Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i like comicons better cuz of the panels. :)
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
that was ozinefest bb. in megamall.

GO THERE AND REPRESENT!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hot damn i didn't know about that either! :yelling

but... I have work. I should have gone there yesterday during my off IF ANY ONE OF YOU TOLD ME!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Some of the events organizers I know say that the cons here are actually pretty sad... I've never been to one myself, but I don't think I'd be willing to brave the sea of traffic to SMX, just to hang out in a sea of melting cosplayers.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Makakapag-ojt na ko! :woo

Tinapos ko lahat nung mga requirements. Natanggap agad ako dun sa nirecommend na company ng Coordinator namin.

Start na ko sa Monday. :victory

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Some of the events organizers I know say that the cons here are actually pretty sad... I've never been to one myself
Same here






Naruto: Road to Ninja - Currently Showing
One Piece Film Z - May 1 (Sakto Labor Day)
Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge: May 15
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's hilarious how SM is now charging for something that GMA 7 aired for free...

On a side note, can any of you name a contemporary mecha anime that has an adult lead? I'm getting tired of all these hormonal teenagers piloting walking death machines, while the inept adults watch from the background. I'm currently watching Seed Destiny, just to fulfill my craving for robot battles...
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
It's hilarious how SM is now charging for something that GMA 7 aired for free...

On a side note, can any of you name a contemporary mecha anime that has an adult lead? I'm getting tired of all these hormonal teenagers piloting walking death machines, while the inept adults watch from the background. I'm currently watching Seed Destiny, just to fulfill my craving for robot battles...
Code Geass
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I've already seen Code Geass, and though it's close to what I'm looking for, it still doesn't satisfy 100% of my criteria. I get annoyed each time some teenager outperforms a hardened war veteran, just because he has more "heart"...and on that note, I don't get why the hardened war vets are normally antagonists, and are actually only between the late 20's and early 30's.
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
YAY! VOLG-SAN is the CHAMP at last! woohoo!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Some of the events organizers I know say that the cons here are actually pretty sad... I've never been to one myself, but I don't think I'd be willing to brave the sea of traffic to SMX, just to hang out in a sea of melting cosplayers.
Well, I'd been to more than five, maybe. So I can compare.

yep, I've never enjoyed any of the cons here EXCEPT! UP AME Matsuri. It's awesome.

It's got many attractions and interactive booths like sumo-wrestling, goldfish catching (yep, the one you see in anime), japanese food carts, Karaoke contests, raffles, etc. etc.

I think they do it every december? They also had a fair last february, it's called 1up, but maybe that's for games since they have bigger sponsors for that one and a bigger location (World Trade Center), but they also have the many attractions that I mentioned.

I'd been to the SM Megamall ones, and a bit bored except for when Alodia showed up :drool

I also went to a Comic convention in UP and it was too... niche. Like, I'm not into the Western Graphic Novels much, and not into indie and local comics either, except for Pugad Baboy (which I had a signed copy of when I went to the event :3 Paul Medina Jr. FTW). So I don't enjoy Comic conventions much.

I'd been to one in Cebu- that was dismal. Or maybe because it was 1 hour till closing when I arrived? But I got to chat with the artists over dinner (friends of friends, amazing) and was disheartened that they were conyo fucks. Dorks, sure, but conyo! We talked about Machete, and would you believe they pronounced it as Masheti. -_- Yeah they could probably pursue making doujins or original work since they got their parents funding them and stuff. >.>

Makakapag-ojt na ko! :woo

Tinapos ko lahat nung mga requirements. Natanggap agad ako dun sa nirecommend na company ng Coordinator namin.

Start na ko sa Monday. :victory
congrats! malapit lang sa bahay mo?


It's hilarious how SM is now charging for something that GMA 7 aired for free...

On a side note, can any of you name a contemporary mecha anime that has an adult lead? I'm getting tired of all these hormonal teenagers piloting walking death machines, while the inept adults watch from the background. I'm currently watching Seed Destiny, just to fulfill my craving for robot battles...
Macross.

