Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I forgot to mention that I saw a trailer for Ender's Game in IMAX 3D as well.

*_________*
Is that a "wow" or a "wtf did they just do" smilie? :D
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell


Perfect Blue >>>>>>> Black Swan

That plot twist!!! :zomg
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Who could possibly dislike Tom Hanks?
I actually don't like the last decade of Tom Hanks very much... but I'm really a fan of the first 20 years of his career


And guys... why do you watch dubbed movies?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I actually don't like the last decade of Tom Hanks very much... but I'm really a fan of the first 20 years of his career


And guys... why do you watch dubbed movies?
Fair enough. I haven't actually seen most of his recent movies. I didn't care about the Dan Brown movies honestly. Trying to remember the last thing he did that I saw...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Terminal? that was a good movie.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Terminal? that was a good movie.
I didn't see it. Aside from The Ladykillers (which I fell asleep during), I'm not sure I've seen a Tom Hanks movie since Cast Away. :huh
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Captain America 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past both look promising. Waiting for the "Amazing Spiderman 2" trailer next.

Thanks again for the post, goldb.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Forget all of these blockbuster superhero movies :

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Aside from the trailer spoiling the whole movie, why did it take them soooo long to make a movie from one of the most famous toys of the world!?

Saw Michelangelo inbetween the forum scene, I hope he get's more than that little cameo. :)
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Anyone watched 12 years a slave yet?


It's going to be ages before its released here.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Desolation of Smaug looks pretty good! The Hobbit was a great movie as it was, so if the sequel is any better, minds will be blown.
 

Freid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,211
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now you see me is such an amazing movie. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Morgan Freeman was faultless as usual, and the dude from The Social Network was just as good. His voice is just made to play witty sharp mouthed characters. I don't think there are very many people in Hollywood that can do douchebaggery like he can. The hulk did a pretty good job in this too.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it..and even if you have, see it again :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Now you see me is such an amazing movie. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Morgan Freeman was faultless as usual, and the dude from The Social Network was just as good. His voice is just made to play witty sharp mouthed characters. I don't think there are very many people in Hollywood that can do douchebaggery like he can. The hulk did a pretty good job in this too.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it..and even if you have, see it again :)
Agreed.

I saw Thor 2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 on wednesday. While I'd never seen the first installment, the movie did an amazing job to summarise it, whilst also maintaining the fun start to the film and also kept it brief. The movie itself, I'd say is pretty straight forward, as you'd expect from an animation aimed at a younger audience. It does though, not lack or let down in its humour, soundtrack and music, characters and numerous, numerous food puns. I would've gladly gone to see the film for the puns alone. Glorious stuff, and brilliant how creative the names, and foodimals( food+animals) designs were.

Thor: Dark World was for me, better than the first. Before the movie was released, I'd heard that the Loki character had been given more scenes in the film than originally planned and how wonderful that made it. Tom Hiddlestone is simply brilliant as Loki. The comedy from the first movie carries over to this one too and there's many gags and references about the Avengers and the New York incident.

The disappointing part for me is that there seemed to be a lot of talk, though for good reasons, but it seemed excessive at times, and would rather have had it replaced with some more action scenes. I do not like Natalie Portman or her character. The moment she appears on screen, everything goes tits up.
Also I would've liked for the Warriors Three and Sith to have had a bigger part in the film; it seems even less than what they had in the first. Heimdall got more screen time though.

Action was never going to be a problem, with the final fight sequence reminded me a bit of the one from Man of Steel. If you've seen both, you'll know what I mean.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Saw Riddick, mediocre but entertaining to watch, clearly limited by budged as it seems or it was all wasted
on those hyena/scorpion monsters and kept on one planet,
but seeing Diesel put so much into the movie I still enjoyed it.

The Wolverine was similar, but Logan being
handicapped by Viper/Madame Hydra became disappointing quiet fast, even if it was part of the actualy plot and made sense. :P Can't even remember them mentioning HYDRA, but the different studios may be at fault here. The weird usage of the Silver Samurai without naming him so and it just being a robot was disappointing too.

Didn't expect We're the Millers to be any good, but it was probably the most entertaining of the three, but those body short with Aniston stripping in her movies are too much. Yeah we already got that you are a 40somthing year old woman with a fit body.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Now you see me is such an amazing movie. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Morgan Freeman was faultless as usual, and the dude from The Social Network was just as good. His voice is just made to play witty sharp mouthed characters. I don't think there are very many people in Hollywood that can do douchebaggery like he can. The hulk did a pretty good job in this too.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it..and even if you have, see it again :)
Really? I found it very cheesy. I had to struggle through it. The smug Freeman monologues became a running joke for me.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Now You See Me's first three quarters were decent. I found it really entertaining until the last quarter. And that plot twist was just uninspired and meh.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
How was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2? The first one was pretty good.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I watched Jack Reacher today and I must say this movie was really good. It's an action thriller in the seventies style. No superfluous action scenes with an unbelievable amount of gun shots, bombed cars and impossible car chases. A decenty storytelling movie with great acting of Tom Cruise and Rosamund Pike

An unexpected nice surprise and I hope that Jack Reacher will get a sequel
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Didn't expect We're the Millers to be any good, but it was probably the most entertaining of the three, but those body short with Aniston stripping in her movies are too much. Yeah we already got that you are a 40somthing year old woman with a fit body.
I felt the exact same way. Seeing the trailer for that movie I didn't think I'd ever want to see it, but then my GF said it was actually pretty funny. And although it was nothing very special (and I'll probably forget about it pretty quickly) it did have some funny moments. But Jennifer Aniston should just be allowed to act in a decent movie without taking her clothes off (I felt the same way with Horrible Bosses). In general, I like her acting a lot more recently than I used to, so it's a shame she seems to only get cast in "hot middle-age woman" roles.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

An unexpected nice surprise and I hope that Jack Reacher will get a sequel
I heard that movie flopped in the US (grossing $80m or so), but then cashed in another like $150 million internationally. It's hard to say in those cases whether international success is enough to spawn a sequel or if they're too afraid even less Americans will go see the second one...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top