In all things... the heart must take precedence

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hello eveyone! :D

I registered a year ago, but I decided to be more active from now on. I've been reading mangas e watching animes for some year, and I always visit Manga Helpers for see Otaku Shoten section because I like much of discussions about TOCs and sales ranking, the reason is that one of my first mangas was Bakuman, that is my favorite yet.

Futhemore, my usual reading list include common wekkly mangas as One Piece and Naruto, and other more monthly. Because I read more shounens mangas recently I’d like to know more seinen series, suggestions are accepted. :D

I hope to be more active from now on, explore more the forum, meet new people and share knowledge about mangas.

I am no good in presentations, then ask me anything that you would like to know about me that I forgot to write here.
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: After one year of silence...

Since you read Naruto and OP I expect to see you more active in these threads so that we can discuss about them. :D
Anyway if you want Seinen then you should read Berserk, Gantz and Elfen Lied.
There are other manga that you like?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

Sure, I will discuss One Piece and Naruto as well as Toriko. I read most of the popular shounen mangas therefore I want more variety, expand for seinen mangas.
Berserk and Gantz I know but I've never read, I will put in my list. Elfen Lied I saw the anime some years ago and I liked very much but I never thought in read the manga because I heard that the art is no good.

Others mangas I like mostly are Soul Eater (obvious xD), Nurarihiyon no Mago, Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Nisekoi and Claymore. You can see my manga list for others titles: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Leoat12
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

Ohayou, Remember to go to the BR thread and say a hello, if you havent done it already '-'
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

I did a commentary there but I going to say hello properly soon.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: After one year of silence...

Sure, I will discuss One Piece and Naruto as well as Toriko. I read most of the popular shounen mangas therefore I want more variety, expand for seinen mangas.
Berserk and Gantz I know but I've never read, I will put in my list. Elfen Lied I saw the anime some years ago and I liked very much but I never thought in read the manga because I heard that the art is no good.

Others mangas I like mostly are Soul Eater (obvious xD), Nurarihiyon no Mago, Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Nisekoi and Claymore. You can see my manga list for others titles: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Leoat12
We seem to follow the same manga.
What are your favourite characters in each of those?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

It's hard to choose one in some mangas like One Piece that is one of my favourites, I prefer don't choose only one. xD In Naruto I like Hashirama, principally after the arc about his past, and Minato. Toriko is Zebra for sure.

Soul Eater is hard to choose too, I like of many characters but Death the Kid is in upper class. My favorite in Nurarihiyon no Mago is art, Rikuo, Yura and Itaku. I said art because I still didn't see any art better than Nurarihiyon.

Hikaru no Go is a special case, I don't have favourite character. I think that all characters are good and I cannot choose one. Death Note are L and probably Light, but he is a dilemma, I have moments that I like him and others that I hate him. xD

Chitoge in Nisekoi for sure and finally in Claymore are Miria and Galatea principally and Riful. For me Claymore is one of series that have more good characters, are many but I know almost all by name.

What I value the most in characters is their developments in the story, it can be a good character in appearance but without developments you don't remember him for much time.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: After one year of silence...

It's hard to choose one in some mangas like One Piece that is one of my favourites, I prefer don't choose only one. xD In Naruto I like Hashirama, principally after the arc about his past, and Minato. Toriko is Zebra for sure.

Soul Eater is hard to choose too, I like of many characters but Death the Kid is in upper class. My favorite in Nurarihiyon no Mago is art, Rikuo, Yura and Itaku. I said art because I still didn't see any art better than Nurarihiyon.

Hikaru no Go is a special case, I don't have favourite character. I think that all characters are good and I cannot choose one. Death Note are L and probably Light, but he is a dilemma, I have moments that I like him and others that I hate him. xD

Chitoge in Nisekoi for sure and finally in Claymore are Miria and Galatea principally and Riful. For me Claymore is one of series that have more good characters, are many but I know almost all by name.

What I value the most in characters is their developments in the story, it can be a good character in appearance but without developments you don't remember him for much time.
Yeah a character isn't anyone without a proper development, something that in some manga however happens.
Anyway I too like some characters you said; Zebra for example is awesome and Hashirama is funny as hell. XD
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: After one year of silence...

We have a Seinen section here on MH, it's good to check out the recommendations there from time to time...

