Discussion Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi


  • Total voters
    54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I seriously doubt it. Of course Oda can go this way, but I think that someone will eat Mera Mera no mi pretty soon. Maybe in the end of the Arc or a bit later.
And about Burguess... I don't think he is a real threat to Luffy, especially if he hasn't anyone to back him. Luffy is just too strong for him.

The thing that most of the people forget. What if it's not Ace's DF?;)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The thing is, Rebecca will still suck even with mera mera no mi. All it did was give Ace even more power - he was already an accomplished fighter on his own. Blackbeard even pointed how despite having a devil fruit, Ace could fight pretty well without being able to use mera mera no mi. Rebecca may become good with practice, but right now she won't be worth much to fights like Doflamingo and most other logia users.

If Rebecca was actually good at fighting, then I think there's a chance she'd get the fruit. But I don't think Luffy will get it, nor should Zoro or anyone else in the crew. Would take away their awesomeness IMO. I would not mind a new member joining wiht mera mera no mi consumed, however. I still think the Blackbeard crew will get it, to add more difficulty for the Straw Hats. Which in turn may foreshadow the amount of power they'll gain.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Well, if BB and his crew gain Mera Mera no mi they will become too powerful. We also know that they already managed to hunt tons of DF users in order to make a Yonkou level crew as fast as possible. They also got Ao Kiji join them somehow. I just don't know how many strong members Luffy must get in order for him to face BB and his crew and if they will also steal Ace's DF now, then Luffy's goal would become even harder.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The thing is, Rebecca will still suck even with mera mera no mi. All it did was give Ace even more power - he was already an accomplished fighter on his own. Blackbeard even pointed how despite having a devil fruit, Ace could fight pretty well without being able to use mera mera no mi. Rebecca may become good with practice, but right now she won't be worth much to fights like Doflamingo and most other logia users.

If Rebecca was actually good at fighting, then I think there's a chance she'd get the fruit. But I don't think Luffy will get it, nor should Zoro or anyone else in the crew. Would take away their awesomeness IMO. I would not mind a new member joining wiht mera mera no mi consumed, however. I still think the Blackbeard crew will get it, to add more difficulty for the Straw Hats. Which in turn may foreshadow the amount of power they'll gain.
We currently don't know how well Rebecca fights. That little spar with Luffy doesn't mean anything. Lots of people who are strong can't keep up with Luffy.

Well, if BB and his crew gain Mera Mera no mi they will become too powerful. We also know that they already managed to hunt tons of DF users in order to make a Yonkou level crew as fast as possible. They also got Ao Kiji join them somehow. I just don't know how many strong members Luffy must get in order for him to face BB and his crew and if they will also steal Ace's DF now, then Luffy's goal would become even harder.
I agree that the Blackbeards would be too powerful if they got that fruit and that it's power should go to the Straw Hats, preferably a new member.

Oh, and Blackbeard didn't recruit Kuzan. He was talking about recruiting him. Right now, I think Kuzan is with the revolutionaries.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, if BB and his crew gain Mera Mera no mi they will become too powerful. We also know that they already managed to hunt tons of DF users in order to make a Yonkou level crew as fast as possible. They also got Ao Kiji join them somehow. I just don't know how many strong members Luffy must get in order for him to face BB and his crew and if they will also steal Ace's DF now, then Luffy's goal would become even harder.
But it doesn't mean they can't be defeated. Mera mera no mi can be countered by fishman karate, no? Either way, if one of the pirates eat it other than Blackbeard, then that's not gonna make them unbeatable. Sanji could be a good match, or even Brook.
We currently don't know how well Rebecca fights. That little spar with Luffy doesn't mean anything. Lots of people who are strong can't keep up with Luffy.


I agree that the Blackbeards would be too powerful if they got that fruit and that it's power should go to the Straw Hats, preferably a new member.

Oh, and Blackbeard didn't recruit Kuzan. He was talking about recruiting him. Right now, I think Kuzan is with the revolutionaries.
I wasn't thinking about her fight with Luffy though. But if she really was a good fighter, then she wouldn't be so disrespected by the other fighters.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Well, if they already became a Yonkou crew and continue getting stronger, then getting another damn strong DF such as Ace's would make them even stronger and close to unbeatable. Especially since in some time, when BB masters both of his DF powers he might become stronger than WB was. So I really hope they won't get Mera Mera no mi.
 

joshua019

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
614
Reaction score
91
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think, it would be rebecca. the foundation SH recruitment process had begun!! We need new SH and potentially "the 4th monster" of the crew. imagine someone with haki and mera mera!!
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think, it would be rebecca. the foundation SH recruitment process had begun!! We need new SH and potentially "the 4th monster" of the crew. imagine someone with haki and mera mera!!
That's what I've been saying about Rebecca all along! Glad someone sees what I've been seeing. Oh, and btw, the newest member of the 'Monster Quartet' is probably going to be Jinbe.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I wasn't thinking about her fight with Luffy though. But if she really was a good fighter, then she wouldn't be so disrespected by the other fighters.
Power doesn't always equal respect. Look how people reacted to Bartolomeo winning.
 

MBVC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
164
Gender
Male
Country
Bouvet Island
If Shanks has Marco & remaining WB pirates joining his crew then it's fine for BB to have mera mera, I mean Marco can take care whoever eats this df without any problem. Besides, now that the trio know how to use haki, that fire logica usefulness is cut more than half at least.

