Favorites - Your 1st String | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Your 1st String

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I never said who was better, I just said that black aura can score points on him, and we don't know for sure the full powers of black aura, and the only reason I wouldn't be mad if he left is that his matches get boring if his yips work, and they always work, the one time someone broke out of it completely, yukimura lost

It's true, Yuushi is good at aiming at the corners and holding people at the baseline, and he has the closed mind technique, but none of this is new, he's had all of this since PoT, and konomi still said that jirou was better. Unless Yuushi shows something new, then I doubt he's the better player now
Yeah I was agreeing with you, we just can't tell.

That's a fair argument. However, if Yuushi was able to improve those techniques, he could be able to win. For example, Irie does not have much power but is able use his mental abilities to intimidate people. As we have seen before 1 point in any category means a lot. If Yuushi can play more strategically now there is a possibility that he is better. I'm no longer saying that Yuushi is better, but you can't definitely say Jirou is better either.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Why not? We don't know if Yuushi improved MORE than Jirou in this camp, and prior that the latter was already better. As far as we know, Jirou is better.

Last edited:

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Here I go,

No. 1 Yukimura
No. 2 Ryoga
No. 3 Tanegashima
No. 4 Ryoma
No. 5 Eiji / No. 6 Sengoku
No. 7 Marui / No. 8 Jirou
No. 9 Atobe / No. 10 Niou
No. 11 Fuji
No. 12 Akutsu / No. 13 Kite(Deadly pair. lol)
No. 14 Kintarou
No. 15 Kimijima / No. 16 Irie
No. 17 Ochi
No. 18 Kirihara / No. 19 Krauser
No. 20 Shiraishi

Last edited:

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I don't think Sanada needed to be told that he could use Rin to stop losing points against TPhantom, he just didn't want to abandon the head-on challenge.
I don't think so either. I phrased it poorly. But well, what I mean is that Sanada will drop his emperor title if someone tell him to. His emperor title does comes from always challenging his opponent head on. I think it's mention in his match. So really, Sanada isn't an Emperor anymore, not ever since his match with Tezuka. While he might still crush some people head on, he just doesn't need to do it anymore. Not that there's anything wrong with it. He's stronger now anyways.

redhairSH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I was agreeing with you, we just can't tell.

That's a fair argument. However, if Yuushi was able to improve those techniques, he could be able to win. For example, Irie does not have much power but is able use his mental abilities to intimidate people. As we have seen before 1 point in any category means a lot. If Yuushi can play more strategically now there is a possibility that he is better. I'm no longer saying that Yuushi is better, but you can't definitely say Jirou is better either.
Yuushi has probably improved a lot at U17, but so has Jirou, so unless Yuushi is improving at a faster rate with the same training(both part of winners group, both in court 6), then Jirou would still be better.

Before U17 camp, Yuushi was the genius of Hyoutei, and he was probably training with the rest of the team, Jirou was the lazy guy who they brought out for serious matches, and we know he spent most of his time sleeping, if Jirou was better then, then it's hard to imagine that now that he's actually training(the U17 coaches wouldn't let him just sleep all day), he would now be worse then Yuushi, who is doing the same training, and in most of the matches that we have seen, the high schoolers have tended to outclass the middle schoolers in terms of stats, but the middle schoolers have still won(mostly)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yuushi has probably improved a lot at U17, but so has Jirou, so unless Yuushi is improving at a faster rate with the same training(both part of winners group, both in court 6), then Jirou would still be better.
Small correction, Jirou was 5th court before the team shuffle.

redhairSH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Small correction, Jirou was 5th court before the team shuffle.
Thanks, my mistake, but if he's in a higher court than he beat a 5th court hser, and yuushi has only beaten up to a 6th court mser

interesting that he's in a higher court than the one person he most wants to but can't beat, marui, unless marui is now number 8, I'm confused about that

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
interesting that he's in a higher court than the one person he most wants to but can't beat, marui, unless marui is now number 8, I'm confused about that
The courts aren't strictly a power ranking for the MSers. After all, Yukimura was in 6th court as well for example. It's just a matter of who got chosen to play in which matches, and in reality part of it probably was the way it was because of who played in the team shuffle. 5th court had to be competent, but couldn't be a complete all-star selection of the winners, since then they would have won too easily.

redhairSH

Reaction score
Country
United States
The courts aren't strictly a power ranking for the MSers. After all, Yukimura was in 6th court as well for example. It's just a matter of who got chosen to play in which matches, and in reality part of it probably was the way it was because of who played in the team shuffle. 5th court had to be competent, but couldn't be a complete all-star selection of the winners, since then they would have won too easily.
I know, I just meant that as of right now, Jirou has beaten a stronger high school opponent than Yuushi, at least court wise

