Discussion Who is stronger than Luffy?

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I disagree. I don't think that Rayleigh was actually panting. It seemed more like he was messing around with Kizaru. The fight must have continued off-panel where Rayleigh must have gotten away. Seeing as Kizaru stated that he can't simply let Rayleigh leave suggests that Rayleigh perhaps came out victorious, or at the very least easily got away from someone as strong and fast as Kizaru, which is a testament to his skill.

There's also the fact that it's been stated that Rayleigh would've knocked out all 100 000 soldiers in the Fishman Island. His Haki is thus at least twice as strong as Luffy's. Given that he was able to train Luffy in all aspects of Haki also suggests that he's mastered all four (including Conquerer's Haki). In response to Rayleigh being spotted in Sabondy, Sengoku said something like "we can only handle one legend at the time". That, to me, suggests that Rayleigh is actually closer to a Yonkou than an Admiral. At the very least, he implied that he would defeat Kizaru without much trouble in his prime.
Sorry but I wont go easy on you:3c Dont be angry.

1. Rayleight was panting http://www.mangareader.net/103-2620-10/one-piece/chapter-513.html 20 years of not fighting regularly made him rusty.
2. Getting easily away from Admiral, especially Kizaru is not an option- if I was you I would cut out word "easily".
3. His haki might be twice as strong as Luffy but that doesnt mean that he is two times stronger than Luffy, he is old so he cant endure as much as Luffy when it comes to stamina etc
4. I know 3 types of haki(including CoC), what is 4th type of haki?
5. Not Sengoku said that but Garp.
6. In his prime he would most probably defeat Kizaru without going 100% at him. IN HIS PRIME he was closer to Emperor than anyone else. Now he is below Admiral. Old age fellow poster, old age. Oda puts emphasis on it on many occasions.

Luffy in league with current Rayleigh.
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
akainu almost killed whitebeard. killed ace. he was very close to killing luffy ,ivankov, jinbe all in like 5 mins lol and he fought with all of the whitebeard commanders at the same time who werent even able to scratch him.
Come on. We both saw that it was the other way around. Whitebeard almost killed Akainu.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Sorry but I wont go easy on you:3c Dont be angry.

1. Rayleight was panting http://www.mangareader.net/103-2620-10/one-piece/chapter-513.html 20 years of not fighting regularly made him rusty.
2. Getting easily away from Admiral, especially Kizaru is not an option- if I was you I would cut out word "easily".
3. His haki might be twice as strong as Luffy but that doesnt mean that he is two times stronger than Luffy, he is old so he cant endure as much as Luffy when it comes to stamina etc
4. I know 3 types of haki(including CoC), what is 4th type of haki?
5. Not Sengoku said that but Garp.
6. In his prime he would most probably defeat Kizaru without going 100% at him. IN HIS PRIME he was closer to Emperor than anyone else. Now he is below Admiral. Old age fellow poster, old age. Oda puts emphasis on it on many occasions.

Luffy in league with current Rayleigh.
My bad. At that point in the story, I was still watching the anime and not the manga. There, Rayleigh doesn't pant if memory serves me right. Regardless, I do think him getting away is a testament to his great skill given Borsalino's Logia. He also showed incredible speed in deflecting Kizaru's first attack, for the record. The 'four' Haki types was merely a typo, it's meant to say three.

Fair enough, Garo or Sengoku. The end-result is still the same. Because of his poor stamina, perhaps he is slightly below an admiral after all. I do think he's still stronger than Luffy, unless the fight goes on for an extended period of time and he tires.

I love Kizaru's style, for the record.
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Come on. We both saw that it was the other way around. Whitebeard almost killed Akainu.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------



My bad. At that point in the story, I was still watching the anime and not the manga. There, Rayleigh doesn't pant if memory serves me right. Regardless, I do think him getting away is a testament to his great skill given Borsalino's Logia. He also showed incredible speed in deflecting Kizaru's first attack, for the record. The 'four' Haki types was merely a typo, it's meant to say three.

Fair enough, Garo or Sengoku. The end-result is still the same. Because of his poor stamina, perhaps he is slightly below an admiral after all. I do think he's still stronger than Luffy, unless the fight goes on for an extended period of time and he tires.

