Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
That image really makes me want to see the anime... Further information will be announced in the following issue, according to the image anyway.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If I haven't misunderstood, further information will keep coming in the following issue(s), according to the image anyway.
That's how usually happens on the anime announcement.

They just announce that certain going to get anime and more information about animation (like studio and casts) is released later.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
That's how usually happens on the anime announcement.

They just announce that certain going to get anime and more information about animation (like studio and casts) is released later.
Didn't know that. I wonder if the OVA will be done first as to cover the one shot released in Miracle Jump and not released in the volume, seeing the crew members often refer to what happened.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't know that. I wonder if the OVA will be done first as to cover the one shot released in Miracle Jump and not released in the volume, seeing the crew members often refer to what happened.
I think the OVA will likely cover the one shot and volume 1 of the manga so it'll probably be out before the TV series or out at roughly the same time
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 12 Cover HQ:


---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Issue 12:
Kamen Teacher Black (Cover, Lead CP)
All You Need Is Kill
Kingdom
Tokyo Ghoul
Usogui
Terra Formars (CP)
Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Bakumatsu Gurentai
Boku Girl
Nipongo
Gunjou Senki (CP)
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
81 Diver
Kakuriyo Monogatari
Nejimaki Kagyuu
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
Samurai Soldier
Hamatora (CP, Change to Monthly Releases)
Zetman
Mongrel
WxY (End)
Innocent

Grand Slam, Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Absent)

Kamen Teacher Black


Terra Formars


Gunjou Senki


Hamatora


Issue 13:
Lead CP: Barcelona no Taiyou (New Series by Murakami Yoshiyuki)
CP: Real, Tokyo Ghoul, Kakuriyo Monogatari
Absent: Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Innocent
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Come on Mongrel. Keep fighting....
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
....after reading 143, I'm now no longer sure if Nejimaki will end soon. Though I guess it could...especially with the rush of new series that Kaizou was talking about. Still that was a twist.

...Sorry to keep taking over the thread like this, but no one talks in the Nejimaki thread...it's cold and lonely in there.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
....after reading 143, I'm now no longer sure if Nejimaki will end soon. Though I guess it could...especially with the rush of new series that Kaizou was talking about. Still that was a twist.
Let's see how it turns out on next week. I'm kind of feel like it may start a new arc; just a guess, though. :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Let's see how it turns out on next week. I'm kind of feel like it may start a new arc; just a guess, though. :p
I feel like it too, but I doubt it will be a long arc. Actually come to think about it, the Nejimaki arcs seem to do the opposite of what most manga do...they seem to get shorter with each one I think. Or well...they don't seem very long anyway. That being said, I don't see this being more than a volume or two long. I am intrigued that this arc seems to be about Kamo doing something and at least for right now Kagyuu is sitting it out.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I feel like it too, but I doubt it will be a long arc. Actually come to think about it, the Nejimaki arcs seem to do the opposite of what most manga do...they seem to get shorter with each one I think. Or well...they don't seem very long anyway. That being said, I don't see this being more than a volume or two long. I am intrigued that this arc seems to be about Kamo doing something and at least for right now Kagyuu is sitting it out.
Well, Nakayama doesn't really do super long arc like One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. But, I think he still does the arc that going to take about 1 year, so I think he'll do longer arc next (if Najimake continues).
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, Nakayama doesn't really do super long arc like One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. But, I think he still does about the arc that going to take about 1 year, so I think he'll do longer arc next (if Najimake continues).
Maybe. Right now I'm just surprised at how the chapter progressed and ended. My theory about Mori was shot down the drain too. I'm anticipating what will happen next.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Though I guess it could...especially with the rush of new series that Kaizou was talking about.
Not just Nejimaki, there are other series which are wrapping-up. So, Nejimaki might going to be safe for this round.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
It looks like Shueisha prepared really well in terms of series for the upcoming World Cup. First that football series in Grand Jump, then "Barcelona no Taiyou" in WYJ and to finish the new football series in WSJ...
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like Shueisha prepared really well in terms of series for the upcoming World Cup. First that football series in Grand Jump, then "Barcelona no Taiyou" in WYJ and to finish the new football series in WSJ...
"that football series" is the funniest way I've heard anyone refer to Captain Tsubasa. Magical.

But yeah, they seem to be playing it smarter this time out by having one football title in each anthology, rather than just loading up WSJ with umpteen doomed-to-fail series
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
"that football series" is the funniest way I've heard anyone refer to Captain Tsubasa. Magical.

But yeah, they seem to be playing it smarter this time out by having one football title in each anthology, rather than just loading up WSJ with umpteen doomed-to-fail series
I wasn't sure of the name, I preferred using that instead of messing up XD I actually wonder how many of them will actually last. In WYJ from what I've seen with the last two series ending, the minimum chapter count seems to be around 70 when the series isn't popular (assumption) so I think Barcelona no Taiyou will actually be there for a year. For Grand Jump, I don't know. I don't really know since I don't really follow it. And well for WSJ it's around 20-25 chapters.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't sure of the name, I preferred using that instead of messing up XD I actually wonder how many of them will actually last. In WYJ from what I've seen with the last two series ending, the minimum chapter count seems to be around 70 when the series isn't popular (assumption) so I think Barcelona no Taiyou will actually be there for a year. For Grand Jump, I don't know. I don't really know since I don't really follow it. And well for WSJ it's around 20-25 chapters.
Being in Grand Jump and being Captain Tsubasa I think that's the safest a football series could ever actually be (GJ being kind an CT being a legend that's pulled off multiple series at this point). Tokyo Wonder Boys has potential to live, but I'd hate to make a prediction as to whether it could actually survive in Shonen Jump, unpredictable thing as it is. Barcelona's an unknown quantity, simply because I don't know how long it could last as a failure. Like most Young Jump series seem to get a bit of a chance to live, but then there's things like Watashi wa Kyawawawa where it ended after a few months, which is like... I have no idea if that was planned, but it reads like it was cancelled. Still, that one piece of promo art for BnT looks nice, so who knows, it might get a goodwill life of closer to a year or whatnot if it fails.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It looks like Shueisha prepared really well in terms of series for the upcoming World Cup. First that football series in Grand Jump, then "Barcelona no Taiyou" in WYJ and to finish the new football series in WSJ...
Don't forget about 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi (SQ series) releasing its live-adaptation movie.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

It is confirmed that Studio Pierrot going to work on upcoming Tokyo Ghoul anime. The directer will be Morita Shuuhei.

 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
This is the studio that did Kingdom right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top