Discussion Your Favorite FOOD? Etc.

ginousuke

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
925
Reaction score
87
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
My favorite food... anything related to chicken :D
and it didn't scared me though bird flu now become an epidemic. well as long as we cook it properly, no need to worry.

I also love Palembang foods. Palembang is a city in Indonesia. Most of their traditional foods are made from mackerel; such as pempek, tekwan, model, and there's also sarikaya. Sooo delicious ^^
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wow, looks like our stomach speaks the same language, gin-kun. :D
I'm not from Palembang, but those food you mention are very very very good! :D
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
My favorite foods are fish and chicken. (anything to do with them!) I also like cooking... though i burnt the bottom of the pan often... :oh
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
chicken nuggets! Buffalo wings! Tenders! Chicken!

Just as long as it isn't too bony. I had a bad experience with chicken I was traumatized for almost two years not eating chicken.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
My favorite food is a combination of three things.

Sesame Chicken, Lo Mein Noodles, and Fried Rice. I have to have them all together or I can't fully enjoy them.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
What is Lo Mein Noodles? Sounds very asian... :)



My Favourite food is pasta, esp. squid ink pasta, & creamy pasta.
And Super Spicy Hot Pot soup! :smile-big
 

ginousuke

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
925
Reaction score
87
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Lo Mein Noodles? I wonder if it's the same as Lo Mie (Mie = Noodles). I saw that name on several places in my country. It's Chinese food

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
Wow, looks like our stomach speaks the same language, gin-kun. :D
I'm not from Palembang, but those food you mention are very very very good! :D
Definitely ^^
Sumatera has so many delicious traditional foods. Palembang is my most favorite, followed by Padang. I love spicy foods also :D
I used to live in Palembang, only two years though.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Katsudon is by far my favorite food to eat....no idea why, it just tastes good. I can cook and the thing I cook the most is Niku Jaga (literally meat and potatoes). I could tell you the recipe, but I would have to kill you afterwards..... Actually, I jsut don't like typing out all the instructions due to laziness....(my friend has been trying to get me to teach her how to make it so she can impress other guys lol)
 

NigG_NamE

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Country
Zimbabwe
LONG CHICKEN BURGER FROM BURGERKING!
And if not something like that, than a pizza with half a bottle tabasco on it.
Really...cant eat a pizza without tabasco...but couldn't live without pizza...
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Pineapple pizza :XD

Also, miso soup with nori and tofu, and spanikopita (spinach and feta pastry thing)

...And, because I have a sweet tooth, dark chocolate, sweet bean paste and mochi, baklava...and ginger ice cream...

ahhh, it's too hard to decide on one, too many choices...
 

kkeroscenee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
mashed potatoes
any kind of sushi
ceaser salad
coconut shrimp
TACO BELL
 

woody_green

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2007
Messages
271
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
In no particular order:

SOUP!
Filipino food, Chinese food, Japanese food, fresh food, food, food, food!!!
vegetables
chicken, fish, beef, pork
CHOCOLATE!!!
cheesecake
pasta, pizza
fruits

Yeah, I'm a pig.

I don't like:
durian
paksiw
lechon baboy (lechon manok is fine)
pork fat (but chicharon is ok)
canned goods & instant noodles (got really tired of them after dorming for almost 6 years)
 

kashi_n

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Likes:
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Cheesecakes

Hates:
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Fishes
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm a huge BBQ fan. Ribs, brisket, pulled pork, all that stuff. Also, there's nothing better than lobsters or a clam bake. Now I'm getting hungry...
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I never knew of this thread. My favorite food is griot and du riz djonjon. It's haitian food so I wouldn't assume that you guys know it. the griot is like fried chicken or pork with sweet plantains and spicy toppings and the djonjon is like a mushroom rice.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
My favourite food is anything I make, it's always good. :smile-big

Not to modest right? :XD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
My favourite food is anything I make, it's always good. :smile-big

Not to modest right? :XD
I doubt that's 100% true, I mean I agree with you broadly, but even I will admit when something I make tastes badly.
 

Yondaime-Uzumaki

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Congo-Kinshasa
You probably dont know it But . . My favorite Foods are Binka and Pondu ya Libondo . . Its just Perfect food! ^^
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I doubt that's 100% true, I mean I agree with you broadly, but even I will admit when something I make tastes badly.
I'm a pro (i.e. I get paid for cooking, I know what tastes good with what, even if I dont like this profession very much I'm still good at it)
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've got to say that Empanadas have to be one of my favorite foods. I just had some beef/onion and some chorizo/potato/cheese. Those things are delicious. Not easy to find good ones where I live either.

For those not familair with Empanadas, they're small, half-moon shaped doughy things filled with different things.
 
Top