open in theaters across Japan.
 

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
more new footage of the third movie : http://youtu.be/SszgmLep6mA ,is a video that won in niko niko that spoof the liricks of the song aria mix with movie footage,and added new footage from the third movie.enjoy...man im on a rolll...i wish i was in japan to see the movie ,especially the late r 18 screening,i like my movies uncut ,just like the manga.

---------- Post added January 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was January 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM ----------

even more pictures of the third movie : http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/berserk_kourin just go tru the six pages and they have pics and the last page sketches of the character ,espetialy griffith scarred face:gwah and guts naked:jawdrop2.(the guts naked one made me laugth because they didnt draw his privates)...lol.anyway,enjoy.:XD

---------- Post added January 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM ----------

this is for our brothers and sisters who live in japan and write in this page,the movie came out today in japan (remember that rigth now is friday feb 1st in japan),please tell us about the third movie,do a sumary ,give us spoilers and disscus your oppinions about the movie,and share your experirnce in the movie.thank you.:^_^
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The big day is here for the premiere of "Berserk III: Descent" in Japanese theaters.


P.S., I'm confused as to why, Warner Bros. is distributing the Berserk films, but not trying to at least get some kind of release in U.S. and other international theaters. At least, several months after it's first release in Japan?.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's a rarity to see an animated film in the US geared towards anything but a family-friendly audience. Berserk doesn't fit in that demographic obviously. It's a much more costly endeavor to make an R-rated film because of earning potential. Couple that with the fact that it's animated...it just doesn't make sense dollar-wise to release it in theaters.
 

Aazholh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
301
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's amusing how those die-hard SK.net guys vehemently hate on the movies when Miura doesn't even say a word. They treat it like it's their freakin religion XD

Perhaps, the angle was to use the new movies as a bridge to transition mainstream fans to the more hard-core version of the story. I believe that was the same reason for the '97 anime series - to entice fans to explore "what happens next" through the manga.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well because, I got hooked on Berserk because of the anime. I never heard about Berserk until I watched the anime a decade after it was released. And I friggin loved it so I decided to read the manga.
 

102jayday

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
well because, I got hooked on Berserk because of the anime. I never heard about Berserk until I watched the anime a decade after it was released. And I friggin loved it so I decided to read the manga.
Yep thanks to the anime and at the time new to reading manga from gantz, i jump on berserk manga because i was like "omg so evil??? that can't be the end,its too evil!!"
 

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
the ost of the third movie is out but im having trouble opening the file ,can someone download the file and change it on a mp3 and a zip file,it will be gratefull.thanks. the files : http://www.mediafire.com/?4td4amnl1d4vop6 , http://www.mediafire.com/?732d1qbq43ups79 and http://www.mediafire.com/?t0ba69gsamz4jv2 ,pass is : sagisu ,the files are 7z and flac and i tried to compress them but cant change them and they want to download a 7 zip pogram but i can download it because i got poblems with malware and virus and just resently restore my computer and i dont want to happend againg.thank you.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
pictures of the artbook of the movies : http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12735.2800 ,most of them are backgrounds but at the end we see a demon who looks like the demon that guts kills in the first chapter when he was having sex .enjoy

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

even more pictures ..this time for the exibition in japan : http://thebandofthehawk.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/serie-de-eventos-celebram-a-conclusao-da-trilogia/# http://photozou.jp/photo/list/237360/7546024 http://m.crunchyroll.com/article/?id=32995 they have guts in the black swordsman armor and casca post eclipse and many others .enjoy.
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Here's a great review of the movie from Kotaku.
It answers a lot of our question regarding what's in the movie and what's not.

http://kotaku.com/5981641/the-third...ar-the-most-violent-thing-i-have-ever-watched

Apparently it's extremely graphic.
And that guy only saw the 15+ version, not even the 18+ !!!
The Eclipse part is arguably contains one of the most violent part in Berserk itself, so I'm not really surprised if the Anime turned out to be over the top with its violence, even though I'm desperately looking forward to it. I wonder what's the example of significant censorship which differs R15+ and R18+ movie.. I guess it's going to be the scene between Femto and Casca during the eclipse.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I read the Kotaku review. Pretty interesting, but I disagree about some of the things said regarding the first two films. To me, I thought for pacing and format of breaking down the "Golden Age Arc" into three, small films, you'd have to expect cuts. Plus, for people who haven't read the manga or seen the original anime, it works perfectly.

Can't wait to see the uncut version of Berserk III.
 

animefan1478

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
For people being curious what's going to come after the movies:

Berserk Staff Still Planning More After 3 Films

At the press conference on Saturday for the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) movie's opening the previous day, director Toshiyuki Kubooka indicated that there is more in the works for Berserk beyond the current film trilogy. He told the audience,

"We're currently moving to make [Berserk] a saga project. But this is as much as I can say. It's a secret. It's really not at the stage I can say anything about it, but the project is in motion".

Actors Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts), Takahiro Sakurai (Griffith), Toa Yukinari (Casca), and Kenta Miyake (Zodd) also attended the event, along with theme song director Susumu Hirasawa.
 
Top