Shounen Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi


Aku no Hana
By: OSHIMI Shuuzou
Genre: Psychological, Drama
Serialized In: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
Mangaupdates

Kusuga-kun steals a pair gym clothes of the girl he likes, the next day the girl that sits behind him reveals that she saw everything. Now if he doesn't form a "contract" with her, she is going to tell.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder why craptasticscans havent released more chapters. Aku no Hana is a good series, I'm looking forward to it.
 

HaiSuShi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
244
Reaction score
126
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Read all available chapters including the 25th, and I have to say this manga is pretty weird...
I just can't sympathize with Kasuga anymore. After the scene in the rain in chapter 16 and his decision to follow Nakamura I absolutely don't understand him.
I hope Nanako somehow gets out of this mentally intact...
Now Kasuga and Nakamura are just psychotic little kids trying to lash out at society and it is pretty unnerving seeing Kasuga being so happy, when he is doing something "perverted" again to please Nakamura...

Though I think this is exactly what the author WANTS to convey...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the scans are up to date with the raws and the story really developed a damn lot....

but before I spoil anyone here, is there someone who's up to date with the series? I have to say I found the last chapter really amazing.

As fascinating as the angst was at times, I was so happy that Kasuga finally crushed his "Fleur de Mal" or whatever you wanna call it. His confession to Aya made me laugh somehow, it's so daring to confess to her right at the spot with her boyfriend being around :XD
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Whether his resolve to free himself from his shackles and confess to her right on the spot was a good idea depends on what happens next. If he gets cruelly rejected, which definitely is a possibility, he could become depressed even more.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Whether his resolve to free himself from his shackles and confess to her right on the spot was a good idea depends on what happens next. If he gets cruelly rejected, which definitely is a possibility, he could become depressed even more.
Well, looks like it worked out. I thought the chapter was pretty good and I'm quite happy that Kasuga finally seems to move on.

Pretty harsh for Aya's boyfriend but somehow I think it was bound to happen, it didn't look like he was the right one for her.
 

HaiSuShi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
244
Reaction score
126
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the scans are up to date with the raws and the story really developed a damn lot....

but before I spoil anyone here, is there someone who's up to date with the series? I have to say I found the last chapter really amazing.

As fascinating as the angst was at times, I was so happy that Kasuga finally crushed his "Fleur de Mal" or whatever you wanna call it. His confession to Aya made me laugh somehow, it's so daring to confess to her right at the spot with her boyfriend being around :XD
This, 1000 times. Like with Onani Master Kurosawa, I've been hoping the whole time things finally take a turn in the right direction.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Even though the manga is still on-going, the previous chapter seemed kind of like a conclusion. The last page of the recent chapter with the flower lying on the ground was a powerful image. I'm glad that Kasuga was able to overcome his inner conflict and move on from his past, and hopefully Nakamura -wherever she is- is able to do the same.

I'm looking forward to see where the relationship between Kasuga and Aya will go from here. It seems to be going well, but you just never know. ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

This, 1000 times. Like with Onani Master Kurosawa, I've been hoping the whole time things finally take a turn in the right direction.
Even though the manga is still on-going, the previous chapter seemed kind of like a conclusion. The last page of the recent chapter with the flower lying on the ground was a powerful image. I'm glad that Kasuga was able to overcome his inner conflict and move on from his past, and hopefully Nakamura -wherever she is- is able to do the same.

I'm looking forward to see where the relationship between Kasuga and Aya will go from here. It seems to be going well, but you just never know. ;)
Glad to see you have catched up with the manga Asa :wtf what are your impressions of the darker parts?

And I agree with you two, pretty strong conclusion to Kasuga's sorrow. I love it but on the other hand I feel like things are advancing too well. If I had to take a guess, I could imagine Nakamura popping up anytime time, throwing Kasuga into chaos again. He might be over his past madness now but his obsession with her still glows strong, so should she return I already smell some seriously bad stuff happening. She's way more wicked than Kasuga ever was, I doubt she has changed in any way. At best she's just surpressing her mad/evil/wicked side.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Glad to see you have catched up with the manga Asa :wtf what are your impressions of the darker parts?
You told me that it was going to be "disturbing", and you were right... the dark parts were disturbing. :XD The fact that the characters are only thirteen made it even more so. Sasaki's decent into madness was great because her character became more fleshed out than the "class idol" trope she was at first. Everything felt very Shakespearean when I read the chapters.

The emotional parts were also really powerful such as the scene where Kasuga had to choose between Nakamura and Sasaki... stark naked in the rain no less. My favourite moment was Chapter 44 where he was fighting with his inner demons and finally let go of his past.

