I didn't start anything. In fact, I was also against gnut's argument. That's how got into it. So, "they started a mess" is wrong.
There is also the fierce attack thing. Mafia loves to blend in, and situations like this gives Mafia a chance to blend in. However, without these conflicts, nothing ever goes on, so, it's a win-win for both sides, especially when the game is young enough and townies know nothing.
Besides, assuming gnut is a mafia member, I might look from his perspective. Why would a mafia member, with no information at hand as he is pretending to be a townie, work so earnestly towards an unlikely lynch? Sure, taking shots at opportunities are fine, but even after getting his argument countered multiple times, he hasn't taken a step back. The insistent act he keeps up will mean he won't be able to say sorry and get his name in the clear if we were to kill wizzard and see that he's a townie.
That said, this doesn't make his argument look any better for me. I said what I wanted to say on that matter.
No matter how I look at it, to me, this looks just like a wrong assessment on his part.
Actually, now, this feels more like "I'm going to frame gnut, but to be on the safe side, let's add in X to lump them together, so, my argument seems more legit", wouldn't you agree? Maybe it's not someone else's style or maybe it's not even my style, but style is not important for many, so, I might look over that detail for this once.
So.. maybe you should come after me instead. After all, I just posted a goddamn long post that defends gnut, the target of your argument and again, I'd probably be voting for you, had the phase ended this very moment.