Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not an attack, i just didnt sleep and eat as much, combine that with the stress of having final exams where you need to get good grades. I guess this resulted on having this sort of physical thing that Naomidee mentionned during the time i was this stressed.

It disappeared a few days after i was done with my finals. And this is the first time, this has happened to me so i was a bit shocked.
Yeah, dread. Not the same thing, more prolonged and in some ways worse.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that today I felt so down and I have no idea why. I spent my whole afternoon at work looking at the computer screen waiting for my time to go home. And there's this willingness to just crawl to a hole be gone for a while.
And I have no idea why I'm feeling like this, I even cancelled a date that I had with this nice girl that I'm seeing ...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Oh my god you guys. Shit shit shit. Shiiiiiit. Holy shit.

I made a B in differential equations and linear algebra (insane, considering I made a 48 on the first exam, and there were only three!) and I also made a B in Instrumental Analysis/lab...! I thought I only made Cs (at best) for sure.

Ermergeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd.

I feel light headed.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Congrats! Knew you'd do well!
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Oh my god you guys. Shit shit shit. Shiiiiiit. Holy shit.

I made a B in differential equations and linear algebra (insane, considering I made a 48 on the first exam, and there were only three!) and I also made a B in Instrumental Analysis/lab...! I thought I only made Cs (at best) for sure.

Ermergeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd.

I feel light headed.
:hi5

I confess I got an A+ in phonology and phonetics. I feel great about it too.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Congrats! Knew you'd do well!
Your knowledge may have been misplaced or mislead, but I can't pretend that I'm not thankful. n_n <3

:hi5

I confess I got an A+ in phonology and phonetics. I feel great about it too.
As you should. I'm not even sure what phonetics is!
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think it was misplaced or misled. you certainly proved it wasn't. :)


more faith, Naomichi, more faith!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess I think I can give you some drama of sorts as soon as I have a little bit of free time.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I fap to my neighbor. She's such a hot MILF.


That good, nii-tan?
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I fap to my neighbor. She's such a hot MILF.


That good, nii-tan?
Not really. That just sounds so... you. :mono

I confess I've had a week of drama.

I got my first ever C+ in college for upper div mechanics. The prof is a newb and absolutely impossible to meet with outside of class. I'm pretty sure everyone was in the same boat. Still... my pride has been officially kicked in the nuts. I thought I did so well on the final.

I got an A for my upper div math though! That's the course that will be the most rewarding for my research. I had a great time doing all the proofs and will be using it for a paper this summer.

My parents are driving me insane. They have been getting more difficult to deal with, with one sniping the other a lot. And they both have major depression with health troubles too. It's just frustrating to mediate. I would not have this problem if they were hired. Unfortunately, they are not hired - not because of depression, but because they are too old and experienced. Sometimes I wish Silicon Valley and all it's pyrite would burn.

But it looks like I will have a productive summer with two research internships and preparation for my research class in Tahiti!

I just hope I survive till then.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
He wanted an exciting confession, I gave it to him. :hmph

Don't see why your pride should be kicked in the nuts when you did well despite getting little to no help and got an A in another class. But good luck with the internships! :thumbs
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Today at work some psycho lady started to yell at me, her irate (and completely irrational) complaints decorated with multiple cuss words.
I even said the words "there is no need for that kind of language" to this lady. Even though I've had several angry customer say fuck. shit, ass, bitch or whatever to me, I've only ONCE felt the need to address their language before this. This lady was laying in to me and I have no idea what her brain damage was.

Finally, another customer standing a few feet away said, "excuse me, but you are seriously offending me with the way you're talking. This is going too far, this employee has done nothing to deserve that". After psycho lady left, the customer turned to me and said, "you handled that so well. You were so polite and I appreciate you addressing her language. That was horrible."

I looked at her, still red in the face from that crazy woman and thanked her for sticking up for me. No customer has ever done that before.

My confidence in humanity has been restored. If you guys ever see a situation like that, please say something. I felt really freaked out and bullied and it meant everything to have someone else step in and tell that lady she was over the line.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I just read this. I had not read anything else about the movie before this. I now wouldn't pay shit to watch that movie. Fuck you JJ Abrams.

