Mag Talk Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The main thing that triggered Shingeki no Kyojin became well known in the public is the special chapter which was released in WSM. After that, SnK's sale was boost into about current AC's current tank sale.
Really? Then it makes sense. But, even so, a success like SnK is very hard to find.
I began to follow SnK one year or so ago, together with the most of people that read it currently, so I don't know much about its past. It began its serialization already selling well or was it just normal?
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
The main thing that triggered Shingeki no Kyojin became well known in the public is the special chapter which was released in WSM. After that, SnK's sale was boost into about current AC's current tank sale.
When was that exactly? I remember that in 2011 SnK was already quite big.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Really? Then it makes sense. But, even so, a success like SnK is very hard to find.
Even so, I think it is better to do nothing. Plus, I think it would benefit for BSM series to release the special chapter in more publicly well known magazine. Even SnK helped to increase BSM's circulation, its circulation is still low.

I began to follow SnK one year or so ago, together with the most of people that read it currently, so I don't know much about its past. It began its serialization already selling well or was it just normal?
The volume 1 failed to ranked on top 30 when it was released (March of 2010), but it was able to ranked on November of 2010, but just for one week; volume 2 did barely made into top 30 (back on that time, no one released top 50).

Shingeki no Kyojin begin to sell crazy from the volume 3 which was released one day after the special chapter was released on WSM.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was Rivaille special, then, pretty early. This is something that should be considered, if the series is too long already, the impact with a special chapter is smaller, I believe. They should begin these promotions since the beggining.
Well, too much things to theorize. Let's just see what will happen. xD
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It was Rivaille special, then, pretty early.
Actually, the special chapter focused on Ilse Langer (the character only appeared on that special chapter).

This is something that should be considered, if the series is too long already, the impact with a special chapter is smaller, I believe. They should begin these promotions since the beggining.
Well, too much things to theorize. Let's just see what will happen. xD
They did released a special chapter for Doubutsu no Kuni and Sankarea, but it didn't able to increase its popularity.

For recent issues, they did released a special chapters for several young series (Arslan Senki (well, technically, it just released the chapter 1 again), Fujimi Lovers, Houkago Sword Club, D.D.D., Nakamura Koedo to Daizu Keisuke wa Umaku Ikanai, and Diabolo no Soup (on next issue)), but there is still no movement yet.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well Bessatsu was a new magazine at that time so things were different.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bessatsu Shonen Magazine started in September 2009, Attack On Titan started serializing the same month.
Yeah, I know. And I don't think K-dom is meant on that.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I finally got the Doubutsu no Kuni Edited Mangas done. They're all on my group's site, http://hiwamatanoboru.com/ We got volumes 3-12 all done. So now we're all caught up. Next volume comes out about a week from now. But you can all go read that if you want. I wrote a huge history of the project on there, and how things went down, too.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Thanks a lot. That must have been plenty of frustration. I guess you feel satisfied by so many work finally be recognized.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd basically already said established this, but Raiku said on his blog that volume 14 would be the last volume of Doubutsu no Kuni. Specifically, that 4 chapters remain if you count this December one (V13 goes to everything before this chapter). So it'll end in February.
http://raikumakoto.com/archives/8130646.html

Here's a bit better image of the cover he put up.


Once I get my physical version I'll scan it for our Edited Mangas and stuff.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'd basically already said established this, but Raiku said on his blog that volume 14 would be the last volume of Doubutsu no Kuni. Specifically, that 4 chapters remain if you count this December one (V13 goes to everything before this chapter). So it'll end in February.
http://raikumakoto.com/archives/8130646.html
Then, I wonder if Raiku going to remain in Kodansha or move to different magazine. I'm going to be really surprised if he returns to Shogakukan.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Their collaboration didn't end in really good terms so that's not really a question. Do we know how the suing issue ended ?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Their collaboration didn't end in really good terms so that's not really a question. Do we know how the suing issue ended ?
Well, Kewl0210 said it'll end of February, then it must be March Issue.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, he says 4 chapters including this one. So logically 3 more issues unless one is skipped. Raiku also only put half a chapter in each issue one time, around the volume 9 area. So around the March issue it'll end.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, Kewl0210 said it'll end of February, then it must be March Issue.
I'm talking about the fact that he sued Shogakugan for losing his Zatchbell pages.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is confirmed Higuchi Shinji will be the new director for the upcoming live-adaptation movie Shingeki no Kyojin, taking over Nakashima Tetusya.

Also, the release date is again postponed from 2014 to 2015.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Shingeki no Kyoujin (including guidebooks and spin offs): 21 Volumes, 30,000,000 in print. According to Manga News Japon, the circulation of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine has quadrupled since the Shingeki anime began in April 2013.
 
Top