Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
112
Reaction score
74
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
I really love this line by Killua:

"Three? You must be joking... Every move I made was a trap."

He's handsomely smart!! >_<
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can this show stop not sucking. What a well done episode. From the animation to the music. I didn't pick up on the Jo Jo look of Biscuit until multiple people mentioned it but it's spot on. Madhouse just nails a lot of the fasial expressions of the characters. Genthru was drawn fantastically. I love how Gon's stubbornness is treated with some sort of consequence. He could of easily just did the plan and won but now he has a price to pay for being too prideful.

I honestly can't wait for the Ant arc. I know bits and pieces of it but it will be my first time experiencing it in full. Given how they changed my opinion on Greed Island I know Madhouse will bring their A game.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly I love the Madhouse Hunter x Hunter anime just as much as I love the manga, and we aren't even in the Chimera Ant arc (my favorite arc). So when that arc starts in two weeks I'm gonna go crazy from all the excitement! :hee
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: HxH News! 2013

So we have a light-hearted opening and ending for one of the most darkest shonen arc ever.

Seems legit.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: HxH News! 2013

So we have a light-hearted opening and ending for one of the most darkest shonen arc ever.

Seems legit.
Departure is actually a sad yet hopeful song.

I think it really matches HxH's spirit. Look at some of Ant arc volume covers, hardly dark at all with Chibi Meruem on it.

It is a don't judge a book by its cover mentality.
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: HxH News! 2013

Departure is actually a sad yet hopeful song.

I think it really matches HxH's spirit. Look at some of Ant arc volume covers, hardly dark at all with Chibi Meruem on it.

It is a don't judge a book by its cover mentality.
Yeah I know. Same with YuYu Hakusho, though, the YuYu soundtrack was AMAZING. HxH.. not so much.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: HxH News! 2013

Yeah I know. Same with YuYu Hakusho, though, the YuYu soundtrack was AMAZING. HxH.. not so much.
I respect your opinion but completely disagree about hxh soundtrack
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: HxH News! 2013

I found HXH soundtrack not so good at first but since YS arc the soundtracks are great,and yeah I find YYH soundtrack amazing.
 

jam1

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
36
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Hunter x Center

I need some help with the translation :zomg:zomg:zomg

It seems that the voice actors for Gon and Killua have (just recently) read the Chimera Ant Arc in the manga.

This already is good to know. At least they had had some understanding of the psychology of their roles before they began their acting.

But what about the rest?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
You can translate? It has been said here that the song posted on the post will be CA arc ending but sung by YUZU.It's all that we know.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: HxH News! 2013

I like the YS and Phantom Rouge tracks. I'm not a big fan of OST 1, sadly.

Either way, Nagareboshi is kind of sad (star crossed friends/lovers) reading through the translation. Departure is more hopeful, like "chasing your dreams" hopeful. I respect everyone's opinions on it. Personally, I'm never going to see it as a proper fit for CA.

I can support Nagareboshi, though. It kinda reminds me of Moshimo Kono Sekai de Kimi to Boku ga Deanawakatta Nara which, if we're looking at lyrical content, speaks to our main protagonists.
 
Last edited:

llazy77

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
30
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there gonna be a new opening?
and when the chairman decision arc ends will the anime go on 6 months filler beacuse i think the tv rating are too high for them to cancel it after that
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there gonna be a new opening?
Don't hold your breath, just smile again.

and when the chairman decision arc ends will the anime go on 6 months filler beacuse i think the tv rating are too high for them to cancel it after that
If we're lucky they may be able to pull the same stuff Gintama's anime can.:derp
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Maybe they will use Departure v2, the Heavens Arena version, which said "You just try again".

But I still have a slight hope that they will announce a new opening.

By the way, this is kind of random, but I'm REALLY excited about Chimera Ant arc.
I think I have not waited something with such enthusiasm since 2007, when I was 14 years old and the 7th book of Harry Potter was going to be released.
Not like if Harry Potter was nearly as good as Hunter x Hunter, but it was important during my childhood.

April 21st, come soon!
 
Last edited:

jam1

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
36
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
You can translate? It has been said here that the song posted on the post will be CA arc ending but sung by YUZU.It's all that we know.
This is a very rough translation of the Gon/Killua interview, I may do other parts later.

Interview of Han Megumi (Gon)
Q1: What are your comments and feelings after reading the Chimera Ant Arc in the original (manga)?
A1: I was shocked by all of it. I cannot describe the weightiness. (The Arc) seems to be making an accusation of something.
(The Arc) depicts the birth of life and its reversal (death?) through the new creatures called Chimera Ants. This is the longest and most heroic battle (story) even in the original (manga). I could not stop trembling at the characters that will emerge (including Gon and Killua) and the tremendous changes and repercussions that unfold in the world (in HunterxHunter).

Q2: Please be enthusiastic about acting for the Chimera Ant Arc.
A2: In the Chimera Ant Arc, Gon will undergo changes through face-to-face encounters with life and death situations, when he come into contact with different feelings. What suits him was his becoming ferocious in team battles after physically preparing (?) himself. I am happy as long as I can stay with (the audiences) until the end of this battle.

Interview with Ise Mariya (Killua)
Q1: What are your comments and feelings after reading the Chimera Ant Arc in the original (manga)?
A1: The depictions do not look like what would appear in Shounen Jump, in my opinion (laughs). Although I am excited about what will be a story I have never imagined, I have never come across a work which I will concentrate breathlessly on reading for weeks.
In other words, I am overwhelmed by the worldview of Togashi sensei.

Q2: Please be enthusiastic about acting for the Chimera Ant Arc.
A2: I am actually depressed about the fact that unexpected monsters will charge at us from now on (laughs). I will keep my feelings while not forgetting about my heart. Osu!
 
Last edited:

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Q2: Please be enthusiastic about acting for the Chimera Ant Arc.
I like how they just tell them to keep their chins up while playing Gon and Kil despite how they felt when they read the acctual arc XD
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Killua's voice actress joking about Togashi's artwork made me "lol". I cannot wait for Chimera Arc animated! Though I've just been rewatching Gon vs Bomber bits of the last episode over and over, that episode was too hype. Greed Island is still my favorite arc for Gon's character and finally seeing it done justice (as good as the manga for me) has been great.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sooooo... if I understood correctly, today is the last episode of the Greed Island part, right?
Any news on the episode?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top