Old people these days geez.You feel old because you're 19?
I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
Old people these days geez.You feel old because you're 19?
I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
Why are kids lame, or why am I self centered?Why?
Kate takes "BITCH PLEASE." to an entire knew level.You feel old because you're 19?
I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
Latter...we all know the formerWhy are kids lame, or why am I self centered?
Most kids do...and it doesn't always change when they reach adulthood and become more self-conscious. THEY"RE WRONGU!Well please tell me. Why ARE kids lame. Because I'm pretty sure that I was REALLY cool even as a kid....
WAIT. D:
I did it again.
I am self centered because. I am. I do things without even thinking of how it might affect someone else. I don't even know if I used the right form of affect.effect there. STFU.
;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?Most kids do...and it doesn't always change when they reach adulthood and become more self-conscious. THEY"RE WRONGU!
Yeah but plenty are like that, as long as you're not malicious about it or ridiculously ignorant or whatever...

Okay? Well, if you know it and don't do anything about it...I don't know. Maybe you don't really need to and are so self-involved at times that it doesn't even really matter? Kind of hard to know without specifics.;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?
Maliciousness isn't my intent, but my ignorance is so potent that it manifests itself as pernicious purpose. I don't know if that's any different when it comes to results.

Nah, people say the same of me. Mainly to do with me seeming within myself or maybe even coming off as cold or disinterested.I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.
Meh. I don't know.

You used it right, no worries.Well please tell me. Why ARE kids lame. Because I'm pretty sure that I was REALLY cool even as a kid....
WAIT. D:
I did it again.
I am self centered because. I am. I do things without even thinking of how it might affect someone else. I don't even know if I used the right form of affect.effect there. STFU.
What does loser and lame mean in your world?;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?
Maliciousness isn't my intent, but my ignorance is so potent that it manifests itself as pernicious purpose. I don't know if that's any different when it comes to results.
I'm pretty sure that not caring is not such a bad thing...what's more important is where your priorities lie in caring...I think so anyways...and those priorities change from time to time so I wouldn't worryI don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.
Meh. I don't know.

You said you had cried over your dead bird, right? I guess it's not that you're emotionless, you're perhaps reluctant or even afraid to form attachments to people. Can it be that you seem cold and distant because you don't trust people and do fear that they'll disappoint you in the end? I don't know you well but you don't strike me as an unsympathetic person, perhaps all you need to do is be more open to social relationships. If things don't go as expected, that'll be their loss.I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.
Meh. I don't know.

If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw.Nah, people say the same of me. Mainly to do with me seeming within myself or maybe even coming off as cold or disinterested.
But I didn't grow up with sisters, so dunno![]()
And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.
That one always messes me up.You used it right, no worries.
Hmmm. Not really sure, actually. To be honest, I typically use them more as endearing or playful terms when I say them to people.What does loser and lame mean in your world?
I'm pretty sure that not caring is not such a bad thing...what's more important is where your priorities lie in caring...I think so anyways...and those priorities change from time to time so I wouldn't worry![]()
You have a good memory, Miyagi. XD I think my wording was something like, "if my bird dies, I will sob my eyes out." I definitely wouldn't do it in front of other people though. How awkward would that be.You said you had cried over your dead bird, right? I guess it's not that you're emotionless, you're perhaps reluctant or even afraid to form attachments to people. Can it be that you seem cold and distant because you don't trust people and do fear that they'll disappoint you in the end? I don't know you well but you don't strike me as an unsympathetic person, perhaps all you need to do is be more open to social relationships. If things don't go as expected, that'll be their loss.![]()



It's generally a sign that you are saying something that strongly upsets them. There is no other reason for them to lash out and say such a nasty thing. I doubt they mean it. It's probably just an easy attack vector for them. The only way to keep them from doing that as frequently is (ironically) by not really caring. The problem with siblings is that they can pick up on your insecurities way faster than anyone else.If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw.And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.
What do you tell people when they say things like that to you, or ask you those types of questions? I never really know what to say, so I either just sort of shrug it off or change the subject. Or worse... agree with them. In retrospect, that's probably not a very good way of proving that I actually have feelings.![]()
I don't know, I don't care. Even my family might say something like that, but I know they're wrong. Just because I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, doesn't mean I don't feel or care. It's not necessarily what you say that shows whether you care, it's also what you do. Not sure why your sister is saying that, but it seems like something someone would say when they're upset. I wouldn't put too much weight in it.If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw.And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.
What do you tell people when they say things like that to you, or ask you those types of questions? I never really know what to say, so I either just sort of shrug it off or change the subject. Or worse... agree with them. In retrospect, that's probably not a very good way of proving that I actually have feelings.![]()
You feel old because you're 19?
I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