My mom was able to come up with a story a billion times more coherent and fun than that.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
That is silly. You shouldnt go judging stuff based on what the internet tells you so easily. Go watch it and then come to your own conclusion about it. But then again you already spoilt most of the film for yourself so it doesnt really matter...

I got a halfway through that before I got tired of it. I feel the need to defend the film because it is not as bad as he is making it out to be. Some of his criticism has merits (e.g. cold fusion, lying about khan) but he would have answered a lot of his own criticisms if he watched the film a bit more carefully and used his little grey cells (They did explain a lot of the stuff he is moaning about) or didnt tell outright lies (old spock didnt tell new spock how to win). It's not the best film in the world, and not as good as the first new one imo, but some trekkies have serious pokers up their arse. There is a reason why most reviewers liked it and it really does have a more coherent plot then it is being made out.

Btw, directors dont write plots, they direct films. The writing for both of the new star trek films had comparatively little to do with Abrams. So you shouldnt really blame him for the plots. It's not like star wars were one man did it all. I think his directing of it was at his usual level of class.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Judging a movie based on what you see or hear from others without watching it is bad, whether it's spoiler or not. There's more fun to be had experiencing the movie regardless, but I'm probably different in that regards.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Judging a movie based on what you see or hear from others without watching it is bad, whether it's spoiler or not. There's more fun to be had experiencing the movie regardless, but I'm probably different in that regards.
Star Trek (2009) sucked too. Not all the award-winning FX could distract me from how the writing took a shit on the original concept.

That is silly. You shouldnt go judging stuff based on what the internet tells you so easily. Go watch it and then come to your own conclusion about it. But then again you already spoilt most of the film for yourself so it doesnt really matter...
Star Trek (2009) was already so bad, why should I waste money on such a film again?

but some trekkies have serious pokers up their arse. There is a reason why most reviewers liked it and it really does have a more coherent plot then it is being made out.
Actually, it's as simple as how Kirk was never this childish and stupid. Spock was never this angry and ridiculous. Uhura was never so oversexed.

McCoy and Scotty I could tolerate. But the other characters? Nope.

Also - none of them should be on the bridge at the same time in the first place. Total misunderstanding of enlistment and deployment. Star Trek had all the trappings of a military show, but substituted a diplomatic mission for a combat mission.

Btw, directors dont write plots, they direct films. The writing for both of the new star trek films had comparatively little to do with Abrams. So you shouldnt really blame him for the plots. It's not like star wars were one man did it all. I think his directing of it was at his usual level of class.
He is the overseer. He gave the go for a poor plot.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Star Trek (2009) sucked too. Not all the award-winning FX could distract me from how the writing took a shit on the original concept.



Star Trek (2009) was already so bad, why should I waste money on such a film again?



Actually, it's as simple as how Kirk was never this childish and stupid. Spock was never this angry and ridiculous. Uhura was never so oversexed.

McCoy and Scotty I could tolerate. But the other characters? Nope.

Also - none of them should be on the bridge at the same time in the first place. Total misunderstanding of enlistment and deployment. Star Trek had all the trappings of a military show, but substituted a diplomatic mission for a combat mission.



He is the overseer. He gave the go for a poor plot.
It was more of an observation that you shouldnt prejudge things based upon single internet sources. I liked the first one though.

The remake of star trek was not meant to be exactly like the ones before it, hence the constant focus on it being a alternate world, an alternate storyline. It is meant to be different. It's sometimes important to watch remakes with an open mind. You do not focus negatively on the changes as much. That negativity can cloud your whole perception of the film. The experience, I find, is ultimately less rewarding than going in with an open mind.

The writing has holes, which is not surprising, it's a blockbuster popcorn flick. It's not like TNG's "The Inner Light" episode but its not atrocious either. It's not meant to be a space drama but a modern action film, it's unfair to judge it's writing by different standards. But I suppose that is the problem, people dont like the fact that it is an action film now and are unwilling to suspend disbelief for two hours of decent entertainment.

You overestimate his ability to veto what the studios want. He already has signed a contract to direct the sequels. The blame for the plot can (and should) be put to the feet of lindelof more than abrams. Lindelof has quite the un-midas touch.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You overestimate his ability to veto what the studios want. He already has signed a contract to direct the sequels. The blame for the plot can (and should) be put to the feet of lindelof more than abrams. Lindelof has quite the un-midas touch.
...those are fighting words :arf
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top