Only here for the food.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Nay. First, I won't kill people and second, even if I'm going to kill someone, it will be for a very good reason and with a lot of regrets.
This, combined with your "I'm still human" comment above, can easily make someone think that you are a half-vampire who keeps the prey alive no matter what, albeit barely :fan
But yeah, no fireworks in this murder case. Hence I called it rather "Russian". It's plain and simple.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Well, I think it's rather obvious that having all kinds of moods comes with being human.
Hmmm true, I guess both good and bad moods make you human. Though your humanity can be questioned sometimes :derp
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

I'm not into reading Russian literatures. I've only read Anton Chekov's plays, and only because of my drama class. Even recognizing the names of Russian authors is somewhat of a feat in here, since Indonesian people are mostly ignorant of literature.

I also had to read Discipline and Punish, because I use the Panopticon theory for my thesis.
The other book I read by him is Power/Knowledge. Actually that's the book that started my interest in his theories.
Didn't know there was something special about Russian authors that would make them so much diffrent. Well maybe the length of their books, but anyway. I guess Russia being somewhat nearer helps in knowing the big names like Tolstoy or Solzhenitzyn. Most of those are only known to people because of their works touching common history though, I think, so in the end, it's good at least you know some of them =)

Ah, the Panopticon... too bad the few prisons built like that were closed. How does that fit in with english literature (wasn't it?) though?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Hmmm true, I guess both good and bad moods make you human. Though your humanity can be questioned sometimes :derp
Being human and humanity are two different things.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Didn't know there was something special about Russian authors that would make them so much diffrent. Well maybe the length of their books, but anyway. I guess Russia being somewhat nearer helps in knowing the big names like Tolstoy or Solzhenitzyn. Most of those are only known to people because of their works touching common history though, I think, so in the end, it's good at least you know some of them =)

Ah, the Panopticon... too bad the few prisons built like that were closed. How does that fit in with english literature (wasn't it?) though?
Well, for the people here, Russia is like alien world or something. We sure know UK or US, but Russia..? We know it only from history.
I know those names just because I pay attention to literature and the name of the famous authors.

Surprise, surprise... My thesis is about Psycho Pass not english literature.
The prisons might be closed, but who knows if the Panopticon actually still exists so close to us...?
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Surprise, surprise... My thesis is about Psycho Pass not english literature.
The prisons might be closed, but who knows if the Panopticon actually still exists so close to us...?
Psycho Pass? should watch that show to see how it goes together with Foucault...

The Panopticon as a concept transisting its physical form? Why, yes, with all the cameras and surveillance around. We still didn't quite reach an orwellian level with it though. Speaking of which, was the american/british surveillance scandal of any importance to you? Or rather, brought up at all in the media?
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Life. Life happens to me in reality.

If you're familiar in that area, then you'll have no problem to connect ドーS and ドーM with BDSM.
And what happens in your life? School, uni, work, apocalypses?

Ah, what about the D? Don't you want the D?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

This, combined with your "I'm still human" comment above, can easily make someone think that you are a half-vampire who keeps the prey alive no matter what, albeit barely :fan
But yeah, no fireworks in this murder case. Hence I called it rather "Russian". It's plain and simple.
OMG, I just read this post. :fail

not half-vampire, 100% human, though your comment about keeping the prey alive is right on the mark...

I like some mysteries around the murder case, thank you very much.

Psycho Pass? should watch that show to see how it goes together with Foucault...

The Panopticon as a concept transisting its physical form? Why, yes, with all the cameras and surveillance around. We still didn't quite reach an orwellian level with it though. Speaking of which, was the american/british surveillance scandal of any importance to you? Or rather, brought up at all in the media?
You haven't watched it?

No, thankfully not to the orwellian level. :oh
Not really. I mean I read some things about it but I'm not really interested in it. I think it's because it doesn't concern me directly. And no, not brought up in media (except internet of course, but you can only find it if you actually look for it). Media over here mostly just sucks. Either they talk about corruption or gossips. But hey, probably that's because those things are the only big things happening in here...

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

And what happens in your life? School, uni, work, apocalypses?

Ah, what about the D? Don't you want the D?
Uni. And apocalypse.

Nope. Forget about the B and D.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

And what happens in your life? School, uni, work, apocalypses?

Ah, what about the D? Don't you want the D?
Uni. And apocalypse.

Nope. Forget about the B and D.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

OMG, I just read this post. :fail

not half-vampire, 100% human, though your comment about keeping the prey alive is right on the mark...

I like some mysteries around the murder case, thank you very much.
Vampirism can be linked to that keeping alive status as a good analogy. But true, you don't "feed" on the prey to take it a step further.