The 80s ones...

If you can get past the artwork, the 80s music, and the obsolete animation, I think Macross is an awesome epic.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Macross.

The 80s ones...

If you can get past the artwork, the 80s music, and the obsolete animation, I think Macross is an awesome epic.
i totally agree on this one. for me, this is what mecha is all about, along with nge.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
YAY! VOLG-SAN is the CHAMP at last! woohoo!
dude. that was SO LAST YEAR.

(already posted it last year. on facebook, of all places.)

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

We talked about Machete, and would you believe they pronounced it as Masheti.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Those conyo accents are more ridiculous than English-speaking French accents.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@BB- I'm looking for contemporary titles, since it's hard to transition from full-on balls-to-wall battles to subdued 70's-80's mech battles (I'm rewatching MS Gundam atm, and the battles are boring as shit, when compared to the seizure-inducing battles in Seed/DS/00).

re:"masheti"- it's how the crackers pronounce it too. they can say "chair" properly, but not "machete"...
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
dude. that was SO LAST YEAR.

(already posted it last year. on facebook, of all places.)
dafuq.

how come im just reading it now? any other sources aside from mangasnai*stream?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you could try Macross Zero, a 20th anniversary tribute to the original series, therefore they made a "prequel" OVA series.

It may be a 2002-2004 release but the animation is topnotch:

You could try Escaflowne, hehe. I wonder if you ever watched that. I thought it was entertaining. And it doesn't have "seizure" inducing battles like in 00, but the guymelefs were a pretty original concept and ancient-sounding that hearing their gears cranking was kinda awesome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i was gonna say the same thing, top notch ;) macross just does it for me. i guess this is what you call "kinalakihan".
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
You could try Escaflowne, hehe. I wonder if you ever watched that. I thought it was entertaining. And it doesn't have "seizure" inducing battles like in 00, but the guymelefs were a pretty original concept and ancient-sounding that hearing their gears cranking was kinda awesome.
Man...Escaflowne was my childhood. I have convinced myself to never watch it again though. I'm pretty sure it wont be as good as the fond image I have of it in my head.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Man...Escaflowne was my childhood. I have convinced myself to never watch it again though. I'm pretty sure it wont be as good as the fond image I have of it in my head.
same.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Anyone got that dude in your peers whose father is way cooler than that dude, and said father can always relate to everyone's personal problems, dispenses insightful advice, and when the group's in a pinch, willingly lets everyone come over to his place to do some group drinking?

That dude's dad in my peers died due to a massive stroke extremely recently. Was like a father to most of us. I'm trying to get back to NCR ASAP, before they start covering him in mounds of dirt.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Man...Escaflowne was my childhood. I have convinced myself to never watch it again though. I'm pretty sure it wont be as good as the fond image I have of it in my head.
Yeah I tried to watch it objectively recently, like three months ago or something. Surprisingly, I still enjoyed it. And looked for more of the franchise, opening myself to watching the movie (which was way cooler and bloodier), and reading the shounen manga (there were two printings, one shoujo and one shounen- the anime was a mix of both but more on the shoujo story line).

However I did not go past volume 1 of the manga due to horrible scan quality and 80s art.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate 80s and 90s art, provided they were really good: Slam Dunk and Ranma would be examples of nostalgic art. But the Escaflowne one didn't really impress me, it had a different style than in the anime.

Anyone got that dude in your peers whose father is way cooler than that dude, and said father can always relate to everyone's personal problems, dispenses insightful advice, and when the group's in a pinch, willingly lets everyone come over to his place to do some group drinking?
We have one like that, my friend's mom. You know, the teenage mom who brought up a daughter and they're like sisters and she's really cool and open-minded and stuff.

Our group's pretty versatile regarding moms- one's the cool and young spirited, another a stepmom who wants all the inheritance, one who is a religious zealot, there's the one who relies on her daughter from paycheck to paycheck, there's another who turned lesbian in our college years.

And then there's my mom: the tiger mom.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

CHIMERA ARC! :narutokyu
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top