One Piece Manga/Anime - Questions and Answers

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
When did this get known the first time? I remember it was in a chapter previous to 703, but I can't remember which chapter, so maybe I'm wrong.
If i remember correctly, it was answered in one of the SBS by Oda. I think the question was regarding one of the one shots of Romance Dawn in which it is mentioned that a DF regrows every 50 years but that one shot has no connection to One Piece.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
If i remember correctly, it was answered in one of the SBS by Oda. I think the question was regarding one of the one shots of Romance Dawn in which it is mentioned that a DF regrows every 50 years but that one shot has no connection to One Piece.
Thanks! Do you have a reference?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Romance Down (Volume 1 / Chapters 1 - 7) doesn't have a SBS. :gwah

But the 50 years datum seems familiar...
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Thanks! Do you have a reference?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Romance Down (Volume 1 / Chapters 1 - 7) doesn't have a SBS. :gwah

But the 50 years datum seems familiar...
Not Romance Dawn SBS, one SBS among the 69 volumes.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
http://onepiece.wikia.com said:
Early One Piece
In the original two pilots of One Piece, Luffy's Devil Fruit power, the Gomu Gomu no Mi, was the power of the Gomu Gomu tree that grew once every 50 years and there were no signs that other such powers existed.[25]
↑ Romance Dawn V.1 and Romance Dawn V.2
Dunno if they are righton that, but even if someone named a duration for the regrowth in the series, it might have been an guess or erstimate.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Dunno if they are righton that, but even if someone named a duration for the regrowth in the series, it might have been an guess or erstimate.
You should read the one shots. Garp is actually a pirate who is wearing a strawhat.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
We already knew that after the death of the previous possessor a devil fruit reappears somewhere in the world.
Well, my question was about the fact that the fruit appears somewhere; and the topic doesn't appear in those one shots. I suppose that if it was not cannon last week, now it is!
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, my question was about the fact that the fruit appears somewhere; and the topic doesn't appear in those one shots. I suppose that if it was not cannon last week, now it is!
This is pretty much what Oda said and i remembered

D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu no Mi was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME". How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If I remember when smiley died his salamander fruit model axolotl reapeared in a bag full of apples that the small drag.o.n should've eaten before he started running....
An apple transformed in a devil fruit....

I imagine that since Buggy's DF has a pineapple shape, when he dies his fruit will take place of the nearest pineapple.... And that is how that DF book works...
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
This is pretty much what Oda said and i remembered

D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu no Mi was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME". How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.
I haven't explained myself well, (sorry). Once the users is dead, a smiley reappear in the nearest fruit to the place of the death. Chapter 703, seems to imply that, in the case of authentic DF, it has not to be the nearest fruit, but simple somewhere. And I remember that information was said in some previous chapter or SBS or.... But maybe I'm wrong. Then, my question is if that -the fact about the location where the fruit reappears- was said somewhere before than chapter 703.
 
Last edited:

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I haven't explained myself well, (sorry). Once the users is dead, a smiley reappear in the nearest fruit to the place of the death. Chapter 703, seems to imply that, in the case of authentic DF, it has not to be the nearest fruit, but simple somewhere. And I remember that information was said in some previous chapter or SBS or.... But maybe I'm wrong. Then, my question is if that -the fact about the location where the fruit reappears- was said somewhere before than chapter 703.
Smiley had an authentic DF not a smile.... there were not circles but spiral paterns.... maybe the fruit reincarnated in the apple near just to show the readers what happens when the DF user dies, but that may not be always the case.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
In which chapter and anime episode do the Straw Hat Pirates reach for the second time the Red Line and Luffy states that next time they will see it he will be Pirate King ?
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
In which chapter and anime episode do the Straw Hat Pirates reach for the second time the Red Line and Luffy states that next time they will see it he will be Pirate King ?
Chapter 490 in the manga and Episode 381, 385 and 386 in the anime (filler in between).
Correction, all three episodes are apdations of chapter 490 but only 385 and 386 features the Red Line.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I'm a nebwie fan of OP. I'm now up to date with the manga but not with the anime, in fact, I only watch my favourite parts of the manga. Could someone tell me in which chapter we can see the young Doflamingo (this wasn't shown in the manga)? And if I remember well, it was during a flashback of Gold D. Roger's execution.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm a nebwie fan of OP. I'm now up to date with the manga but not with the anime, in fact, I only watch my favourite parts of the manga. Could someone tell me in which chapter we can see the young Doflamingo (this wasn't shown in the manga)? And if I remember well, it was during a flashback of Gold D. Roger's execution.
Yes, that was a special chapter to give background information for the movie Strong World. The chapter is called chapter 0, just as the episode is called episode 0.
You can find the chapter here and the episode here.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
is bellamy from dressrosa? or did he just look up on dd since he was a kid in a different country? is it stated somewhere in the manga where he is from?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't believe he's from Dressrosa himself. Doflamingo is/was a world-famous pirate with business around the world[slaves and weapons], so he could made contact somewhere else.

Thanks goldb.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Bellamy is from North Blue. From wikia:

Originating from North Blue, Bellamy and Sarkies read the fairy tale, King of Liars, Noland. They eventually found their crew, earned their respective bounties and journeyed to the Grand Line.
Let me find the exact chapter for that...

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Here.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
oh thank you, so that explains why he was so weak :derp. I mean, in this arc he is way too hyped, but truth is he is just a newbie there.

---------- Post added September 30, 2013 at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was September 07, 2013 at 10:58 AM ----------

Guys, I kinda remember that in the jaya arc they said noland had reached an island of dwarves (tontatta kingdom), I'm searching throughout the tankobon,but I can't find it. was it a mistake,or was it already mentioned back then? if it was,in which chapter?
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nah, dwarves weren't mentioned in the Jaya/Skypiea arc.
 
Top