Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ant man? Is that the drunk one that beats his wife? I guess even disney's marvel can be gritty now.... Then again tony stark is not nearly as alcoholic or insane as he is in the comic books so who knows, maybe the wife beating will be cautiously avoided and used for some sort of comedic relief.... like when tony got drunk and used his weapon of mass destruction to party.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ant man? Is that the drunk one that beats his wife? I guess even disney's marvel can be gritty now.... Then again tony stark is not nearly as alcoholic or insane as he is in the comic books so who knows, maybe the wife beating will be cautiously avoided and used for some sort of comedic relief.... like when tony got drunk and used his weapon of mass destruction to party.
I don't know about the drunk thing, but he and The Wasp had their problems. But so did Spiderman and Mary Jane...it's not really a defining characteristic.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't heard that about the Avengers sequel. Only that Scarlet With and Quicksilver will be in it. I know the movie is being made though, so who knows...
Last I heard was regarding disputes in contracts and salary, as news on Rober Downey Jr's contract was made public a while back. Joss Whedon has since silenced those talks, so dunno how much truth there is in that. I've not read anything concrete regarding the story though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Last I heard was regarding disputes in contracts and salary, as news on Rober Downey Jr's contract was made public a while back. Joss Whedon has since silenced those talks, so dunno how much truth there is in that. I've not read anything concrete regarding the story though.
There's something in the script info we have that references a brother and sister duo, which really only makes sense if it's SW and Quicksilver. As far as Antman goes, it would make sense, but I haven't heard anything about it.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
There's something in the script info we have that references a brother and sister duo, which really only makes sense if it's SW and Quicksilver. As far as Antman goes, it would make sense, but I haven't heard anything about it.
Oh I know about the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appearance in the sequel, though it could still change, it's pretty safe to assume it's confirmed.

Has anyone seen Star Trek yet? My brother watched it and said it "sucked", usually I don't listen to him but it's made me reluctant :/
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Star Trek 2? idk it's not out yet for me but the first one was great.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Star Trek 2? idk it's not out yet for me but the first one was great.
Everything about this film points to it being a hit; it has Dominic Cumberbatch for god's sake. And if it's anything like the first one, then I'd be happy. So I'm just asking to confirm. But I guess only other brits and what other countries can answer this, since it's not out in US yet( :umad)
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters

Johnny Depp in that role? now I've seen everything.
Didn´t know that Ruth Wilson is in this movie, she deservers to get more attention, so Hollywood movies should do the trick.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Seems like I have to disagree with most users, Iron Man 3 was a hot piece of garbage.
Oh my god was it bad, those cuts, that feminism, those holes, those mark suits, those marketing stunts. All the time I thought hm, it's not that bad, there will be something to redeem their concentration on Tony being uncapable of using SHIELD or his mighty friends to help him with the problem, him not using any other suit throughout the whole movie, while they were nicely advertized with detailed info in the promotion, that gimmicky shit of dis/assembling of Mk42,[naturally it's super weak when it needs to have power cells and nozzles for flying in every single little part. A mask as little as that flying for hundreds of miles, WTF], the DECEPTION about Mandarin... Hell, at first I saw those circles and though, maybe it's a reference ten rings from Iron Man 1[it is], maybe it's a direct reference to Mandarin rings, but nah, let's make him an arabic "terror[con-art]ist"[yeah it's in line with IM1, I don't fucking care though], let's not give him any power, let's make it a hoax. Damn Marvel for their realistic approach or maybe they didn't have the balls to make a chinese man look bad? Use rings of power instead of some plant mutation.This is who the Mandarin is supposed to be:
The Mandarin is a brilliant scientist and martial artist who uses the Ten Rings of Power as his primary weapons. He is a powerful adversary of Iron Man.
Again, why didn't he use any of those suits while he has having massive problems with those mutants?Oo Ah sorry, all that money for CGI did lend in RDJrs pocket, so let's just use them at the end to sell dozens of different toys that did appear for around 60seconds each. Than comes Trevor and his groups of nuclear "plant"[hohoho] agents. Never seen that before... some get lost limbs back, he turns into sexy mofo, spaying fire in one scene, an attack never to be seen again, not even when he could have really really needed it. But it's okay, he can just melt things, so his supervillain name might be the "The Smelter". All of those agents were so lame, just glow and you become a super freak. And of course Pepper had to have her scene, the only one going wild on instinct and even better the mark42 was perfect for that scene. haha oh my, oh my.

Later that evening I've seen Dou fo sin/Flashpoint with Donnie Yen, for the second time. Yeah there was a bit of Internal Affairs in it, but the rest was so good, such nice action, a red line from the beginning to end with an awesome final fight. If IM3 was a 1/10, this would have easily been a 12/10, that's how bad I feel that pos was. It doesn't deserve audience it get's, especially when it had a chance to shine after that bastard that was IM2[don't even want to think about it]. Shane Black shall never direct a superhero flick again, but maybe I shouldn't fault him for that horrible script. Discl.: I've seen it with a group of 5, everyone did say that it was just that bad and confusing at times. I'm thankful that Tony ended the trilogy at the end of the movie, I don't need a to see the franchise fail three times in a row.

Anybody agreeing with me? :P Avengers was great, don't like how the reference to it was repeated so often, just so it could get that cameo in the credits?
 
Last edited:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
No, I disagree. I loved it. :amuse


I just finished watching Cabin in the Woods alone at night in the dark :arf, but it was so funny and interestingly thought out that I'm not even scurred yo :arf. It's worth a watch.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

that feminism,
Also, what the hell are you even talking about?...

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Dominic Cumberbatch
Hell yes! :derp
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I still need to see it. I'll put that one next on my Netflix I think.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Old Boy directed by Spike Lee :notrust

Why does Hollywood always remake their on version of successful international movies?!
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Awkward? How so?

I wouldn't put it among his best movies, but it was still a pretty good watch.
The movie was practically finished after 2 hours, the 40 minutes seemed like an unnecessary addition.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
we may be in that creepy part of history where we've stopped making anything new and just... remade everything. :oh
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
They are also remaking Annie and I hear Jamie Foxx is playing Daddy Warbucks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top