Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
You feel old because you're 19? :gtfo

I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
Old people these days geez.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Why are kids lame, or why am I self centered?

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

You feel old because you're 19? :gtfo

I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
Kate takes "BITCH PLEASE." to an entire knew level.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Well please tell me. Why ARE kids lame. Because I'm pretty sure that I was REALLY cool even as a kid....

WAIT. D:

I did it again.



I am self centered because. I am. I do things without even thinking of how it might affect someone else. I don't even know if I used the right form of affect.effect there. STFU.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well please tell me. Why ARE kids lame. Because I'm pretty sure that I was REALLY cool even as a kid....

WAIT. D:

I did it again.



I am self centered because. I am. I do things without even thinking of how it might affect someone else. I don't even know if I used the right form of affect.effect there. STFU.
Most kids do...and it doesn't always change when they reach adulthood and become more self-conscious. THEY"RE WRONGU!


Yeah but plenty are like that, as long as you're not malicious about it or ridiculously ignorant or whatever...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Most kids do...and it doesn't always change when they reach adulthood and become more self-conscious. THEY"RE WRONGU!


Yeah but plenty are like that, as long as you're not malicious about it or ridiculously ignorant or whatever...
;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?:arf

Maliciousness isn't my intent, but my ignorance is so potent that it manifests itself as pernicious purpose. I don't know if that's any different when it comes to results.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?:arf

Maliciousness isn't my intent, but my ignorance is so potent that it manifests itself as pernicious purpose. I don't know if that's any different when it comes to results.
Okay? Well, if you know it and don't do anything about it...I don't know. Maybe you don't really need to and are so self-involved at times that it doesn't even really matter? Kind of hard to know without specifics. :p
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.

Meh. I don't know.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.

Meh. I don't know.
Nah, people say the same of me. Mainly to do with me seeming within myself or maybe even coming off as cold or disinterested.

But I didn't grow up with sisters, so dunno :p
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well please tell me. Why ARE kids lame. Because I'm pretty sure that I was REALLY cool even as a kid....

WAIT. D:

I did it again.



I am self centered because. I am. I do things without even thinking of how it might affect someone else. I don't even know if I used the right form of affect.effect there. STFU.
You used it right, no worries.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
;-; At least I'm self-aware. I'm a loser and I'm lame, but I KNOW it, so it's ok, right? RIGHT?:arf

Maliciousness isn't my intent, but my ignorance is so potent that it manifests itself as pernicious purpose. I don't know if that's any different when it comes to results.
What does loser and lame mean in your world?

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.

Meh. I don't know.
I'm pretty sure that not caring is not such a bad thing...what's more important is where your priorities lie in caring...I think so anyways...and those priorities change from time to time so I wouldn't worry:p
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I don't know. :/ Over time, I've had several people ask me how to 'not feel'. About two weeks ago, my sister asked me how I "choose not to care". My own sister. Apparently I'm so wrapped up in myself, that I convey the attitude or ability of not caring/feeling for others. It's true that I can set up those types of emotional barricades when I need them, but I'm not completely emotionless.

Meh. I don't know.
You said you had cried over your dead bird, right? I guess it's not that you're emotionless, you're perhaps reluctant or even afraid to form attachments to people. Can it be that you seem cold and distant because you don't trust people and do fear that they'll disappoint you in the end? I don't know you well but you don't strike me as an unsympathetic person, perhaps all you need to do is be more open to social relationships. If things don't go as expected, that'll be their loss. :)
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Nah, people say the same of me. Mainly to do with me seeming within myself or maybe even coming off as cold or disinterested.

But I didn't grow up with sisters, so dunno :p
If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw. :fail And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.

What do you tell people when they say things like that to you, or ask you those types of questions? I never really know what to say, so I either just sort of shrug it off or change the subject. Or worse... agree with them. In retrospect, that's probably not a very good way of proving that I actually have feelings. :cookiehand

You used it right, no worries.
That one always messes me up.

What does loser and lame mean in your world?

I'm pretty sure that not caring is not such a bad thing...what's more important is where your priorities lie in caring...I think so anyways...and those priorities change from time to time so I wouldn't worry:p
Hmmm. Not really sure, actually. To be honest, I typically use them more as endearing or playful terms when I say them to people.

And you actually have a good point there, Bene. Most of the time it's a really good thing to not give a shit about several things. Amen to that. But sometimes they will be addressing things like "you don't care about us/our relationship". Or the most recent one, when I was asked "how do you choose not to care?" and I wanted the question to be more specific the response was, "how do you choose not to care about our dad"? I just sort of freeze up and UGH.

But I know it's not all true because me worrying about it is a sign that I do have emotions over it. So that's a good start. I just don't know how to convey that to other people when it matters, or if it's really even necessary to try. Maybe it doesn't matter.