I love Kizaru's style, for the record.
Glad you can agree. I had to point few things out just to clearly show that time did numbers on Rayilegh. He was monster close to Emperor but it was many years ago. I would put him and Doflamingo at same "level".
As for your love for Borsalino- prepare for some serious ass whooping done by Strawhats to light logia user :3c Zoro has a score to settle with Kizaru for almost killing him. I do think that 2 out of 3 people from Monster Trio would be just enough to defeat Kizaru.
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Glad you can agree. I had to point few things out just to clearly show that time did numbers on Rayilegh. He was monster close to Emperor but it was many years ago. I would put him and Doflamingo at same "level".
As for your love for Borsalino- prepare for some serious ass whooping done by Strawhats to light logia user :3c Zoro has a score to settle with Kizaru for almost killing him. I do think that 2 out of 3 people from Monster Trio would be just enough to defeat Kizaru.
If only the OP Universe followed the laws of our universe.. Kizaru should be the strongest character to have ever lived. He is able to travel at the speed of light for gods sake! People should be permanently blinded just by looking at him, not to mention the ridiculous size of momentum behind each and every hit.

There are a number of characters I would love to see in their prime, including Garp and Rayleigh. I am sure (more like hoping) that we will eventually see a 'real' Roger flashback which involves them taking on the marines, including Garp. How fantastic wouldn't it be to see Garp, Roger and Rayleigh go all out.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
If only the OP Universe followed the laws of our universe.. Kizaru should be the strongest character to have ever lived. He is able to travel at the speed of light for gods sake! People should be permanently blinded just by looking at him, not to mention the ridiculous size of momentum behind each and every hit.
Scientifically speaking, The Speed of Light should enable you to jog from village to village and city to city since the speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s
So if you can cover that amount in a second... and... Japan is 377,873,000,000 meters...
so dividing it by the latter is 1260.44865345
Average person walks between 3000 to 4000 steps per day... He can run up and down the whole of Japan more than twice in under 5 seconds.
But of course, OP Universe defies even scientific logic, which is just how I like it.

Yeah Kizaru makes no sense. He is fast enough to run along the water without sinking.
 

Ninja_Pirate

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,152
Reaction score
463
Gender
Male
Country
India
Glad you can agree. I had to point few things out just to clearly show that time did numbers on Rayilegh. He was monster close to Emperor but it was many years ago. I would put him and Doflamingo at same "level".
As for your love for Borsalino- prepare for some serious ass whooping done by Strawhats to light logia user :3c Zoro has a score to settle with Kizaru for almost killing him. I do think that 2 out of 3 people from Monster Trio would be just enough to defeat Kizaru.
Time is the strongest weapon no one can defeat ... So obviously time did numbers on rayleigh ... But not as much as it did on WB (he was ill… he was on medicine 24x7) … And if that old WB >>>current luffy then I must say even Rayleigh >>Current luffy ….

Even at Shabondy … here http://www.mangareader.net/103-2619-2/one-piece/chapter-512.html .. If we need to capture u here even we need to do some preparations… When they only had beaten SHs who could not do a thing … Even after all SHs disappeared ,,,, Rayleigh escaped in presence of not only Kizaru but a pacifista and Sentaoumaru/… So how come you are putting Rayleigh below admiral is out of my understanding at least … It doesn't even matter if he did it while panting or not .. When WB started panting in war … after that how much destruction he has done … Luffy started panting in very early stage of his fight with Lucci … Clearly Panting is something U can’t define as the person being weak… Panting generally happens when you don’t let your strength go down in your performance … Even when your stamina is low …

And for your reference of this page …http://www.mangareader.net/103-2620-10/one-piece/chapter-513.html …. Rayleigh is cursing his old age because while fighting Kizaru he can’t give hand to SHs … not that he is having trouble trolling Kizaru .. And that's y Kizaru said “you are embarrassing me” … lol … Kizaru was easily trolled by Rayleigh … One more of the reason for panting is .. Kizaru was fighting without any tension while Rayleigh had tension of SHs on his mind …

1. If it has been stated by Oda that Rayleigh’s conquerer’s haki is twice the strength of luffy’s conqueror haki (which is definitely a rare form of haki than CoO and CoA) … I would assume that Rayleigh’s CoO and CoA is also stronger than Luffy’s CoO and CoA…
2. He freaking swam across Calm belt killing a Sea king with his bare hand (would like to see someone doing that without using his DF) … and after that also he came out panting … Doesn’t mean Law and troop weren’t amazed …
3. Moreover if garp at his age can be a beast enough to kick marco’s ass so easily I bet so does Rayleigh ..
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
After the timeskip although it would be hard to measure Luffy's full power I'd still bet on him not needing more than one fight to take out DD since that is the power I'd expect from someone able to give a finishing blow to a Yonkou and who's trained with someone probably almost as strong as WB.