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
12. Akutsu
13. The Guy with Bible Tennis
14. Kirihara
15. Inui
16. Yanagi
17. Eiji
18. Kikumaru
19. Kite
You probably mean Shiraishi Kuranosuke but do you realize you have Eiji as your No.17 and Kikumaru as your No.18?
Eiji Kikumaru is ONE man you know. I know he confused people when he defeated Kai but not this much lol.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
He prolly meant Oishi instead of "Eiji".

floman

Reaction score
Country
India
Here I go,

No. 1 Yukimura
No. 2 Ryoga
No. 3 Tanegashima
No. 4 Ryoma
No. 5 Eiji / No. 6 Sengoku
No. 7 Marui / No. 8 Jirou
No. 9 Atobe / No. 10 Niou
No. 11 Fuji
No. 12 Akutsu / No. 13 Kite(Deadly pair. lol)
No. 14 Kintarou
No. 15 Migihashi / No. 16 Irie
No. 17 Ochi
No. 18 Kirihara / No. 19 Krauser
No. 20 Shiraishi
I love Kirihara Krauser pair, that would be sick! Sengoku Eiji pair would be great. Sengoku's motion vision could act like an improvement on Oishi territory. Akutsu Kite is a great combination cuz the court coverage would be perfect.

The two things are for the Marui and jirou pair would you consider substituting Jirou for Tachibana. Just as a thought I have been thinking who would have a smash as good as the Ohabu to support perfect fortress and could cover the back court almost as well as Kite. If Tachibana used Abare dame in combination with perfect fortress it would be such an awesome team. Also having Jirou and Marui wouldn't let them show off their skills.

Also Irie and Migihashi would be cool but since Migihashi moves everything to his right side Irie wouldn't get to show off how awesome he is. I would switch Irie and Ochi. Ochi could just serve and mentally assassinate.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I'm revising my list, because my old list is pretty out of date.

No.1 Oni
No.2 Tokugawa
No.3 Byodouin
No.4 Ryoga
No.5 Ryoma
No.6 Kintarou
No.7 Shuuji
No.8 Sanada
No.9 Yukimura
No.10 Duke
No.11 Oomagari
No.12 Kimijima
No.13 Tohno
No.14 Kaji
No.15 Atobe
No.16 Niou
No.17 Shiraishi
No.18 Ochi
No.19 Mouri
No.20 Irie

I didn't include Tezuka, and I'll probably also remove Yukimura as soon as he is officially out of Japan.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Gonna update mine too.

A "realistic" Ms team, considering the numbers we know so far... and I just completed the other spots. I have Tachibana / Chitose as the no.1 pair, and Sanada and Akutsu would end up playing doubles (inb4 rants, I know it's a stupidly high number for them btw). Also some number might be wrong, I'm too lazy to check, but the players are there.

1. Ryoma
2. Sanada
3. Kintarou
4. Chitose
5. Tachibana
6. Akutsu (I don't think he'll give 2 craps about the team, so someone might take his spot)
7. Shiraishi
8. Kirihara
9. Atobe
10. Niou
11. Fuji
12. Kawamura
13. Kaidoh
14. Kite
15. Kikumaru
16. Oishi
17. Yanagi
18. Momoshiro
19. Kenya
20. Sengoku/Marui/Jirou

What I would want.

1. Sengoku
2. Sengoku
3. Sengoku
4. Sengoku
5. Sengoku
6. Sengoku
7. Sengoku
8. Sengoku
9. Sengoku
10. Sengoku
11. Sengoku
12. Sengoku
13. Sengoku
14. Sengoku
15. Sengoku
16. Sengoku
17. Sengoku
18. Sengoku
19. Sengoku
20. Sengoku

Subs: Kirihara, Jirou, Atobe, Kikumaru, and Sengoku

lol no.

1. Ryoma
2. Sanada
3. Kintarou
4. Atobe
5. Niou /
6. Kite
7. Shiraishi /
8. Kirihara
9. Tachibana /
10. Chitose
11. Fuji
12. Yanagi /
13. Inui
14. Kaidoh
15. Kikumaru /
16. Momoshiro (screw Oishi :arf )
17. Sengoku
18. Yuushi /
19. Kenya
20. Jirou

Last edited:

