Predictions Next Cover Story?

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I think the next cover story will be about Sugar. She seemed to have some comedic value and her fruit might offer some entertainment.

What are yall's thoughts on what the next cover story could be?
 

BetaRuler

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
89
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have 2 potential ways it could go... People often seem to think it could be a Punk Hazard one. Another could be Sanji and the other straw hats... (though that might be a bit of a cop out way to handle what's happening to them on 2nd thoughts).
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I truly think we are getting more character and animal theme for a while now, Oda will have the next cover story after a while, since depends on if he is only showing characters that we have seen after the entry to the NW.

Is it possible that Kanjuro probably gets a cover story of what happened to him in Dressrosa? Since Oda has developed that search so little. :XD
 

Deleted member 182576

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
What's that OP Character + Animal theme now? Is everybody getting 1?
First I thought it's only the Strawhats. then I saw Vivi, & I was like: WTH?!
And now Kuzan, like DAFUQ???
 

Sproumfch

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
358
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oda love to draw what his fans ask him. And we had loads of animal themed covers before !

For Sugar or Doffy's crew being on a cover story is too early. We need to be in the next Arc for it. But Jimbey's, Brownbeard & Smoker's or Vergo's should, IMO, fit more for the next story.
And then we will see (as always) the defeated crew that faced the SH : the Donquixote Family. And then they may face Kaidou here :P
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
What's that OP Character + Animal theme now? Is everybody getting 1?
First I thought it's only the Strawhats. then I saw Vivi, & I was like: WTH?!
And now Kuzan, like DAFUQ???
Vivi was part of that series since the first installment after her arc ended. Not even a wonder though since she technically is a nakama even though she took the responsibility to pacify Alabasta and didn't sail with the Strawhats. Kuzan on the other hand is quite a surprise there. We'd have to see how it continues now before judging it, but it might be a slight hint for future developments.
correction: it was not the very first from what I can gather, but only in the second "coverstory break" in chapter 271 (here for example)

As for the next cover story, most of the other stories were about enemies, with important exceptions like Ace's hunt for BB or in a way Octas adventure. And they also served as background stories later on. So i think this time we're going to have either a marines story, which would likely be Smoker/Tashigi and Kuzan would make for a great transition there. Or the fishman preparations for Reverie, which might involve Jimbei and his way back to the Strawhats.
 
Last edited:

Zeta42

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
585
Reaction score
239
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
Smoker, Tashigi and G5's cover story sounds like a great idea.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Are they even alive ?
Assuming the cover story will show how they actually are. :XD

That can happen in the covers sometimes, many characters that are not seen for a while, appear well and alive in them: Bon Clay, Sabo ect
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Assuming the cover story will show how they actually are. :XD

That can happen in the covers sometimes, many characters that are not seen for a while, appear well and alive in them: Bon Clay, Sabo ect
Well Bon Clay and Sabo are more relevant to the plot that these two brothers tho
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well Bon Clay and Sabo are more relevant to the plot that these two brothers tho
Not enough for a cover story on their own that is.^^ Remember Caribou one had X Drake in it as well .. so if Oda does: homage to PH it will be nice to see where is all the minor/secondary characters in the arc and what are they up to.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I already see Vergo with a piece of the Sara Sara no Mi stuck to his face. Get ready for Axolotl Vergo!
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Since Jinbei's cover story is over, I'd like to see some of the characters introduced in this arc in the next arc. Sabo in particular could happen, just like with Ace, that is if something significant happens. We know he's looking for the weapon factory that doesn't look like to be on Dressrosa so maybe we could start there.
 

Mighty Action X

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Since Jinbei's cover story is over, I'd like to see some of the characters introduced in this arc in the next arc. Sabo in particular could happen, just like with Ace, that is if something significant happens. We know he's looking for the weapon factory that doesn't look like to be on Dressrosa so maybe we could start there.
I don't think that there will be a cover story right away after Jinbei. Maybe after this Arc is over where the people involved in this war go to their separate way. Only by that time I guess that we will see a peek on what one group of them will do after the Dressrosa Arc.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I don't think that there will be a cover story right away after Jinbei. Maybe after this Arc is over where the people involved in this war go to their separate way. Only by that time I guess that we will see a peek on what one group of them will do after the Dressrosa Arc.
I didn't say it should start right now, but Jinbei's cover story was rather short and uninteresting. I expect that the next one would be more important for the plot, although we can argue that Jinbei could be heading for Dressrosa. Depending on what happens next, it could be possible to see a cover story about one of the SHs allies, maybe even Law if they part ways after Dressrosa.
 

Mighty Action X

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I didn't say it should start right now, but Jinbei's cover story was rather short and uninteresting. I expect that the next one would be more important for the plot, although we can argue that Jinbei could be heading for Dressrosa. Depending on what happens next, it could be possible to see a cover story about one of the SHs allies, maybe even Law if they part ways after Dressrosa.
Not much of the cover stories had been important to the plot except the cover stories of the SH whereabouts after their separation during the SA Arc. Enel, Wapol, Jinbei, Caribou, even Ace's cover story didn't contribute to the future plots except explanation how it things ended up like that.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Caribou cover story was actually quite fun, liked it more than Jimbei story. Both were important as they are likely to have an effect on the upcoming chapters.

I think the next cover story would be on Brown-beard.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Caribou cover story was actually quite fun, liked it more than Jimbei story. Both were important as they are likely to have an effect on the upcoming chapters.

I think the next cover story would be on Brown-beard.
I think Caribou's cover story will be relevant to the next arc, because of Kaido and Drake. I don't think it's safe to say that cover stories have no impact on the story, for some of them it reveals some elements that can be relevant, and it's basically a good way to keep up with characters that may appear in the future.
I don't know about Brownbeard, but I think the next cover story will be about a character that played a big role in the last arcs (Punk Hazard-Dressrosa) so it can be anyone, but with the parallels between Dressrosa and Alabasta I wouldn't be surprised if we had one about Sabo, just like we had one with Ace.
 
Top