No disrespect to everything the worst generation has done in NW up till now but still I don't think it matches up to what at least 5 SHs did within the timeskip so I would say Luffy is stronger than any supernova and once Law will witness what Luffy is capable of he won't regret taking that loose cannon.

Now I would say that the admirals are stronger than luffy, Jozu, Marco and Vista are sronger than him and possibly the top 3 of and Yonkou right now which we still don't know, in BB's crew I would guess he, Shiryu and another level 6 prisoner although they all strike me as not fast enough but that's just by their design.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
If only the OP Universe followed the laws of our universe.. Kizaru should be the strongest character to have ever lived. He is able to travel at the speed of light for gods sake! People should be permanently blinded just by looking at him, not to mention the ridiculous size of momentum behind each and every hit.
Shouldn't Marco be the strongest ? Dude's immortal...or so he was said to be...
 

Sproumfch

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
358
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
France
At first, measuring Luffy's strengh was very complicated because of the level of his angryness. Secondly because now we don't know his powers.
We only know that :
-before time skip he has an endless lifeforce, and started to use well his fruit
-he trained with the most powerfull known man's second hand (Rayleigh, even old he still rocks) during one year and a half. then he trained alone 6 months
-he mastered his fruit with a lot of new skills (the flying legs, runin'fire, Red Hawk, Elephant Gatling, Grizzly Magnum, Snake Shot and I hope more) and learned Haki
-he fought very strong beasts during 2 years, so improoved his strenght
-he has a fruit that allows him to strenghten a punch (it's his strenght + the stretching effect) and make it stronger than a "normal" punch
-before time skip a lot of people during the Marineford Arc praised him, his strenght and the threat he could be in the future

So. When he leaves Rayleight, him tells "Straight head to the top". Well, Luffy is reallllly strong.
Let's say at the end of the manga, he will be at 100%.
In the beginning he was 0%. I'd say at Marineford he is 40%. And now he is 80. I strongly believe that the training is an important Key in the history.

I think everybody remembers Luffy saying "What's wrong with me. I couldn't even save a single nakama" ( http://www.mangareader.net/103-2620-17/one-piece/chapter-513.html ) and the pain following when he realizes he wasn't strong enough for the NW. He heard about that and saw the strenght of the Admirals, a Yonkou, the Shishibukai, etc.
And now he's quite relaxed and chill. He knows he is now strong enough to face the powers of the world.
Yes, he stills have to master Haki at a Vergo-like level.
But Luffy IS the man who will be the strongest. Cause he has to. And where is the point of writting the story if he doesn't makes it????
Maybe some of the Yonkous are stronger than him. But certainly not DD. Luffy may be hurt by his strings, but in terms of pure power, stamina, speed, Luffy is above him. The problem with DD may be Haki. But... http://www.mangareader.net/103-2627-7/one-piece/chapter-520.html and the next page. It shows us that pure strenght can be usefull against Haki (not too strong haki imo). But know Luffy has Haki. His punches are the next Pirate King's punches. STRRRRONG ONES :P
I think that we will see Luffy bleed and have bad times in Arcs like Kaidou, BB, and the lasts.

IMO (today) : Shanks > Akainu/Kuzan > rest of Emperors / Admirals / Mihawk / Dragon = or > Luffy/DD/Kuma > Zoro/the Supernovas...
Luffy is close to the top, but he still have to master Haki and get some new technics (as Red Hawk gatling :D).
Zoro is here because... well it's Zoro. He know can can anything he wants since he can use Haki. I think that's not for nothing that Oda made the Chapter "Wild Beast" and all that's in it. Zoro is just below the captain, as it has always been.

BTW this is only my point of view. I don't think I'm overestimating Luffy, since he is now in the NW and got a special train.
And i think in the nexts few months we will know the Mugi's strenght, especially Luffy's : he's got to win over half of DD crew, BB's second and other strong people.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
its hard to say right now, but if i had to guess
maybe the yonko especially black beard

and thats probably it

mihawk would be a bad matchup for luffy, but i think he could take the rest of the schibukai
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,328
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think any of the rookies will turn out to be stronger than luffy. IMO what would make the most sense is that they are at most equal with luffy. It didn't seem like any of them was actuallys stronger than luffy 2 years and if luffy spent 2 years solely training and doing nothing else with the help of Rayleigh it makes sense he would have grown stronger than the rest. Even if luffy is even with the other supernova it would still make more sense for him to at least be superior in terms of haki considering the training.

