Pinoy Community v. 18 | Page 97 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
no. 2011 anime was a rehash- so everything from the very beginning.

Episode 75 of the 2011 anime was where the Greed Island arc ended.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
shit. ep 13 na ako. ulit2x? which one would you recommend? nvm, i'll just watch the whole damn thing.

---------- Post added April 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was April 23, 2013 at 01:14 AM ----------

Naruto sucks, can't keep the hype momentum going. shit.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

hey guys, what do you think of "Shingeki no Kyojin Manga" and "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"?

Last edited:

purpleRei

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hobbies ko is mostly pang-lalake (pero babae po ako), like assembling toys, chess, online games. nagbabasa rin ako ng libro (maliban pa sa manga), i swim, i was once a drummer for our school (yeah, as in legit drummer representing our school). i'd like to try hiking pero wala pang time. ayun

hunter71485

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
oooohhh... drummer.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

:kuroko

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
hobbies ko is mostly pang-lalake (pero babae po ako), like assembling toys, chess, online games. nagbabasa rin ako ng libro (maliban pa sa manga), i swim, i was once a drummer for our school (yeah, as in legit drummer representing our school). i'd like to try hiking pero wala pang time. ayun
Pwede magpaturo mag-drums? :wtf

Sino favorite mong drummer?

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

ha talaga? happy birthday! I didn't know! how did you spend it?
Pinagmiryenda ko lang yung mga tropa ko ng Pancit Canton.

Tapos uminom ng Dr. Pepper at kumain ng Pringles habang hinihintay kong matapos yung birthday ko.

Tapos ko na nga pala ang 20th Century Boys tapos last/2nd volume na ko sa 21st Century Boys.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hey guys, what do you think of "Shingeki no Kyojin Manga" and "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"?
hunt can tell you about Gurren Lagann, as I can't seem to get past ep 3 of it...

I read Shingeki no Kyojin- and I'm excited for the anime as well. I must say, it has a very original concept, albeit crude and raw. Not to mention that the art needs a getting used to. Also, the way he narrates the story, he skips from different time zones, flash backs, kinda stuff. Which makes it all the more jarring. Despite that, he paints a really unique and terrifying world where people are literally ripped apart and you can feel their despair.

That's why I'm more eager for the upcoming anime since I'm hoping there will be smoother artwork, and smoother transitions in the story. But plot-wise, yeah it gets a 9/10.

what books do you read?

what manga do you read?

what music do you like to play? If you're a drummer representing your school, I'm assuming, classical? :zomg

Tapos uminom ng Dr. Pepper at kumain ng Pringles habang hinihintay kong matapos yung birthday ko.

Tapos ko na nga pala ang 20th Century Boys tapos last/2nd volume na ko sa 21st Century Boys.
Walang alak? :D

And how do you find Naoki Urasawa? :3c

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I read Shingeki no Kyojin- and I'm excited for the anime as well. I must say, it has a very original concept, albeit crude and raw. Not to mention that the art needs a getting used to. Also, the way he narrates the story, he skips from different time zones, flash backs, kinda stuff. Which makes it all the more jarring. Despite that, he paints a really unique and terrifying world where people are literally ripped apart and you can feel their despair.
This is exactly what I feel about SnK. I actually got lost in the part after
the female giant who showed signs that she's capable of thinking and was planning to kidnap, err I forgot the MC's name, was shown.

I haven't caught up after that. I was following it monthly back then so when I read a certain chapter I was like, "Wait, di I just skip a chapter or what?" and just decided to read it per volume instead. And since the anime's already out, maybe it's time for me to start reading again... per volume.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
the anime's out?!!!

uy radar, 1 more post and you're a hero member! congrats! :confetti

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I think so, yeah. Though I haven't seen it yet.

RIGHT!!!!! Thanks for pointing that out (lol). And here's me being a Hero Membaa alas!:3c

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hobbies ko is mostly pang-lalake (pero babae po ako)
hey there.. beautiful.. ;)

i was once a drummer for our school (yeah, as in legit drummer representing our school).
let me guess, drum and bugle corps? :thumbs

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

I think so, yeah. Though I haven't seen it yet.

RIGHT!!!!! Thanks for pointing that out (lol). And here's me being a Hero Membaa alas!:3c
YAY! one-punch man is an Eiyuu Menbaa!!

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

the anime's out?!!!
the reason why i asked about it, a friend posted its opening theme in FB. :)

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

hunt can tell you about Gurren Lagann, as I can't seem to get past ep 3 of it...
@hunt psst. bud.

That's why I'm more eager for the upcoming anime since I'm hoping there will be smoother artwork, and smoother transitions in the story. But plot-wise, yeah it gets a 9/10.
thanks for this! :)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
wow i checked out the OP of SNK, and it looks awesome! so beyond expectation!

At least I have a new weekly to replace HBO's Girls and Californication...

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
wow i checked out the OP of SNK, and it looks awesome! so beyond expectation!

At least I have a new weekly to replace HBO's Girls and Californication...
ooohhhh.. you watch Girls? haven't watched since S1 finale.

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I just watched the pilot episode of SnK. Oh shit, this is just perfect I couldn't ask for more. The animation, the direction, the music, everything's just excellent (given it's from prominent people from their respective field).:zomg

And they've been very loyal to the manga so far even though they've toned down the goriness a bit which is expected.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hmm... I'll let it run for a few episodes before watching it. Since I'll only get frustrated if I watch on a slow pace...

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Walang alak? :D

And how do you find Naoki Urasawa? :3c
Allergic ako sa alcoholic drinks.
Urasawa is one of the greatest I think. He's a successful mangaka inspired by Tezuka anyway.
Sunod kong babasahin yung Monster o kaya Pluto o kaya Phoenix ni Tezuka.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
re: snk- I've been waiting for the anime to come out too.

@MD- TTGL is great if you're into super robots and fanservice... which I know you are. :derp

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
@l4pb we're definitely long lost brothers :derp

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

this weekend is dedicated to hxh manga. Lord, have mercy on my eyes.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
if it's HBO, then it should be a good adaptation.

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
hey everyone.

anyone watched iron man 3 yet?

stark gets that piece of shrapnel removed by surgical operation. in the original source (the comics), it was a heart transplant.

Status
Not open for further replies.