The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I find them soothing. Perhaps it reminds them about some weird religious rituals they are fantasizing about, who knows.
So, instead of forcing a mood change with music, you abide by your mood, hm. I do that, too, but occasionally, I'd the former, trying to cheer up myself or vice versa.
I find them.... :oh I can't find the word for it, it's just that I reaaaally like it to sing them. It feels like I'm closer to God or something since I can concentrate better in the Holy Mass if the choir sings chants.
Well, honestly, I do try to change my mood with music, but mostly to make myself more... sad. :cookiestare
If I try to cheer up myself, I'll just watch comedy or something like that. Happy music never works with me, but good jokes (in my case, mostly dark jokes) do.

I agree with Haku - I don't see a problem with chanting.
Having not read the previous posts.... question for Yuki chan.
Do you use chants in religious activities?
I guess my friends just spend too much time in hell. :cookiestare
Yeah, of course. Why do you ask?

Have you heard Shikata-san's newest release? Another hymmnos song, titled METHOD_ALTERNATION/. Well, not bad, always takes time to get used to it, although the ending is a re-arrangement of METHOD_METAFALICA/., lol.
Not yet. :sweat I'm too busy with so many things that I can't go and find out Shikata-san's new releases. I'll try to listen to it later.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I find them.... :oh I can't find the word for it, it's just that I reaaaally like it to sing them. It feels like I'm closer to God or something since I can concentrate better in the Holy Mass if the choir sings chants.
Well, honestly, I do try to change my mood with music, but mostly to make myself more... sad. :cookiestare
If I try to cheer up myself, I'll just watch comedy or something like that. Happy music never works with me, but good jokes (in my case, mostly dark jokes) do.
Ah, that's nice. In fact, it made me go back and listen La Pacem Domino again. Latin is such a cool language with a divine aura.
Hm, that's not so nice now. Forcing a depressive state of mind through music is just what I do myself. Maybe that needs to be dropped as a habit, no? :sweat
It's because forcefully cheering yourself up a whole lot tougher than the other way around. Perhaps the best way is to just avoid messing with your nature and let things develop on its own.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Ah, that's nice. In fact, it made me go back and listen La Pacem Domino again. Latin is such a cool language with a divine aura.
Hm, that's not so nice now. Forcing a depressive state of mind through music is just what I do myself. Maybe that needs to be dropped as a habit, no? :sweat
It's because forcefully cheering yourself up a whole lot tougher than the other way around. Perhaps the best way is to just avoid messing with your nature and let things develop on its own.
La Pacem Domino? I never heard that. It is, right? :wtf I wish I can learn Latin. *sigh*
Sometimes I just feel so sad but I can't get the feelings out, thus the forcing method. I wish I can drop it, but it's either that or keeping everything inside which is worse in the long run.
Some other times, I don't want to keep feeling so gloomy so I have to cheer up myself.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

La Pacem Domino? I never heard that. It is, right? :wtf I wish I can learn Latin. *sigh*
Sometimes I just feel so sad but I can't get the feelings out, thus the forcing method. I wish I can drop it, but it's either that or keeping everything inside which is worse in the long run.
Some other times, I don't want to keep feeling so gloomy so I have to cheer up myself.
Oh, a facepalm moment for me. It's not La Pacem Domino. It's Da Pacem Domine :sweat
It has a nice meaning, too.
Give peace, O Lord, in our time
Because there is no one else
Who will fight for us
If not You, our God.
Wish Latin wasn't dead as a language.

I don't know it myself for sure. If I had a chance to drop it, I'd probably do, but it might be helping me out without me even realizing it, who knows.
The best option is to stick to the method which doesn't hurt your mental state. For me, this changes from time to time, so, I can assume that's the case for all people, since we aren't steadily marching forward towards a target at any point in the life.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Latin may be dead for most people, but if you want to live (and learn) it, there are some astonishingly modern ways like this weekly newsupdate by a german radio station. Also there's latin in Vatican, dunno for how much that counts though. Twitter should be a good way since they're issuing the same message in multiple languages including latin. Or rather have. No clue if the new guy will continue with that.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

subject matter peeked my curiosity - is all. ^^
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,129
Reaction score
20,253
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Interview:

What are your favorite books? (Indicate the author)
Most favorite manga/anime? (only one)
Most favorite music artist? (only one)
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I pick Colin, the God of Sex!
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

We had this discussion before
I remember it vaguely, but yes I think we did. But I forgot the conclusion?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I'm older and thus have been doing it longer :hmph


:nana
Then please continue and treat my mother well. :derp

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Random browsing brought me to...


The opening melody sounds familiar? How dare they mess with Chiaki-senpai's Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto like thaaaat!!! :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Why would I not treat her well?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Why would I not treat her well?
Er.. I don't know either... Maybe because she can be hard to handle sometimes?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top