And I agree with you two, pretty strong conclusion to Kasuga's sorrow. I love it but on the other hand I feel like things are advancing too well. If I had to take a guess, I could imagine Nakamura popping up anytime time, throwing Kasuga into chaos again. He might be over his past madness now but his obsession with her still glows strong, so should she return I already smell some seriously bad stuff happening. She's way more wicked than Kasuga ever was, I doubt she has changed in any way. At best she's just surpressing her mad/evil/wicked side.
It's definitely going too well, and I'm sure Nakamura will show up again and trigger the past that Kasuga finally laid to rest. Part 1 was centred around Nakamura and how she was able to manipulate Kasuga so easily. When you read Part 2, you really notice her absence and just how integral she was in Kasuga's middle school daily life. I'm sure she will show up again since we've already seen Sasaki return again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Ah the new chapter was great. It was a fast read but I feel satisfied, he portrayed Kasuga returning to the "light" really well. I'm so glad he finally found happiness. Aya is such a nice girl, they fit each other so well.

Kasuga is slowly advancing from the mirtheless days he's experienced ever since the story started, looks like he's going to make up with his family as well. The only slight worry I have is Aya's brother, the look in his eyes reminded me of Nakamura a bit too much... I seriously hope he can enjoy his new life as long and as much as possible.

You told me that it was going to be "disturbing", and you were right... the dark parts were disturbing. :XD The fact that the characters are only thirteen made it even more so. Sasaki's decent into madness was great because her character became more fleshed out than the "class idol" trope she was at first. Everything felt very Shakespearean when I read the chapters.

The emotional parts were also really powerful such as the scene where Kasuga had to choose between Nakamura and Sasaki... stark naked in the rain no less. My favourite moment was Chapter 44 where he was fighting with his inner demons and finally let go of his past.
Yep, I honestly didn't expect that Sasaki would delve into madness that much. It was great seeing her develop into a very multi-layered character, even if things ended bad for her. I have to say she was acting like a total bitch when she met Kasuga again but somehow I can't really hate her, it's kind of natural for her to act that way after what she went through thanks to Kasuga and Nakamura. No doubt she's played a part in it too but I imagine deep inside her she must still be as lonely as Kasuga was. I'm pretty sure he's the only one of the trio who managed to overcome his past so far.

And without a doubt, chapter 44 was my favourite moment too. After everything that happened I couldn't help but feel extremely happy for Kasuga.

It's definitely going too well, and I'm sure Nakamura will show up again and trigger the past that Kasuga finally laid to rest. Part 1 was centred around Nakamura and how she was able to manipulate Kasuga so easily. When you read Part 2, you really notice her absence and just how integral she was in Kasuga's middle school daily life. I'm sure she will show up again since we've already seen Sasaki return again.
It's hard to tell with this manga. I'm pretty sure Nakamura will return at some point but I could imagine that she has changed as well, somehow. Still, when they meet, the past will come up again and I fear they will delve into madness again, together. Kasuga isn't at the point where he truly is past Nakamura and everything that happened, she was just too crucial to his past life. After the latest chapter I could imagine that Aya's brother will cause some trouble beforehand though. Maybe that's just me, what do you think about him?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Caught up with it today. Reeeeeally hope it will end now. Though I'm curious about Nakamura's whereabouts and all, I want Kasuga to be happy. With every chapter I have the feeling something bad will happen. Something that will put everything into chaos and mess with Kasuga royally.
 

Georgie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
42
Gender
Female
Country
United States
omg I just want to say how much I love this manga and the anime too! I watched the anime the other day and today I finished all available 48 chapters. I am enjoying the second part of the manga, and I like it how it keeps me guessing whether it will have a happy ending or a depressing ending. A really good series. I must be one of the few people that really likes the rotoscoping, it definitely gives it a "real" feeling, like you could see this happening. i guess it's just too real for some people so they can't really get into escapism like other anime.
 

Nasser

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
39
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Has anyone read the last chapter? Man that was confusing! Anyway, the manga ending next chapter, hopefully it delivers!
 

Keigo Kakiguchi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I did. Shit is about to get real.
 

Jeshua

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
138
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gosh... This last chapter was... Amazing.
Dem feelings. :crying
 

theruleofflaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
3
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
This manga is pretty good. The ending is a cliffhanger but in my opinion Kasuga will still choose Nakamura than Aya. In the dream sequence, The future was shown. If he goes with the Aya route he will live in just a boring routine that he was trying to avoid when he was young He will revert back to being a "shiteater" that life goes in a cycle. The second one was that he became a writer and Nakamura is in the city. He was still searching for the excitement in his life that he cannot have if he was a "shiteater". So I think he will abandon Aya like he did with Saeki for Nakamura.
 
Top