Berserk was already recommended, but it's really good, so from me too:p....if you like sci-fi or sci-fiesque manga then 20th Century Boys, Akira(classics) Eden: It's an Endless World are very good stuff to read...

If you like something funky and mindfucking and weird try out Homunculus

And welcome to MH!! \o/
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

Yeah a character isn't anyone without a proper development, something that in some manga however happens.
Anyway I too like some characters you said; Zebra for example is awesome and Hashirama is funny as hell. XD
Before the arc of Harishama's past I thought that he was serious, his personality was a funny surprise. XD

We have a Seinen section here on MH, it's good to check out the recommendations there from time to time...

Berserk was already recommended, but it's really good, so from me too:p....if you like sci-fi or sci-fiesque manga then 20th Century Boys, Akira(classics) Eden: It's an Endless World are very good stuff to read...

If you like something funky and mindfucking and weird try out Homunculus

And welcome to MH!! \o/
I will go in the seinen section anytime soon.
I read 20th Century Boys, it's really good and after this I read Pluto. Naoki Urasawa's series are all good, Billy Bat and Monster are queued.
I don't have one favorite genre, I like to read various types of mangas but some of them interests me more: Sci-Fi, adventure, romance and drama. I think this is it.
I wrote down the recomendations, bit by bit I will read everything. Thanks! =D
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: After one year of silence...

/subs
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: After one year of silence...

No.

Kat!

Stop!

What are you doing?!

KAT! STOP!

DON'T POST KAT!

I'M WARNING YOU!

STOP! :yelling
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kat

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

She will post... I challenge her for a fight! Ask anything, I'm ready! :yelling
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kat

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Re: After one year of silence...

No.

Kat!

Stop!

What are you doing?!

KAT! STOP!

DON'T POST KAT!

I'M WARNING YOU!

STOP! :yelling
lololol Tommy you are soo funny thanks for making my morning better :lmao

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Alsoooooooo heeeeeeeeeeello Leooooo :hug Tell us the rules about writing commas :derp
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: After one year of silence...

God fucking dammit Kat! :darn
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

Alsoooooooo heeeeeeeeeeello Leooooo :hug Tell us the rules about writing commas :derp
In Portuguese I know every them, but I english I don't know very much... Many of them are the same as Portuguese, but talk about them is boring. :-_-
Talk about Math is fun, though, do you need a help in anything? Like function? :derp

Anyway, the challenge continues. Xadyu can make a question, too. :D
I'll make one: how is live in Papua Nova Guinea? I like to know about the country of everybody. XD
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Re: After one year of silence...

In Portuguese I know every them, but I english I don't know very much... Many of them are the same as Portuguese, but talk about them is boring. :-_-
Talk about Math is fun, though, do you need a help in anything? Like function? :derp

Anyway, the challenge continues. Xadyu can make a question, too. :D
I'll make one: how is live in Papua Nova Guinea? I like to know about the country of everybody. XD
Commas are boring :p AND HELL NO talking about MATH IS EVEN WORSE ... I dont need any help with functions fuck it I will not need it in my life so MEH and Im kinda getting to it anyway so It will be fine in few days/weeks/months :3

I have to disappoint you but I dont know anything about life in Nova Guinea :( you tell me about life in rio :p parties all day all night?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

I did a exercise of computational logic just now that the commas were very important. XP
I won't need function? hahahahahahaha Don't make me laugh already in the morning, if you go to the colllege you will need it for something for sure. Everybody say this about Math, so naive. :^_^

About Nova Guinea, it was for Xadyu, waiting for his answer. Rio has parties all the time, it's annoying sometimes, music and noise everywhere you are, I don't like parties very much and I don't have money to go in them, I am only a poor student that doesn't work yet, so I go to parties hardly ever. :crying
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: After one year of silence...

I read some seinen, but you ask me the first one that pops in my mind is I Am a Hero.
Zombies, hehe. I find it easier to sink in than something like Berserk.

Or if you don't like gore, try AIKI, pretty fun-going while being action-packed. :)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: After one year of silence...

I know I am a Hero by name, but never stopped to read the synopsis. Reading the synopsis I didn't get it very much the point of the story, is it talk about zombies?
Berserker already is in my list, but I already have too much to read, I will read in the near future.
Aiki doesn't seem to suit in my taste... I don't know... :hmm
 
Top