Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
The winning side, that was said in general. Both sides usually have problems with their members flaws. Since players aren't equal in qualities and flaws, it's part of the team work to compesate it or try to look past the flaw (when this possibility exists) if they wanna win...
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Her "I don't want to live! Kill me!" attitıde that is.
OMg please, your brain is getting shut down I guess -.-
I did that to protect my mentor, and mess up with the townies reasoning.
Not to just kill myself -.-
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
I actually find my current solution not that bad, as it forces players who has voted for someone else to take position for or against the two with high score. Its drawback however is, that it's only about those who are online towards the end.

Alternatively I could suggest, that at end of phase the thread gets locked, and 12h given, and everyone who has voted for someone else has to submit a PM with the name of the person they want to rather see dead from those two.
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not you. Matzik.
"You" wasn't referring to you. Hypothetical second person :XD
Sorry then, I'm re-watching Death Note so i'm a little rash with conclusions xD
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The winning side, that was said in general. Both sides usually have problems with their members flaws. Since players aren't equal in qualities and flaws, it's part of the team work to compesate it or try to look past the flaw (when this possibility exists) if they wanna win...
Well with mafia and I know this because I played with them for so long, there is only 1 or 2 good players, the rest are really shitty guys who barely do anything, but with mafia it can work, with townies they only hasten the demise of everyone.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I actually find my current solution not that bad, as it forces players who has voted for someone else to take position for or against the two with high score. Its drawback however is, that it's only about those who are online towards the end.

Alternatively I could suggest, that at end of phase the thread gets locked, and 12h given, and everyone who has voted for someone else has to submit a PM with the name of the person they want to rather see dead from those two.
vote by pm? lol hidden vote. nah bad solution
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,194
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
seems like mafia gonna win :/
josef and niichan were bad guys,i knew it
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The winning side, that was said in general. Both sides usually have problems with their members flaws. Since players aren't equal in qualities and flaws, it's part of the team work to compesate it or try to look past the flaw (when this possibility exists) if they wanna win...
That's true, but there is a massive difference. Mafia knows who their members are; we don't.
Besides, isn't it more or less telling people like me keeping our mouths shut and leave the task to others, since we don't know about playing styles, persona, etc.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Well with mafia and I know this because I played with them for so long, there is only 1 or 2 good players, the rest are really shitty guys who barely do anything, but with mafia it can work, with townies they only hasten the demise of everyone.
Ok, so I'll be direct: I know I'm also to blame for killing Jorped '-' I just expect that the townies who killed Matizk stop whining and recognize their part of the share as well, lol xD She had reasons to complain about you guys, as you guys had reasons to complain about her, and everybody contributed a bit to it. Take it as a lesson for the next time you play with each other xD
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Ok, so I'll be direct: I know I'm also to blame for killing Jorped '-' I just expect that the townie who killed Matizk stop whining and recognize their part of the share as well, lol xD She had reasons to complain about you guys, as you guys had reasons to complain about her, and everybody contributed a bit to it. Take it as a lesson for the next time you play with each other xD
I am not....thanks worst player!!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
blanka is brute. I challenge you. One vs one. Fist vs fist. I protect sexy naked cammy.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ok, so I'll be direct: I know I'm also to blame for killing Jorped '-' I just expect that the townies who killed Matizk stop whining and recognize their part of the share as well, lol xD She had reasons to complain about you guys, as you guys had reasons to complain about her, and everybody contributed a bit to it. Take it as a lesson for the next time you play with each other xD
Uhhh...

No.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Ok, so I'll be direct: I know I'm also to blame for killing Jorped '-' I just expect that the townies who killed Matizk stop whining and recognize their part of the share as well, lol xD She had reasons to complain about you guys, as you guys had reasons to complain about her, and everybody contributed a bit to it. Take it as a lesson for the next time you play with each other xD
Well, I guess I got your point, but I'm just.. Whatever. No point in arguing with the past decision. I still think it was the best one.
The problem in game theory therein lies the fact that it evaluates the results for the best moves for each side. We (at least I myself did so) just made an assumption that she was playing her best move and apparently, she didn't, which backfired.
Theories and practical cases don't match up well, and what I'm really enraged about is now taking another lesson about that.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Ok, so I'll be direct: I know I'm also to blame for killing Jorped '-' I just expect that the townies who killed Matizk stop whining and recognize their part of the share as well, lol xD She had reasons to complain about you guys, as you guys had reasons to complain about her, and everybody contributed a bit to it. Take it as a lesson for the next time you play with each other xD
Could you please stahp THROWING IN YOUR OPINION BEFORE THE GAME ENDED?!?!??!?!

 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Well, I guess I got your point, but I'm just.. Whatever. No point in arguing with the past decision. I still think it was the best one.
The problem in game theory therein lies the fact that it evaluates the results for the best moves for each side. We (at least I myself did so) just made an assumption that she was playing her best move and apparently, she didn't, which backfired.
Theories and practical cases don't match up well, and what I'm really enraged about is now taking another lesson about that.
No cool bro, no.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top