As far as the shichibukai go, I would think luffy is not so hot against them. IMO he would still be inferior to hancock, mihawk and doflamingo. With kuma I would argue luffy is even or weaker. One way or another things lean towards kuma. Buggy is obviously not an issue here. Luffy would be roughly even with jinbe. He would of course be superior to crocodile nowadays although being hit by his dehydrating blades would be just as dangerous as it was 2 years ago (although it is possible crocodile got stronger). Moria would definitely be weaker. BB would definitely be stronger, specially considering he should have mastered the quake fruit by now and he could have grown stronger himself. The sixth one is anyone's guess so far.

Luffy is definitely inferior to any of the previous generation of admirals. Dunno about the new ones though.

As far as the VAs go, I would think it depends on each case considering they are numerous. Luffy is at most even with the ones that were at the war IMO. The rest of them would give him trouble in a fight.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Who is Jack?



That's all we know just the name.
Though it may be someone involved with Dofla seeing as the whole Cards theme surrounds him.
 
Last edited:

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I don't think any of the rookies will turn out to be stronger than luffy. IMO what would make the most sense is that they are at most equal with luffy. It didn't seem like any of them was actuallys stronger than luffy 2 years and if luffy spent 2 years solely training and doing nothing else with the help of Rayleigh it makes sense he would have grown stronger than the rest. Even if luffy is even with the other supernova it would still make more sense for him to at least be superior in terms of haki considering the training.

As far as the shichibukai go, I would think luffy is not so hot against them. IMO he would still be inferior to hancock, mihawk and doflamingo. With kuma I would argue luffy is even or weaker. One way or another things lean towards kuma. Buggy is obviously not an issue here. Luffy would be roughly even with jinbe. He would of course be superior to crocodile nowadays although being hit by his dehydrating blades would be just as dangerous as it was 2 years ago (although it is possible crocodile got stronger). Moria would definitely be weaker. BB would definitely be stronger, specially considering he should have mastered the quake fruit by now and he could have grown stronger himself. The sixth one is anyone's guess so far.

Luffy is definitely inferior to any of the previous generation of admirals. Dunno about the new ones though.

As far as the VAs go, I would think it depends on each case considering they are numerous. Luffy is at most even with the ones that were at the war IMO. The rest of them would give him trouble in a fight.
Hancock? Really? She seems to be one of the weaker Shichibukai. I don't see how Luffy would be inferior to her gven that the only advantage she held over him was Haki.

Personally, I don't think there are any Vice Admirals capable of defeating Luffy, with a few exceptions such as Smoker and Vergo. Generally speaking, I agree that a few of them should be able to give him trouble, but he should be victorious in the end nonetheless. Otherwise, he's still far too weak to accomplish anything that he's set out to do.

It's interesting that there's both a Joker and a Jack. To me, these seem to be clear references to the Batman villain. When I heard the name Joker for the first time, I suspected that it was going to be Dofla because of his similarities to 'the' Joker (such as the enormous smile). Seeing as Jack is another alias for Joker, my guess is that Jack is Dofla's partner. It could be Kaido, but more likely, I think it's another subordinate of Kaido. Perhaps he's the middle-man between Dofla and Kaido.
 

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
Personally, I don't think there are any Vice Admirals capable of defeating Luffy, with a few exceptions such as Smoker and Vergo. Generally speaking, I agree that a few of them should be able to give him trouble, but he should be victorious in the end nonetheless. Otherwise, he's still far too weak to accomplish anything that he's set out to do.
I'm not saying that the VAs are superior to Luffy, but how can you argue that Smoker is capable of defeating Luffy while the other VAs can't. Smoker is one of the newer VAs, what reason is there to believe that he is superior to the others of his rank. I'd be more likely to believe that Smoker is one of the weaker VAs, particularly after his showing against Vergo. If Smoker is a match for Luffy, the odds are Luffy would be defeated by quite a few VAs.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hancock? Really? She seems to be one of the weaker Shichibukai. I don't see how Luffy would be inferior to her gven that the only advantage she held over him was Haki.
This isn't so right. Hancock was unscratched throughout the entire war. She got stuck in against Pirates and against Marines for Luffy but she dispatched of Pacifistas effortlessly 2 years ago. No reason to assume she was only strong from Haki. She is genuinely good fighter.
You're underrating her. She can't be so weak since she wouldn't be so highly regarded for her strength since she is known for both her combat ability and beauty.