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The two things are for the Marui and jirou pair would you consider substituting Jirou for Tachibana. Just as a thought I have been thinking who would have a smash as good as the Ohabu to support perfect fortress and could cover the back court almost as well as Kite. If Tachibana used Abare dame in combination with perfect fortress it would be such an awesome team. Also having Jirou and Marui wouldn't let them show off their skills.
Marui & Jirou are two of my very favorite characters. I've always wanted them to play doubles together. Although it seems like never happening.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Also Irie and Migihashi would be cool but since Migihashi moves everything to his right side Irie wouldn't get to show off how awesome he is. I would switch Irie and Ochi. Ochi could just serve and mentally assassinate.
You are completely right here. But I want Ochi to play singles. He can get service ace even on Yukimura with his Mach serve. He'll be a better singles player.
I think I'm going to change Migihashi with Kimijima. Irie/Kimijima pair seems cool to me.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guess I'm gonna throw out a new one as well:

1. Tokugawa
2. Ryoga
3. Byoudouin / 4. Duke
5. Oni
6. Tanegashima / 7. Irie
8. Ohmagari
9. Kimijima / 10. Ochi
11. Yukimura
12. Ryoma
13. Sanada / 14. Atobe
15. Tooyama
16. Kite / 17. Ishida
18. Akutsu
19. Tachibana / 20. Chitose

floman

Reaction score
Country
India
Guess I'm gonna throw out a new one as well:

1. Tokugawa
2. Ryoga
3. Byoudouin / 4. Duke
5. Oni
6. Tanegashima / 7. Irie
8. Ohmagari
9. Kimijima / 10. Ochi
11. Yukimura
12. Ryoma
13. Sanada / 14. Atobe
15. Tooyama
16. Kite / 17. Ishida
18. Akutsu
19. Tachibana / 20. Chitose
Just wondering what made you chose Kite/ Ishida as a doubles pair?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just wondering what made you chose Kite/ Ishida as a doubles pair?
I had Akutsu/Ishida and Kite in singles at first and didn't like it, so I ended up switching Akutsu and Kite.

floman

Reaction score
Country
India
Also if I were to include high schoolers:

1. Ryoma
2. Oni
3. Ryoga/4.Byoudin
5. Kintarou
6. Tanegamishima/ 7. Irie (taking this from Kaoz because this would be awesome)
8. Sanada
9. Tachibana/ 10. Marui
11. Yukimura
12. Shiraishi
13. Atobe/14. Niou
15. Fuji
16. Kite/ 17. Kikumaru
18. Chitose
19. Duke/ 20. Gin

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I had Akutsu/Ishida and Kite in singles at first and didn't like it, so I ended up switching Akutsu and Kite.
Got you. Kite is the perfect support doubles player.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
1st String

1) Tokugawa Kazuya

2) Tanegashima Shuuji

3) Echizen Ryoga

4) Echizen Ryoma

5) Oni Juujirou

6) Sanada Genichirou

7) Tohno Atsukyou

8) Akutsu Jin

9) Atobe Keigo

10) Ochi Tsukimitsu

11) Kaji Kazena

12) Tachibana Kippei

13) Chitose Senri

14) Tooyama Kintarou

15) Ohmagari Ryuuji

16) Marui Bunta

17) Date Danji

18) Kaidou Kaoru

19) Momoshiro Takeshi

20) Irie Kanata

Team Manager: Kimijima Ikuto

Notes:

-Excluding Byoudouin and Duke because assuming one loses, the other probably follows. I have a feeling that if Byoudouin isn't No. 1 he would refuse to play in the All Japan team. Also, knowing that Byoudouin is a world traveler and Duke is half French, they could both possibly seek citizenship elsewhere to play for another team.

-Kimijima's primary use is in his negotiation skills. Possibly, in order to prevent Tohno from scarring his looks, he relinquishes his spot to Tohno and the coaches make him a team manager that can still be the face for the 1st String

-I think Akutsu could be a good partner for Tohno as they both have an aggressive style and Akutsu has great court coverage.

-Niou still being injured, has to relinquish his spot. Ochi takes it to make a Hyoutei captain doubles team. Also dual Mach and Tannhausser makes serves almost certain easy points. Also, Mouri has a dislocated shoulder...that takes a bit of rehab for sure.

-Yukimura relinquishes his badge to go to America for further therapy. Kintarou takes it to 'lead' the 2nd half

-Wild Beast Synchro beats Taka and whomever he would partner with

-Kaji was former No. 5 and assuming he's not dead, should still be 1st string level.

- Momo/Kaidou pair would be stronger than Kenya/Momo team. Also, Kaidou has been prominently featured yet he's not going to be playing. I think it indicates he has gotten quite a bit stronger probably.

- I just like Date and think he got screwed out of his badge. Also, he could probably blow Renji away easy.

- Marui/Ryuuji paid would be pretty fun