Except BB all thanks to his uniqueness of the dark logica which allows him to eat 2 or maybe more df, I don't think anyone can do even that person is Luffy. I believe Marco didn't about the power of BB darkness df hence he said something about the body structure, it was only his opinion not a fact.

Now about the case against Luffy eating mera mera, some of you said that he won't explode because he is made of rubber, I'm not sure what kind of special rubber can stop explosion in real life but this is manga so I "assume" it passes the test, now then I provide another biased logic similar to this. The light logica user Kizaru can pass this test too, he only needs to turn into light element before eating any additional df, big explosion can't harm light element can it? Right?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, if they already became a Yonkou crew and continue getting stronger, then getting another damn strong DF such as Ace's would make them even stronger and close to unbeatable. Especially since in some time, when BB masters both of his DF powers he might become stronger than WB was. So I really hope they won't get Mera Mera no mi.
But what if someone else gets the devil fruit, and not Blackbeard? If someone like Shiryuu gets it, then he could be a major challenge for Zoro. It wouldn't give Blackbeard more power or make him unbeatable, and we even saw few times that he was still susceptible to being hit, by both Luffy and Whitebeard. Even Ace without his fruit power managed to challenge Blackbeard.
Power doesn't always equal respect. Look how people reacted to Bartolomeo winning.
Did he show power though? He only showed the bari bari no mi and acted pretty disrespectful.
 

KungPaoChicken

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
764
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Luffys probably going to grab the fruit and eat it by accident. Somebody's going to surprise him and he'll *hide* it in his mouth. And bam. Mira Gum Gum
 

Don Chinjao

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
249
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
We currently don't know how well Rebecca fights. That little spar with Luffy doesn't mean anything. Lots of people who are strong can't keep up with Luffy.

I agree that the Blackbeards would be too powerful if they got that fruit and that it's power should go to the Straw Hats, preferably a new member.

Oh, and Blackbeard didn't recruit Kuzan. He was talking about recruiting him. Right now, I think Kuzan is with the revolutionaries.
I think you overastamate luffy's power yes he becaume a lot stronger but isnt a god or something and judging from the scene where rebecca's attack failed and how luffy avoid the attack so easily i would say Rebecca skill lvl might be around the lvl of Jean Argo the bounty hunter who wasnt weak but compare to the rest of his block didnt had the + to advance further more.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Again I'm not talking only about BB in person, but even if any of his current or new crew members gets Ace's DF, then it would make the crew considerably stronger, thus Luffy and his crew will have even more problems when challenging them in the future. That's why I think it would be too much to give another powerful DF to BB's crew.

And if some new member of Luffy's crew gets it, then it would be quite ok, since without it even having an alliance with Law and even with Jimbei joining I still can't see how Mugivaras can currently challenge any Yonkou.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Luffys probably going to grab the fruit and eat it by accident. Somebody's going to surprise him and he'll *hide* it in his mouth. And bam. Mira Gum Gum
No he wont.

I hope he isn't that much of an idiot. His rubber body allows him to store fruits in his mouth without eating them. :P
 
Last edited:

joshua019

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
614
Reaction score
91
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think you overastamate luffy's power yes he becaume a lot stronger but isnt a god or something and judging from the scene where rebecca's attack failed and how luffy avoid the attack so easily i would say Rebecca skill lvl might be around the lvl of Jean Argo the bounty hunter who wasnt weak but compare to the rest of his block didnt had the + to advance further more.
I think rebecca is stronger than what you think, after all she is the only one who is not injured among the gladiators. Of course, she is not in the supernova class but probably around franky or robin level. Either way, with mera mera she can be stronger without being too broken.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Again I'm not talking only about BB in person, but even if any of his current or new crew members gets Ace's DF, then it would make the crew considerably stronger, thus Luffy and his crew will have even more problems when challenging them in the future. That's why I think it would be too much to give another powerful DF to BB's crew.
BB's crew will be stronger, true, but it doesn't mean they will become invincible due to one of the crew consuming a Logia. The Strawhats will no doubt become stronger as they venture in the NW, and it would be strange if their enemies somehow stayed the same strength as they are. It would make the fight less interesting if there was no challenge.

Many of the Strawhats' fights -especially Luffy's- were all about going against an opponent who was stronger them on paper and somehow overcoming the odds to beat them. It happened with Crocodile, it happened with Enel, it happened with Lucci, etc. Even if a character other than Luffy goes against the BB Pirates' Mera Mera no Mi user, there will always be possibilities to defeat them.
 

MBVC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
164
Gender
Male
Country
Bouvet Island
I think rebecca is stronger than what you think, after all she is the only one who is not injured among the gladiators. Of course, she is not in the supernova class but probably around franky or robin level. Either way, with mera mera she can be stronger without being too broken.
She's even weaker than Robin, her speed doesn't help her at all against Robin. I'm not even sure she can handle Chopper in his monster form either and Franky has laser beams & other exotic weapons inside his body. I think Rebecca level is equivalent to the medium strength members of CP9 at most (excluded the moronic chief).
 

sameel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2013
Messages
776
Reaction score
146
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yeah maybe rebecca is not that powerful right now, but she might get as powerful as robin and co when she gets the mera mera no mi. she specializes in speed right? Mera mera might give her a boost at that as well. More importantly, toy soldier said he would teach her to a fighting style to protect hersfelf right?(forgive me if im wrong) so we cant assume her strenght while she is attacking, but by seeing her defending herself. Maybe thats why she wants the fruit? She knows she needs more offensive abilities to at least hurt flamingo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top