Personally, I don't think there are any Vice Admirals capable of defeating Luffy, with a few exceptions such as Smoker and Vergo. Generally speaking, I agree that a few of them should be able to give him trouble, but he should be victorious in the end nonetheless. Otherwise, he's still far too weak to accomplish anything that he's set out to do.
This is rather off. Dalmatian and Momonga outclassed Luffy 2 years ago effortlessly when they bumped into him in the war.
Onigumo's efficiency with his Spider Fruit in catching Marco should be noted. How effortless it was for Onigumo to cuff Marco by the wrist is something
Don't underestimate the VA's. They're still the real deal.

Smoker only just got promoted so there is nothing to suggest he is the strongest of the VA's after he was shut down by Vergo, another VA.
Smoker > Luffy? I dunno about that. It was ArmorHaki that was holding Luffy back previously.

I think Luffy can fight VA's without his life being in sheer danger like back in Part I.
I can totally see Luffy winning against VA's at this moment. Zoro against some too.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,328
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Hancock? Really? She seems to be one of the weaker Shichibukai. I don't see how Luffy would be inferior to her gven that the only advantage she held over him was Haki.

Personally, I don't think there are any Vice Admirals capable of defeating Luffy, with a few exceptions such as Smoker and Vergo. Generally speaking, I agree that a few of them should be able to give him trouble, but he should be victorious in the end nonetheless. Otherwise, he's still far too weak to accomplish anything that he's set out to do.

It's interesting that there's both a Joker and a Jack. To me, these seem to be clear references to the Batman villain. When I heard the name Joker for the first time, I suspected that it was going to be Dofla because of his similarities to 'the' Joker (such as the enormous smile). Seeing as Jack is another alias for Joker, my guess is that Jack is Dofla's partner. It could be Kaido, but more likely, I think it's another subordinate of Kaido. Perhaps he's the middle-man between Dofla and Kaido.
Well, sengoku was damn grateful hancock actually joined the war and acknowledged her strength. I don't think we have any reason to consider her weak even among the shichibukai.... She is a proficient haki user with the conqueror's haki and has a versatile fruit which even seems to sexually arouse people regardless of gender.... She is basically the non plus ultra of femme fatales... most feme fatales kill you with weapons or martial arts, hancock can defeat you via being sexy.

Well, it does seem like luffy is still to weak to become PK overall. The manga would actually be boring if luffy already had that kind of strength. Just being capable of fighting admirals is already enough to scare even the likes of doflamingo(who didn't want to fight kuzan), I doubt luffy has that sort of strength just yet. Even now his attempt at taking on a yonko is a combined venture between his and law's crew and they likely will have trouble even with doflamingo. I also doubt smoker or even vergo are among the stronger VAs for that matter. Smoker was basically worthless 2 years ago and even then he was capable of holding his ground against vergo who was supposedly already a proficient haki user years ago. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing those two would be the most the VAs have to offer, specially if we consider any potential admiral would normally be selected from among the VAs....
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Well, sengoku was damn grateful hancock actually joined the war and acknowledged her strength. I don't think we have any reason to consider her weak even among the shichibukai.... She is a proficient haki user with the conqueror's haki and has a versatile fruit which even seems to sexually arouse people regardless of gender.... She is basically the non plus ultra of femme fatales... most feme fatales kill you with weapons or martial arts, hancock can defeat you via being sexy.

Well, it does seem like luffy is still to weak to become PK overall. The manga would actually be boring if luffy already had that kind of strength. Just being capable of fighting admirals is already enough to scare even the likes of doflamingo(who didn't want to fight kuzan), I doubt luffy has that sort of strength just yet. Even now his attempt at taking on a yonko is a combined venture between his and law's crew and they likely will have trouble even with doflamingo. I also doubt smoker or even vergo are among the stronger VAs for that matter. Smoker was basically worthless 2 years ago and even then he was capable of holding his ground against vergo who was supposedly already a proficient haki user years ago. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing those two would be the most the VAs have to offer, specially if we consider any potential admiral would normally be selected from among the VAs....
Vergo was G5 Commander and he pretty much defeated Smoker even if Smoker was aiming at giving Law his heart back he could have beaten Vergo and then give Law his heart. He wasnt capable of beating him sooo he changed his strategy and fallen in process. Vergo was pretty much above Smoker imo. He should be considered imo as one of top Vice Admirals even if we didnt saw some top dogs like Onigumo or Dobreman fighting anyone seriously in a fight as long as Vergo had.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with some of the people chosen to be equal to Luffy, but not Big Mam. Seriously underestimating what she could be capable of and for all we know, Oda could deem her as the second previous strongest Yonkou to Whitebeard.

