Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Har har har. I don't regret being seen like a fucktard though.

Just wondering. I know from experience death sucks and can be hard to go through. If you were emotionless, you wouldn't be so detached or anything, emotion is why you're becoming more and more detached or indifferent. IMO.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Har har har. I don't regret being seen like a fucktard though.

Just wondering. I know from experience death sucks and can be hard to go through. If you were emotionless, you wouldn't be so detached or anything, emotion is why you're becoming more and more detached or indifferent. IMO.
i regret reading this post because it makes no sense!!!

i confess to eating too much spicy food, and my acid reflux is haunting me every day because of it
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Incoming Chinese Mandarin phone call - mindset in English, tried to reply in Mandarin, came out as Japanese turning into Mandarin turning into Cantonese. Gave up and handed the phone to my boss who turned his face away as he snickered. :oh

Switching channels is easier on the TV.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm starting to talk to Tsuyomaru, my favourite fan artist, and I feel like a teenaged girl writing a fan letter to a member of One Direction or Arashi. I get so nervous every time I message them, and I feel so elated whenever they reply.

They're not only extremely talented but also very nice. Even though it makes me want to reply to every one of their tweets, I'm restraining myself! Hopefully I stand out from the other fans because my username (asari) actually means "clam" in Japanese, which perhaps made some sort of impression? :XD I also implied that I didn't live in Japan as well.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why do you get so nervous? it's not like you'll get blocked unless you say somethin creepy or something.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Why do you get so nervous? it's not like you'll get blocked unless you say somethin creepy or something.
She's a fangirl, and has a filter, unlike you
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,190
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
im probably dead inside and ruthless in some aspects of life...also i think im stuck in the past with my thoughts
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
She's a fangirl, and has a filter, unlike you
I have a filter as well. Two, in fact.

They're called kidneys! HYUK HYUK HYUK HYUK
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
My colleagues suggested to go to a pub after having dinner, but I did not want to join (after spending two whole days with them-we're on a field trip, btw-, I just feel I want to be on my own. Donno about others but I really enjoy my "me time".

So now I'm in my hotel room whilst they're drinking themselves under the table...and I feel wonderful. Is there something wrong with me? :cookiestare
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Nope.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
My colleagues suggested to go to a pub after having dinner, but I did not want to join (after spending two whole days with them-we're on a field trip, btw-, I just feel I want to be on my own. Donno about others but I really enjoy my "me time".

So now I'm in my hotel room whilst they're drinking themselves under the table...and I feel wonderful. Is there something wrong with me? :cookiestare
No, not really, you don't have to enjoy their company just because they're your colleagues.

If you're saying you don't want to spend time with other people at all, that may indicate a problem though. Well, you have us but it doesn't hurt to socialize with people other than in front of a computer screen. :)
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
My colleagues suggested to go to a pub after having dinner, but I did not want to join (after spending two whole days with them-we're on a field trip, btw-, I just feel I want to be on my own. Donno about others but I really enjoy my "me time".

So now I'm in my hotel room whilst they're drinking themselves under the table...and I feel wonderful. Is there something wrong with me? :cookiestare
Nope...I love me some "me time" as well...on a trip, my friends party into the morning, but I go to sleep early (1-2 AM) and otherwise just living at my own rhythm :p
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So for the past few weeks I've been drawing on my bathroom and bedroom mirrors with dry erase markers to try and memorize certain pchem concepts or biological molecules.

Today my mom asked me, "how do you get the writing off of your mirror?" So I come downstairs with my dry-erase eraser and the black marker won't come off of her mirror. So I say, "what the hell did you use, Sharpie?"

And she says, "yes. What do you use?"

:fail

This woman is teaching college-level calculus. She is so god damn blonde sometimes.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So for the past few weeks I've been drawing on my bathroom and bedroom mirrors with dry erase markers to try and memorize certain pchem concepts or biological molecules.

Today my mom asked me, "how do you get the writing off of your mirror?" So I come downstairs with my dry-erase eraser and the black marker won't come off of her mirror. So I say, "what the hell did you use, Sharpie?"

And she says, "yes. What do you use?"

:fail

This woman is teaching college-level calculus. She is so god damn blonde sometimes.
Looool...reminds me of my cousin. She did the exact same thing, as we have a whiteboard in our kitchen. Actually it kind of reminds me of my mom in a way, but kind of in an opposite way.

Anyways, as long as it isn't extra permanent, she should be able to remove it with acetone nail polish remover.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, I use Sharpies on my glasswear in lab and we have some really strong acetone that makes it come off with just a rinse. I'm pretty sure that the beauty supply store sells some that's pretty highly concentrated. XD

Reminds you of your mom in an opposite way? You mean that you're the one that would use the Sharpie, or...? :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I use Sharpies on my glasswear in lab and we have some really strong acetone that makes it come off with just a rinse. I'm pretty sure that the beauty supply store sells some that's pretty highly concentrated. XD

Reminds you of your mom in an opposite way? You mean that you're the one that would use the Sharpie, or...? :XD
Well, no. In that she does/says similar things, despite being able to be a fully-functioning adult :XD

That sounds more severe than it is, but sometimes us men just look at each other trying not to laugh at some of that stuff.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
So this past weekend (September 28th) I went to a Magic tournament where I ended up tying for Forth but because of Tiebreakers I actually finished 10th. I am actually getting ready for another one coming up soon in Dallas that I am working on and I am hoping to repeat that performance, because losing 450$ to tie breakers really sucks. Plus the fact that my Deck List got posted on the Internet and I've been getting Facebook Messages all week about my deck.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1160946
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess my hunger to gain knowledge makes me happy whenever I read or learn stuff like biology, chemistry, medical stuff, body, and etcetera. However, if it's something like math, I confess I want to stay away from it.

I confess that my being unable to pass calculus (with derivatives) makes me feel like a dumbass and sometimes a slow learner because it takes a while before I understand it. Even then, I screwed up on the test because I forgot. Though I guess to my credit, I barely put in any effort or bothered.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, I use Sharpies on my glasswear in lab and we have some really strong acetone that makes it come off with just a rinse. I'm pretty sure that the beauty supply store sells some that's pretty highly concentrated. XD
Ethanol will make the sharpie wipe off also. That's why I'm really careful not to get it anywhere.

Science-related: I was sterilizing a spreader to spread bacteria on a plate and the bunsen burner was too close to the ethanol and it lit on fire... and also broke the bowl I had it in. I think was pyrex too.

I couldn't tell the truth to my boss. :fail
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I find it very hard to picture the past in color. like, pre-60s. I guess it's because of movies. :\
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top