Done Two Images + Potential Innuendo

Selkie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada

新たな時代に誘われて。。。
Invited by a new age...

はるかの貴重なパンチラ!!
Haruka's precious underwear!

。。。何をしてるんだいみちる。。。
...Michiru, what are you doing...?

だってスカートのはるかってレアなんだもの
It's because Haruka in a skirt is so rare / It's because Haruka's skirt is so rare

I feel like the second translation is more accurate, but makes less sense (I'm reasonably certain on the other lines, but this one is puzzling me).


ほんとだ
It's true

シャンプーかえてみたの
You tried to change your shampoo

どうせ同じつかってるんだろ
In any case, I'm using the same (shampoo)

Most unsure about the final sentence, especially the use of どうせ

Also, is うな重 innuendo for something? I have a character - who is also a big flirt - saying it a few times, so I was wondering.
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
新たな時代に誘われて。。。
Invited by a new age...
I'm actually not sure about this one...
Perhaps...
Being lured by a new age/generation ...

はるかの貴重なパンチラ!!
Haruka's precious underwear!
You may want to start with "A glimpse of."

。。。何をしてるんだいみちる。。。
...Michiru, what are you doing...?
fine

だってスカートのはるかってレアなんだもの
It's because Haruka in a skirt is so rare / It's because Haruka's skirt is so rare
I feel like the second translation is more accurate, but makes less sense (I'm reasonably certain on the other lines, but this one is puzzling me).
スカートのはるかってレアなんだもの
= スカート姿のはるかはめずらしいから
= はるかがスカートをはいているのは、めずらしい/めったに無い から

Your first one is more accurate than your 2nd.


ほんとだ It's true
The guy says: "You're right."

シャンプーかえてみたの
You tried to change your shampoo
The girl says: "I changed my shampoo." / "I used different shampoo for a change."

どうせ同じつかってるんだろ
In any case, I'm using the same (shampoo)

Most unsure about the final sentence, especially the use of どうせ
Perhaps a 3rd person says:
I'm sure she used the same one(=shampoo) anyway. / Anyhow, she must have used the same one.
I knew it!!

If that is an internal voice/thought of the guy, use "you" instead of "she."

Also, is うな重 innuendo for something? I have a character - who is also a big flirt - saying it a few times, so I was wondering.
I can only think of うな重, BBQ/grilled eel over rice: Japanese wiki link with a picture.

---------- Post added November 11, 2013 at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was November 08, 2013 at 11:28 PM ----------

Perhaps a 3rd person says:
I'm sure she used the same one(=shampoo) anyway. / Anyhow, she must have used the same one.
I knew it!!

If that is an internal voice/thought of the guy, use "you" instead of "she."
どうせ同じのつかってるんだろ!!!
どうせ~だろう

Anyway and anyhow are fine, but I kinda like it better with "still."

I bet she still used the same one(=shampoo)!!!

* she/you
 
Top