You said you had cried over your dead bird, right? I guess it's not that you're emotionless, you're perhaps reluctant or even afraid to form attachments to people. Can it be that you seem cold and distant because you don't trust people and do fear that they'll disappoint you in the end? I don't know you well but you don't strike me as an unsympathetic person, perhaps all you need to do is be more open to social relationships. If things don't go as expected, that'll be their loss. :)
You have a good memory, Miyagi. XD I think my wording was something like, "if my bird dies, I will sob my eyes out." I definitely wouldn't do it in front of other people though. How awkward would that be.

It's true that I hate disappointment, but I don't get disappointed very often anymore because I don't set up unrealistic expectations the way I used to. I'm more worried about being a disappointment to others in that light. I would rather be disappointed by someone else than to be the let-down myself. But I'm sure almost everyone feels that way most of the time.

You're asking too many questions about feels! :iik
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It definitely messes tons of people up. Though I rarely mix 'em up, I can understand how that happens.

Also, if you were emotionless and cold, you wouldn't feel sad if anything happened to your bird. As Miyavi said, you just built a wall or very much hesitate to form a bond due to couple of reasons, like fear of letting others down.

Pretty sure it'll happen one way or another, so there's no point in being scared about that. Just be the best person you can be, and you will let others down very infrequently. Being detached definitely lets people down because they want to be friends with you, but you won't let them. So shouldn't that make you want to be more open, because you're less likely to let people down.

Unless you're reading the map and get them so lost because you thought the city was in another state. :cookiestare

:derp
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw. :fail And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.

What do you tell people when they say things like that to you, or ask you those types of questions? I never really know what to say, so I either just sort of shrug it off or change the subject. Or worse... agree with them. In retrospect, that's probably not a very good way of proving that I actually have feelings. :cookiehand
It's generally a sign that you are saying something that strongly upsets them. There is no other reason for them to lash out and say such a nasty thing. I doubt they mean it. It's probably just an easy attack vector for them. The only way to keep them from doing that as frequently is (ironically) by not really caring. The problem with siblings is that they can pick up on your insecurities way faster than anyone else.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
If it was people I didn't really know (therefore don't actually know me), then it wouldn't bother me. But it's been people I consider my closest friends and then my sister was the last straw. :fail And the worst part is that is always comes as a shock when people call me cold-hearted and what not.

What do you tell people when they say things like that to you, or ask you those types of questions? I never really know what to say, so I either just sort of shrug it off or change the subject. Or worse... agree with them. In retrospect, that's probably not a very good way of proving that I actually have feelings. :cookiehand
I don't know, I don't care. Even my family might say something like that, but I know they're wrong. Just because I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, doesn't mean I don't feel or care. It's not necessarily what you say that shows whether you care, it's also what you do. Not sure why your sister is saying that, but it seems like something someone would say when they're upset. I wouldn't put too much weight in it.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've been talking with my brother about science project ideas in Moorea. I confess I'm really annoyed because he is a gifted biologist and he's instead working as a software programmer. Goddammit! I want to tell him to stop lazing about, go back to undergrad, get a freaking PhD in biology, and get a freaking Nobel Prize! He's just brilliant about how to test biological systems uniquely. Then again he's also a huge asshole sometimes. He's just got it in him to be the next Venter but he's not going back to school yet. Argh!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
You feel old because you're 19? :gtfo

I'm turning 35 in November. I'm almost twice your age. You were born near the end of my first year in high school.
:p
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I enjoyed my time in Berlin, but I hate most of the people I went with. Before the exchange, one of the group vows was not to create a clique even though it happened anyway. Obviously certain people will be closer to some than with others; however, it's sad that the only time all eighteen of us ever hung out together was with our professors.

I even created a Facebook group hoping that my classmates would get to know each other better there by planning an outing, helping each other with homework, posting photos, etc., but it remained dead the entire time it would actually come in handy.

A girl actually told me on the last day, "I probably won't see you again"- in other words, she meant that she has no desire to see me again; whatever, I don't either. There's a reunion in October that I don't feel like going to because the classmate I was closest to stayed behind in Berlin. (It was so much easier talking to guys than girls.)

I probably had high expectations because the group I went with on a similar program two years ago felt much more unified. I got to know people I wouldn't normally talk to, and everyone was invited whenever someone wanted to go out for dinner or something.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I am absolutely pissed at how the drivers seem to want to get in an accident nowadays.

I also confess I have a burning desire to kidnap anyone who puts their shopping cart in middle of a parking spot or parking lot and torture them painfully, and beat the shit out of them. Then fine their family 50% of their income every year for this bullshittery, 80% for people who can't take the extra ten steps to put the shopping cart in the sport designed for it in the parking lot.


I've become a very jaded individual thanks to the douchey asshole drivers and lazy fucktards.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top