Fall NFL Thread

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Still funny.

The NFC East is an atrocity!! :confetti
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man, great trade by the Ravens this week. LT Egene Monroe for a 4th and 5th round pick. A good young left tackle for the price seems like a steal to me.

By contrast my Steelers traded for LT Levi brown in a clear desperation move.(an idiotic desperation move IMO)
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He isn't THAT young, but plenty of tread on the tires hopefully. Will be interesting to see how he performs on a team that actually tries to win.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He isn't THAT young, but plenty of tread on the tires hopefully. Will be interesting to see how he performs on a team that actually tries to win.
He's 26 and a very talented left tackle. That's a great investment in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As opposed to say Levi Brown who's 29, has a fairly big contract hanging over his head, and was rumored to have been on the brink of getting cut if the Steelers hadn't traded for him. Which I just don't get. So we're renting an older pricier version of Mike Adams for a year, which screws up our cap situation further all so we can...do what exactly? We're 0-4 and it's not out of the realm of reason we could be headed for 1-2 win season.

We're not beating the Ravens, Packers, Patriots, Lions, Bengals, or Dolphins. And unless we improve significantly we're not beating the Browns or Bills. So assuming we can pull off wins against the Jets at home as we come off a bye and the Raiders in Oakland (which is not looking certain) we Steeler fans could be looking at a 2 win season. Trading for players just doesn't make any sense in that situation unless the front office is starting to get scared of going winless. Which seems unlikely but I suppose isn't impossible.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He's 26 and very a talented left tackle. That's a great investment in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As opposed to say Levi Brown who's 29, has a fairly big contract hanging over his head, and was rumored to have been on the brink of getting cut if the Steelers hadn't traded for him. Which I just don't get. So we're renting an older pricier version of Mike Adams for a year, which screws up our cap situation further all so we can...do what exactly? We're 0-4 and it's not out of the realm of reason we could be headed for 1-2 win season.

We're not beating the Ravens, Packers, Patriots, Lions, Bengals, or Dolphins. And unless we improve significantly we're not beating the Browns or Bills. So assuming we can pull off wins against the Jets at home as we come off a bye and the Raiders in Oakland (which is not looking certain) we Steeler fans could be looking at a 2 win season. Trading for players just doesn't make any sense in that situation unless the front office is starting to get scared of going winless. Which seems unlikely but I suppose isn't impossible.
Ah, I read an article that said we was almost 29....wow, good reporting :lmao

---------- Post added October 09, 2013 at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 02, 2013 at 05:15 PM ----------

http://redsk.in/1cwejoe

...lol

So he's quoting support from Native Americans and naming Native Americans who were on the inaugural team. It just seems like a bunch of excuses to me, sorry.

There's a reason the Cleveland Indians have stopped using that goofy Chief Wahoo logo as much - it's an offensive caricature, and no different than the use of pickaninnies being used to represent African-Americans. The team name should still be reconsidered, but the "disappearance" (for the most part) of the logo has quieted complaints that have gone on for more than 20 years. If the logo isn't used, it just equates to a misnomer, and not necessarily something offensive. It's the imagery in that case that offends people. There's also a reason the Atlanta Braves got rid of dancing Chief Noc-A-Homa and that stupid teepee in the stands.

Despite the NCAA being completely inept most of the time, they at least did something right by getting rid of the images/names being used by their universities, except in cases where they're given permission (FSU Seminoles). The problem is a "redskin" isn't representative of any specific group, it's a racial epithet in reference to an entire population of people. It doesn't really matter that it isn't used as much as others, it's still a part of our country's unfortunate history. It is what it is. No one would be okay with an epithet referring to other ethnic groups being used in the same way just because the team owner quotes sources who "aren't offended" by it. It isn't about what some "fan polls" say, It's about common sense and good taste here.

Coming from a family of Baltimore Colts fans, I completely understand the nostalgia, civic pride, and attachment fans can feel to names and logos, but come on. The only thing more ridiculous than the continued use of "Redskin" is Daniel Snyder's continued excuse-making and justification of it's use. If you have to justify it over and over again, isn't it obvious something is amiss? The Washington Wizards aren't the Bullets anymore just because of the DC murder rate! A franchise's past is it's past, regardless of the names, logos, or colors. I don't know why he clings to it so much, rebranding the team in some way just when the team seems to have the talent and hype around it wouldn't really hurt the franchise too much if done correctly. The NFL is the supreme revenue-sharing league after all. The only thing that mattered would be results.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I can't believe that we just won that game. It looked like we'd done everything possible to lose that game in the fourth quarter, but an unbelievable drive beats the Saints at the end.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Those are awful parodies, Gary.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Blame the internet
Well, obviously you didn't create them, but you brought them into my sight. I'm not blaming you at all. :P
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, obviously you didn't create them, but you brought them into my sight. I'm not blaming you at all. :P
I'll make sure to run any pics I might post by you beforehand now...

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, obviously you didn't create them, but you brought them into my sight. I'm not blaming you at all. :P
I'm gonna go ahead and blame him.:eyeroll
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm really not. Steelers lost. I don't like it but it happens. And I'm not really of the mindset that either the Steelers or the Ravens are legit contenders so in the grand scheme of things I don't think it matters that much.

The Tomlin thing was funny, I thought. It was totally intentional and he's probably gonna get a fine for it but those parody images are just kinda dumb. It should at least be photoshopped to look like he's tripping somebody. Though watching it live is way funnier regardless.

I enjoyed Flacco's comment of "He pulled my move."
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm really not. Steelers lost. I don't like it but it happens. And I'm not really of the mindset that either the Steelers or the Ravens are legit contenders so in the grand scheme of things I don't think it matters that much.

The Tomlin thing was funny, I thought. It was totally intentional and he's probably gonna get a fine for it but those parody images are just kinda dumb. Watching it live is way funnier.

I enjoyed Flacco's comment of "He pulled my move."
Well, I enjoy them for some reason :XD

Oh yeah, because of Flacco's comment about tackling the guy in the Super Bowl...lol

---------- Post added December 01, 2013 at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was November 29, 2013 at 04:58 PM ----------

 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's awesome.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Forget RG3 getting hit there, apparently you can be tackled by the junk as well
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Forget RG3 getting hit there, apparently you can be tackled by the junk as well
I hadn't realized that he got hit there. I thought it was just an overdramatic fall.

Junk hitting is supposed to be a personal foul.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The RG3 thing looked like an accident, but with Aldon Smith, who knows.

I don't think Vernon Davis was actually hit there, it just looks that way from a distance.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The RG3 thing looked like an accident, but with Aldon Smith, who knows.

I don't think Vernon Davis was actually hit there, it just looks that way from a distance.
Davis looks like he just jumps backward at the end, so it's hard to tell. I didn't think there was contact at all originally.
 
Top