Wow, I never thought I'll see this much backlash against Tokugawa.
You should sees Fayte against any character that is fodder.
From your logic of not knowing Yukimura and Sanada, why doesn't that include every other HS that doesn't know these two? It's too much work to get in touch with MS tennis world? Probably not. In fact, many of my friends who's in a sport club in high school talked to their juniors and keep and in touch to know the "King" of those sports EVEN WITHOUT godlike entity like Sanada or Yukimura. That shows how much any of them care.
Coz Tokugawa is a 2nd Year HSer. Meaning he was an MSer at the same time as Yuki/Sanada.
I didnt say it was too much work to get in touch with the MS world (re-read my post), im saying Tokugawa didnt care to.
We arent talking about
your friends. In this series, all the players know of each other despite being from different regions.
Chitose, Inui and Mizuki knew of Mouri without meeting him. This is coz they were MSers at the same time so they were aware of ppl at the top of their age group.
In this series, the Msers all know of each other without meeting each other due to fame.
So if they were MSers at the same time, if Tokugawa was involved, he would know besides him there are other great players.
Your unbelievably and fantistically naive for thinking I was bringing real life experience into this. You NEVER use real logic for PoT logic. Ever.
People in sport clubs spend a lot of time together, and most likely are going to become good friends. (At least from real life experience of mine, don't know about you). Good friends keep in touch, and of course talked about the very topic that make them friend in the first place.
Correct, you dont know about me. I have a life and dont use my life to compare with a shounen DBZ Sports anime. It doesnt make sense to do so.
Your telling me your HSers 2 years above you became your good friends? Cool story bro coz thats irrelevant to what I said.
Tokugawa and Yuki/Sanada went MS at the same time but were not in the same school so your paragraph is irrelevant.
You're trying to put too much hate logic into this. Logically and realistically, all HS who had even the slightest friendliness toward their kouhai would keep in touch with them and know at least the main details that's going on.
You should break down your complaints to what I said. Dont do walls of text. They're annoying. Im breaking it down for you here.
Its not hate logic. What does kohai's of the same school have to do with Tokugawa?
Now, go and hate every HS that doesn't know their popular players in the MS, go.
Tokugawa and Yukimura were MSers at the same time making what your saying invalid.
Of course, you have no idea when some of them start playing tennis. What if he start playing HS 1st year, or he start at the beginning of his 2nd year? You are assuming way too much. This doesn't apply to Tokugawa, though.
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/68/3
Your link states Tokugawa was playing since he was 5. You then say I am assuming way too much? What's with you? Im going by whats been given. So ACTUALLY I DO KNOW when he started playing tennis.
You then say it doesnt apply to Tokugawa... Then what are you talking about lol?
He's training aboard. Now, I would excuse him for that rather than all other HS without the backstory. Why would someone who is training aboard care about a result of MS tournament? I don't. And I actually don't know anyone who does ever. Does that make me a jerk for not caring about my country?
Didnt say he was a jerk. Re-read the post. I said he is very different from Tezuka. Youve probably not read the post as your reply is nonsense.
The characters of the story are the kids who are THE BEST of their age in the country so the best all know of each other.
Unless your amongst the top 50 kids in your country, relating yourself to this post is irrelevant as you are neither from Japan or in the characters' situation.
And does it really matter that he's staying behind and doesn't have a badge? I thought he stay here to raise level of 2nd stringer? And he try to "power up" Echizen. That shows he at least have some care for others.
Dont confuse Tokugawa with Irie and Oni. They are Courtleaders who stayed behind to uplift the camp. We havent been told Tokugawa did that.
He didnt ''power up'' Ryoma. Ryoma worked hard himself so he could defeat him. The best things he has done since his intro is tell Ryoma to go the mountain hell training and take a shot from Byoudouin and get tossed in the air like a fool.
Now, that's FAR better than Tanegashima, who's staying behind because he doesn't like plane. It's like "Meh, I'm No. 2! I'm the second best player in the camp! But I won't go there to secure win for my country because I hate airplane!" Sure, sounds like a pretty nice guy right there. Oni drop his badge for others, too. I think in essense, Tokugawa, Irie, and Oni is pretty much the same. At least for this reason. No reason to use this to hate him over another.
Tanegashima is shown differently as he welcomes the 2nd year MSers from the Black Jersey brigade and stopped the embarrassment for the HSers. Tanegashima at leasted accepted a badge. Tokugawa is clearly above No.9 yet he has not accepted a badge other than No.1.
Tanegashima stayed in the camp to protect his No.2 badge, Tokugawa has stayed a 2nd Stringer so that he is allowed to challenge Byoudouin. A completely selfish goal. Dont drag down Tanegashima to Tokugawa.
Oh, and so far, I hate Byoudouin. Like, what kind of person would say "die" and suddenly shot a ball
Oni asked Momoshiro who he thinks he can kill with his piece of Jack Knife. The whole killing thing you shouldnt take seriously.
Oh, and so far, I hate Byoudouin. Like, what kind of person would say "die" and suddenly shot a ball that can break wall at someone who is just finish practicing their tennis and are taking a break? Wait, let me rephase that, what kind of person will just say "die" and shot a ball that can break wall at another person, at ANY time? And just walk away, without laughing it as joke, with a total serious look. I definitely don't want to be friend with that person.
Sanada says he wants crush his opponents. To crush someone would kill them. We dont bitch that Sanada uses such words lol.
In this PoT series, Kirihara wanted to see blood and scream ''Let me dye you red''. Krauser says some deep stuff too.
Your reasons to hate Byoudouin are weak. Just say you personally dont like him which is fine.