Not sure if you think Chris Nolan directed Man of Steel or not, babs, but in case there's confusion he's only a producer/script writer. I haven't seen it yet so I can't judge, but the movie can have a fantastic set of producers and an amazing script, but if the director doesn't bring the goods it can turn out crap regardless. If Man of Steel is worse than expected it's not Nolan's fault necessarily. He's without a doubt an amazing screenplay writer, producer and director.
---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------
At another note, I watched the newest Die Hard movie recently. Worst movie I've seen in a long, long time. Way to kill the series. Everything was terrible in the movie, including Bruce Willis' acting which was beyond awful. John turned into a side-kick for his son. It was A Good Day to Die Hard for the series indeed. May we not see another.