Discussion Who is stronger than Luffy?

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I think it's also important to reconsider that every fight, we have been shown from the strawhats yet, was either a one-hit-win or at a clear disadvantage. Imagine Luffy's fight with Hody on an Island. Until he learned Armament Haki, Luffy was always at a disadvantage against blades. Imagine him fighting Mr. 1 and Zorro fighting Enel.
Oda always finds ways to give every strawhat their best match up when it comes to important fights, which kinda overthrows the power-balance in theory. When it comes to Luffy, he should be stronger than any Vice-Admiral and maybe even stronger than most Yonkou-officers atm. He will still be inferior to Admirals and Yonkou by himself. And it would be awfully boring it he weren't.

Luffy is far stronger than Zorro, if it would be possible to measure their power on a scale. Otherwise Zorro would be the Captain. To me it's that simple. And Zorro being overpowered? Please show me a fight with an equal opponent. :P

I'm not a fan of discussions if Luffy would be stronger than Hancock, since they won't fight in the manga. It's clearly not intended and therefore could be kinda ignored.
I never used the term overpowered so I'm not entirely sure what it is you are asking me [about Zoro]. But in any case, Luffy isn't far stronger than Zoro. From the beginning, Oda has made them somewhat equal and it's hard to see which one of them is stronger. And I can't show you a fight with an equal opponent because there hasn't been any. That was my point. Zoro has defeated everyone with ease.
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I never used the term overpowered so I'm not entirely sure what it is you are asking me [about Zoro]. But in any case, Luffy isn't far stronger than Zoro. From the beginning, Oda has made them somewhat equal and it's hard to see which one of them is stronger. And I can't show you a fight with an equal opponent because there hasn't been any. That was my point. Zoro has defeated everyone with ease.
Since when Zoro was defeating his opponents with ease? Mr1? Kaku? Ryuma?
As for posts comparing Zoro and Luffy- strongest guy is capitan, simple as that. There is small margin between them, same with Zoro-Sanji. Its wasting time going into discussion who is stronger. For example in Punk Hazard arc Zoro gotten far weaker enemy than pretty beaten up Sanji, you cant explain that. Vergo was most probably lot stronger than Cesar.
Its not thread about monster trio combat power but about who is stronger than Luffy and Zoro is not. Thats all that there is.. and they are not equall.
After Dressrosa arc we will have better insides into strength of Luffy(and other Strawhats).
 

David Rose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
96
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's really the whole point. Zorro hasn't had any serious opponents and Luffy too. But he had more struggles since CC was still far stronger than Monet was, plus he never did Luffy the favor of confronting him directly from 100 to 0. He was always either running, or catching everybody off guard and thus escaping.

Maybe the fight with Don Chinjao will bring more information on this whole matter. I still want an explaination for the Red Hawk and how strong is really is as an attack, compared to his Elephant Gun.
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Since when Zoro was defeating his opponents with ease? Mr1? Kaku? Ryuma?
As for posts comparing Zoro and Luffy- strongest guy is capitan, simple as that. There is small margin between them, same with Zoro-Sanji. Its wasting time going into discussion who is stronger. For example in Punk Hazard arc Zoro gotten far weaker enemy than pretty beaten up Sanji, you cant explain that. Vergo was most probably lot stronger than Cesar.
Its not thread about monster trio combat power but about who is stronger than Luffy and Zoro is not. Thats all that there is.. and they are not equall.
After Dressrosa arc we will have better insides into strength of Luffy(and other Strawhats).
I am talking about Zoro post-timeskip. Hody, Monet, Octopus-swordsman have all been fodder compared to him.

I guess it also depends quite a bit on the match-ups. I think Zoro would have defeated Vergo with ease since he uses swords.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Although this would steer away from the subject a little how do you think Lucci would fare against VAs?
His douriki was said to be unheard of and he was very fast and powerful so it does make me think assuming Luffy would right now pretty much kick his ass I don't think at least any VA can pose a serious threat to him aside for the ones closer to being Admiral.
I believe we will have more information once we can more or less know where Vergo stood in the power of VAs.
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Although this would steer away from the subject a little how do you think Lucci would fare against VAs?
His douriki was said to be unheard of and he was very fast and powerful so it does make me think assuming Luffy would right now pretty much kick his ass I don't think at least any VA can pose a serious threat to him aside for the ones closer to being Admiral.
I believe we will have more information once we can more or less know where Vergo stood in the power of VAs.
Nah. Lucci is nothing comapred to any VA, at least not any known. The fact that they all use Haki pretty much puts them above him.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Although this would steer away from the subject a little how do you think Lucci would fare against VAs?
His douriki was said to be unheard of and he was very fast and powerful so it does make me think assuming Luffy would right now pretty much kick his ass I don't think at least any VA can pose a serious threat to him aside for the ones closer to being Admiral.
I believe we will have more information once we can more or less know where Vergo stood in the power of VAs.
Hey... Don't go there with this man... I did this and it kicked up a shitstorm in another thread fairly recently.
There are tons of Lucci believers on here who think his post time-skip self is a complete beast even to this day and that Lucci could beat VA's... ... ...

