Question Who's going to make it? (WARNING: SPOILERS)

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So I've been thinking about this for a while, but who do you think is going to make it through to the end? Who's raising death flags?

I think our four mains are safe, obviously. If any of them kick the bucket, I'm speculating it's Kurapika, but I don't think that's very likely. Gon and Killua have so much plot armor it's not funny, even for HxH. And Leorio doesn't get involved enough to get killed (and I'd probably cry if that happened).

The Genei Ryodan are more iffy for me. I'm not sure who's going to make it out of the bunch. We've seen a couple deaths already, and there are the prophecies to consider. Not sure if those have been altered in some way, but I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of them end up dying. I think Togashi also alluded to this. If any of them were to make it, my money is on Kalluto, Shalnark, and maybe Shizuku.

Zoldycks--I can see Illumi and Zeno getting killed off at some point. The others are pretty safe. I actually can't see Alluka dying, but I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

What about the Zodiacs? Not sure about these guys.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think that Ging will actually die VERY soon.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
I can see Ging and Zeno dying. Not Illumi though, can't imagine him dying. I can especially see Alluka dying. Her power is too broken for her to stay in the story.
 

Django

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
56
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
France
Honestly, I'm not sure Togashi would hesitate to kill off some or even all the main characters if he feels it's necessary for his story. The most likely to die would be Kurapika, unless he decides to give up his revenge. Leorio, however, seems pretty safe to me, I really don't see him dying even if he gets involved more, since he's the best out of the four in terms of morality. Though Togashi might surprise me and decide to kill him precisely for this reason.
Actually, I think all characters are fair game for Togashi, there isn't anyone that makes me think "Oh yeah, he's definitely not dying". Some are more likely that others however. I'm pretty sure Ging will die at some point. Illumi seems also pretty likely to me. Hisoka...well, it's Hisoka. If he dies, it will be at the very end. I think the Troupe will lose some more members, maybe even Chrollo, but I don't see all of them snuffing it.
 

GalekC

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Messages
164
Reaction score
49
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I heard that Togashi really wanted to kill off some of the YYH mains, and the jump publishers wouldn't allow that at the time.
He's gotten away with so much in HxH that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mains actually do die.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I heard that Togashi really wanted to kill off some of the YYH mains, and the jump publishers wouldn't allow that at the time.
He's gotten away with so much in HxH that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mains actually do die.
Kuwabara was meant to die for real to Toguro.
 

duerlin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
107
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Leorio deserves an heroic death and Kurapika deserves to die before completing his revenge(but after killing some Genei Ryodan's). Gon and Killua are immortal. At least one Zoaldiak may reach his end in a fight he couldnt avoid and Killua will definately fight Illumi at some point, he will won but probably wont finish him.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For some reason I thought this was going to be a Breaking Bad topic...

And on topic, it's hard to say. I can see the entire Ryodan dying by the end, but anyone else I can't really say for sure.
 

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Have any of you read vol. 0 of HUNTERXHUNTER (that volume which contained Kurapika's past and some Q&A by Togashi). It actually states WHO WILL DIE in the manga.

Q4: What will become of Kurapika and the Ryodan/Spiders?
A (by Togashi): They will all die

 
Last edited:

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Togashi is a troll. Not even he would seriously spoil the ending of a main subplot in his manga. At least I hope he wouldn't...

Then again, if Togahsi apparently isn't going to actually draw said ending, I guess there wouldn't be much to lose by spoiling it for everyone. "There! You guys all know how it's going to end. Now will you stop pestering me about new chapters? I'm trying to play Dragon Quest over here!" :hip
 
Last edited:

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
126
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Togashi is a troll. Not even he would seriously spoil the ending of a main subplot in his manga. At least I hope he wouldn't...

Then again, if Togahsi apparently isn't going to actually draw said ending, I guess there wouldn't be much to lose by spoiling it for everyone. "There! You guys all know how it's going to end. Now will you stop pestering me about new chapters? I'm trying to play Dragon Quest over here!" :hip
Yep I don't think he'll write it so that's why he could put the spoiler there.
Togashi is more focused in the next stories about aliens and piramids :s ...
 
Top