Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Barcelona no Taiyou visually, leads the way thus far in the new sports series to premiere. Are WYJ readers accepting of such sports series?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Barcelona no Taiyou visually, leads the way thus far in the new sports series to premiere. Are WYJ readers accepting of such sports series?
Don't know; WYJ serialized this series for the sake of World Cup.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Barcelona no Taiyou visually, leads the way thus far in the new sports series to premiere. Are WYJ readers accepting of such sports series?
I dunno chief, I wouldn't say this holds a flame to Grand Jump's effort with Captain Tsubasa. I mean when that's surfaced all other football series kinda just fall away
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is announced that Nipongo going to end within 3 chapters.
 

Greco

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
83
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
no cover this week?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
no cover this week?
WYJ basically only has gravure idols as cover almost every week so no point in posting except when a series exceptionally has it (especially since most of the covers feature girls in bikini).
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
WYJ basically only has gravure idols as cover almost every week so no point in posting except when a series exceptionally has it (especially since most of the covers feature girls in bikini).
Unless Greco wants to see the girls in bikini.:teehee

Also, it is confirmed that Himouto! Umaru-chan has surpassed printing 250,000 copies.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uuuuuggggghhhhh. Looks like Mongrel isn't long for this world. Boku Girl is too low. Barcelona looks interesting though.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Uuuuuggggghhhhh. Looks like Mongrel isn't long for this world. Boku Girl is too low. Barcelona looks interesting though.
i wouldn't worry about Boku Girl any time soon after that double set of colour pages, but yeah, I've got a bad feeling about Mongrel. At the least it's been a new record for the author, and the cross-promotional stuff is sure to start him on the path to becoming a known quantity. So who knows what could happen with this or his next title.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So who knows what could happen with this or his next title.
Well, I suggest Murase should move to different publisher this time.

I always thought that his style isn't right place for Shounen Jump; but, he also suffers in Young Jump as well. I think Murase's manga style just isn't suitable for Shueisha.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, I suggest Murase should move to different publisher this time.

I always thought that his style isn't right place for Shounen Jump; but, he also suffers in Young Jump as well. I think Murase's manga style just isn't suitable for Shueisha.
It's true Mongrel doesn't really feel very seinen and it feels like the MC actually loses more matches than he wins them. There were some pretty cliché moments in that latest chapter too.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I suggest Murase should move to different publisher this time.

I always thought that his style isn't right place for Shounen Jump; but, he also suffers in Young Jump as well. I think Murase's manga style just isn't suitable for Shueisha.
Much as I'm loathe to admit it, I can see his style fitting in more with Kodansha, it's true...
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's true Mongrel doesn't really feel very seinen and it feels like the MC actually loses more matches than he wins them. There were some pretty cliché moments in that latest chapter too.
Well, I'm not really talking about Mongrel's doesn't have seinen-vibe; I'm sayting Murase's manga style isn't suitable for Shueisha.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I feel kind of awkward to see the soccer manga from seinen magazine focuses on the high school setting and the soccer manga from shounen magazine focuses on the professional setting.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm not even sure what to think regarding Nejimaki anymore. Though I really like that Kamo is getting the spotlight after being pretty much a side character with a slightly bigger role throughout the series. It does seem like something in the series is coming to a conclusion....of what exactly is anyone's guess.

Don't really care much for sports manga so I have no feelings toward Barcelona no Taiyou.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Currently reading the "student council" arc in Nejimaki Kagyu around ch61 and I must say the arc is awesome. And that art...
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Currently reading the "student council" arc in Nejimaki Kagyu around ch61 and I must say the arc is awesome. And that art...
Ooh yeah. That arc is excellent. I'm around chapter 61 in the translations myself. The climax is pretty nice in that arc too, so stay tuned. If Gintama isn't too bad today I might translate a couple more.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ooh yeah. That arc is excellent. I'm around chapter 61 in the translations myself. The climax is pretty nice in that arc too, so stay tuned. If Gintama isn't too bad today I might translate a couple more.
Btw do you remember the chapter number for the "announcement" by the blonde girl? It's a bit before ch61 and well I'm afraid this is a chapter where I'll have to read your translations :P This chapter was awful in terms of kanji but one of the best of the arc.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Btw do you remember the chapter number for the "announcement" by the blonde girl? It's a bit before ch61 and well I'm afraid this is a chapter where I'll have to read your translations :P This chapter was awful in terms of kanji but one of the best of the arc.
Announcement? Probably 58? I think. That or 59. Though my translations aren't all that great either. :-P
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Announcement? Probably 58? I think. That or 59. Though my translations aren't all that great either. :-P
Doesn't matter :P that's pretty much the only chapter of the whole arc (series in fact for now) where I understood like 20% of the whole things instead of 70~80% on other chapters.
Thanks for the translations anyway^^

Found the chapter in question, it's chapter 55 "The king's declaration of war" - that one had so many hard kanji...
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Doesn't matter :P that's pretty much the only chapter of the whole arc (series in fact for now) where I understood like 20% of the whole things instead of 70~80% on other chapters.
Thanks for the translations anyway^^

Found the chapter in question, it's chapter 55 "The king's declaration of war" - that one had so many hard kanji...
Oh okay. And no problem. This is slightly off topic and stuff but since it is about Nejimaki....

As someone who understands 80 percent (compared to my probably 65 percent that goes up to maybe 90 percent with a dictonary), what do you think of the translations? At least with Gintama I can compare my scripts with kewl's and get an idea of where I stand but with Nejimaki I have no idea really. Be as straight as you want. I can take it. It's all in an effort to improve myself and stuff.

But yeah. I think the Student council arc is probably the best in the series. I'd like the school election arc more if there weren't so much kanji I don't know. >_< I don't remember what chapters they are, but it's most of volume 11. (The student election arc that is.)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top