Luffy has gotten stronger, but Oda has already shown that there are a lot of strong people in the New World.
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm not saying that the VAs are superior to Luffy, but how can you argue that Smoker is capable of defeating Luffy while the other VAs can't. Smoker is one of the newer VAs, what reason is there to believe that he is superior to the others of his rank. I'd be more likely to believe that Smoker is one of the weaker VAs, particularly after his showing against Vergo. If Smoker is a match for Luffy, the odds are Luffy would be defeated by quite a few VAs.
This isn't so right. Hancock was unscratched throughout the entire war. She got stuck in against Pirates and against Marines for Luffy but she dispatched of Pacifistas effortlessly 2 years ago. No reason to assume she was only strong from Haki. She is genuinely good fighter.
You're underrating her. She can't be so weak since she wouldn't be so highly regarded for her strength since she is known for both her combat ability and beauty.


This is rather off. Dalmatian and Momonga outclassed Luffy 2 years ago effortlessly when they bumped into him in the war.
Onigumo's efficiency with his Spider Fruit in catching Marco should be noted. How effortless it was for Onigumo to cuff Marco by the wrist is something
Don't underestimate the VA's. They're still the real deal.

Smoker only just got promoted so there is nothing to suggest he is the strongest of the VA's after he was shut down by Vergo, another VA.
Smoker > Luffy? I dunno about that. It was ArmorHaki that was holding Luffy back previously.

I think Luffy can fight VA's without his life being in sheer danger like back in Part I.
I can totally see Luffy winning against VA's at this moment. Zoro against some too.
Both of you misunderstood me. I do not think Smoker (or Vergo) would definitely defeat Luffy. In a one-on-one, I am sure Luffy would be victorious. What I meant was that depending on the conditions of the fight, they have the potential to give him a hard time and be victorious in the end. If there were another scenario a lá Marineford where Luffy fights one opponent after the next, I could see him having a lot of trouble getting past someone like Smoker and Vergo. Other VAs like Momonga and Dalmatian are of course included in the exceptions.

In contrast, there are some characters like Coby (pre-timeskip) etc. that the current Luffy would defeat in his sleep. Even amongst the VA, there are some I just can't see Luffy struggling against. Most of the giants would fall into that category. One Red Hawk would probably be enough to defeat the majority of them since it seems like their size plays an enormous role behind their appointment as VA. They did not seem too impressive during the Marineford Battle.

To be honest, I could see Zoro giving the VAs more trouble than Luffy. At the moment, it seems like Zoro is ridiculously strong, perhaps even stronger than Luffy. He has practically stomped each and every one of his opponents, including Hody (under water as well).

As for Hancock, I was not implying that she was weak. What I said was that I do not believe her to be stronger than Luffy. Luffy is clearly immune to her DF and the only advantage she held over him, as I said, was that she could use Haki whereas he could not. Now that he has gained that ability too, I do not see how Hancock would be able to defeat Luffy. Compared to others, she is still a very strong character, of course. I wouldn't be suprised if she were to defeat the likes of Moria and Crocodile, for example.

Of course Sengoku would be happy to have her join their side. She is undoubtedly a strong fighter and having another Shichibukai is a great pscyhological boost. Especially after Jinbei and Blackbeard defected, the WG & Marines would look bad if 3/7 Shichibukai wouldn't show up. The footsoldiers would probably lose morale as well (they rarely do anything useful, though).
 
Last edited:

David Rose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
96
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think it's also important to reconsider that every fight, we have been shown from the strawhats yet, was either a one-hit-win or at a clear disadvantage. Imagine Luffy's fight with Hody on an Island. Until he learned Armament Haki, Luffy was always at a disadvantage against blades. Imagine him fighting Mr. 1 and Zorro fighting Enel.
Oda always finds ways to give every strawhat their best match up when it comes to important fights, which kinda overthrows the power-balance in theory. When it comes to Luffy, he should be stronger than any Vice-Admiral and maybe even stronger than most Yonkou-officers atm. He will still be inferior to Admirals and Yonkou by himself. And it would be awfully boring it he weren't.

Luffy is far stronger than Zorro, if it would be possible to measure their power on a scale. Otherwise Zorro would be the Captain. To me it's that simple. And Zorro being overpowered? Please show me a fight with an equal opponent. :P

I'm not a fan of discussions if Luffy would be stronger than Hancock, since they won't fight in the manga. It's clearly not intended and therefore could be kinda ignored.
 
Top