I would like to re-iterate that Luffy is at a level where he can win against VA's where people forget in his post timeskip self, Luffy would have comfortably lost to pretty much every VA?
 

alisdfd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
629
Reaction score
56
Gender
Male
Country
England
post time skip luffy can face VAs and possibly win against them
 

Ninja_Pirate

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,152
Reaction score
463
Gender
Male
Country
India
One thing I really really like in one piece.. the power levels are not absurd …. There is no power house in one piece who can’t be taken down (proved by the fall of WB) … There is no fight which goes one way until its main character vs fodder…..

When luffy has beaten Don krieg with such a big fleet.. that feat alone didn’t make the fight at arlong park any less interesting …. When luffy has beaten Crocodile oda has put that fight so beautifully that even today we recognise croc as a force to reckon … If luffy won against Enel or CP9 or Moriah … still we readers are not sure if he can win against any other shichibukai … I still think Enel and Croc as enemies u would not like to cross paths with ….

Luffy can be pushed to limits and Enemy could be driven by emotions at the end which might result in luffy’s victory … like Moriah .. And that enemy could be a yonkou …. So even if luffy beats a yonkou or Dofla… We will still be arguing that is luffy par with an admiral or not :p …

So I really love how power levels are put up in one piece by Oda… :)

And also I believe that there is no one left in one piece world who luffy cant hold off physically and come out alive... including each and everyone ...
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I am talking about Zoro post-timeskip. Hody, Monet, Octopus-swordsman have all been fodder compared to him.

I guess it also depends quite a bit on the match-ups. I think Zoro would have defeated Vergo with ease since he uses swords.
Oh ok I thought that you were talking about whole One Piece- I didnt understood as I should.

When it comes to Vergo I do think that both Sanji and Zoro could defeat him with going all out. Vergos bamboo when imbued with CoA was no joke, I do think that Zoros attacks beside Ashura might not have cut it. Vergo was really tough cookie, I still kind of wait for his comeback as I think he might have been Devil Fruit user- metal paramecia- and way he was taken out, no flashback of what he has done to Law kind of points that there will be more to him that we have seen till now.
 

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
post time skip luffy can face VAs and possibly win against them
Let me remind you that Zoro defeated a VA pretimeskip (I know it was just just one slash but that saved their asses while they were trying to reach EL ) Luffy can defeat a VA now IMO
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
Let me remind you that Zoro defeated a VA pretimeskip (I know it was just just one slash but that saved their asses while they were trying to reach EL ) Luffy can defeat a VA now IMO
Who's that VA ? I don't remember that scene...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Before ennies lobby... I don't think zoro ever fought a VA. he fought tbone if I recall but he only a captain and overall fodder.
 

ish3

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
143
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it
Who's that VA ? I don't remember that scene...
hes referring to marine captain ship cutting t bone.....whos not a vice admiral.

eww im mad kkck was first damn phone been trying to post for twenty minutes but yea pre time skip no one defeated a va in thw mugiwaras crew.
 

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Oh I don't know why I had the idea he was a VA :oh .... My bad :p
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh I don't know why I had the idea he was a VA :oh .... My bad :p
Its because he was seriously hyped up. All the lesser petty officers (that's actually their rank lol) were hyping him up as he stepped up to take on Zoro who just... Well... wrecked him...

At EL in the story, the entire crew were strong enough to dispatch of a Marine Captain individually. With many of them taking out various Captains lol.
The average Captain level was already fodder in the eyes of the SH's too.
Although if Coby learns to use his Soru more efficiently he could be stronger than the average one.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
For what we have seen, a lot of VA are only around pre-timeskip supernova level. A current luffy , sanji or zoro would simply trash most of them. If Bartolomeo can do it, no reason for our monster trio not to do it.
 

alisdfd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
629
Reaction score
56
Gender
Male
Country
England
Let me remind you that Zoro defeated a VA pretimeskip (I know it was just just one slash but that saved their asses while they were trying to reach EL ) Luffy can defeat a VA now IMO
thank you for the reply but not being rude please help me to find the chapter where zoro defeated a VA

I think you are talking about T-BONE - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/T-Bone he is a captain not a VA if I am wrong correct me

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

For what we have seen, a lot of VA are only around pre-timeskip supernova level. A current luffy , sanji or zoro would simply trash most of them. If Bartolomeo can do it, no reason for our monster trio not to do it.
bart boy's df works in his favour thus he could have won due to maynard's impatience to find out the weak spot


I think they will be able to defeat VA but only lower class ones not the ones that are being trained as law already said the marines have been preparing. in my mind those who are part of the preparation are able to give luffy a hard time
 

Azuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
743
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
thank you for the reply but not being rude please help me to find the chapter where zoro defeated a VA

I think you are talking about T-BONE - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/T-Bone he is a captain not a VA if I am wrong correct me
If you had bothered to actually read the posts here, you would've noticed that she was shown to be wrong and acknowledged that. You pointing it out again is somewhat unnecessary.
 
Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
For what we have seen, a lot of VA are only around pre-timeskip supernova level. A current luffy , sanji or zoro would simply trash most of them. If Bartolomeo can do it, no reason for our monster trio not to do it.
Pre-timeskip Supernova level? Where the hell did that come from?
Dalmatian and Momonga just bumped into Luffy in the war and outclassed him effortlessly and continued dispatching of pirates.

I agree Monster Trio can all beat Vice-Admirals, but trash them? That's a bit too far.
 
Top