I guessed so. I didn't think you'd love a dull pace of character development over a puzzle solving series of action.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Uni. And apocalypse.

Nope. Forget about the B and D.
So what do you study? :nod
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Vampirism can be linked to that keeping alive status as a good analogy. But true, you don't "feed" on the prey to take it a step further.

I guessed so. I didn't think you'd love a dull pace of character development over a puzzle solving series of action.
IMO, humans can be more terrifying than vampires anyway... At least vampire preys on humans because they need to drink human's blood to stay alive, but human preying on another human..?

Yep. I always love a good mystery. I can forgive the plot not being puzzling as long as the characters are the ones who are puzzling instead.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

So what do you study? :nod
I study English. :gent
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

I study English. :gent
That's boring. Where did you live before you joined The Wall?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

IMO, humans can be more terrifying than vampires anyway... At least vampire preys on humans because they need to drink human's blood to stay alive, but human preying on another human..?

Yep. I always love a good mystery. I can forgive the plot not being puzzling as long as the characters are the ones who are puzzling instead.
Hmm. Same goes for humans, no? If you don't feed your ego, it will haunt back to devour your own self instead.

Isn't that a bit vague, though? Every character has a mysterious side to himself, in various degrees, of course.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

You haven't watched it?

No, thankfully not to the orwellian level. :oh
Not really. I mean I read some things about it but I'm not really interested in it. I think it's because it doesn't concern me directly. And no, not brought up in media (except internet of course, but you can only find it if you actually look for it). Media over here mostly just sucks. Either they talk about corruption or gossips. But hey, probably that's because those things are the only big things happening in here...
No ma'am. Is it that good?

As for media, never heard anything else, no matter where :XD In the end, we're responsible for getting informed ourselves.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

No ma'am. Is it that good?
Stay away from Psycho Pass if you really like cool characters. If you think story > characters, watch it.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

That's boring. Where did you live before you joined The Wall?
No, it's not boring. I get to learn a lot of other things aside from literature and linguistic. Psychology, philosophy, culture, theater and film, media, creative writing, etc. It's a lot of fun, but I guess it still depends on whether you like that kind of stuffs or not.

I lived in a kingdom called Ylisse. :mono

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Hmm. Same goes for humans, no? If you don't feed your ego, it will haunt back to devour your own self instead.

Isn't that a bit vague, though? Every character has a mysterious side to himself, in various degrees, of course.
It's not exactly a justifying reason though.

Nah, I mean puzzling as being really unusual. The characters who look shallow but actually hide an abyss inside them.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

No ma'am. Is it that good?

As for media, never heard anything else, no matter where :XD In the end, we're responsible for getting informed ourselves.
Out of five, I'll probably give four, but mostly because that series is really thought-provoking.

Indeed. But we can't expect to inform ourselves of things we are ignorant of.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Stay away from Psycho Pass if you really like cool characters. If you think story > characters, watch it.
But hey, I think the characters are good enough. Akane is probably best out of the lot, though I admire Makishima because he's well-read.
 
Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

It's not exactly a justifying reason though.

Nah, I mean puzzling as being really unusual. The characters who look shallow but actually hide an abyss inside them.
I know. There are always other ways to do that.

Ah, I see now. Someone with a deeper background than what he shows on surface.

But hey, I think the characters are good enough. Akane is probably best out of the lot, though I admire Makishima because he's well-read.
The characters are really good, except for one small fact that
My two favourite characters die, Makishima and Ginoza's father.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

No, it's not boring. I get to learn a lot of other things aside from literature and linguistic. Psychology, philosophy, culture, theater and film, media, creative writing, etc. It's a lot of fun, but I guess it still depends on whether you like that kind of stuffs or not.

I lived in a kingdom called Ylisse. :mono
Well, that sounds more interesting than just "English". Why did you choose this direction?

And I've played enough FE in my life to know that's not true. :nod
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

I know. There are always other ways to do that.

Ah, I see now. Someone with a deeper background than what he shows on surface.
Yeah. That's why if there's any creature on earth that I fear the most, it's human.

Yep. That kind of guy. :3

The characters are really good, except for one small fact that
My two favourite characters die, Makishima and Ginoza's father.
Ah... yeah.
That's a letdown, indeed. I honestly can't imagine Psycho-Pass season 2 without Makishima. :(

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Well, that sounds more interesting than just "English". Why did you choose this direction?

And I've played enough FE in my life to know that's not true. :nod
Honestly, it's just because I love to read and analyze and reflect on stories. Nothing else.

I'm the avatar. :om (Wait, that sounds like something else entirely)
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Someone opened the gates of hell and forgot to close it.

Ugh.. :fail
 
Top