- Joined
- Aug 2, 2012
- Messages
- 1,185
- Reaction score
- 992
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Dunno, but I already got issue 20, that's why.Are there any preview pics of this new series?
Dunno, but I already got issue 20, that's why.Are there any preview pics of this new series?
Hm? That's not what I read. Robico-sensei will publish Skip! Yamada-kun, an oneshot (55p) written by Tsugumi Ohba (Death Note) in Young Jump #23 (05/08). Yeah, they will work together.Issue 23:
One Shot: Skip! Yamada-kun by Robico (author of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)
One Shot by Ohba Tsugumi (story author of Death Note and Bakuman)
Is that so? It really makes sense since Ohba hasn't never drawn anything, only made the story. Very good duo by the way.Hm? That's not what I read. Robico-sensei will publish Skip! Yamada-kun, an oneshot (55p) written by Tsugumi Ohba (Death Note) in Young Jump #23 (05/08). Yeah, they will work together.
I'm not telling that they cant make good series in other magazine or with other artists, I'm telling that i want read a new shounen created by them and published in Weekly Shonen Jump, the best place for them.I want to see them together again, of course but I'm not that radical. They can good stories anywhere, not just in Jump. Also, Obata best series (at least in my opinion), drawing, was Hikaru no Go, which the story was not made by Ohba.
They will meet again when they feel it's the right moment, until there I'm going to follow each one of them.
You is really asking why Shonen Jump is the best place for them? lol I think that Death Note, one of the most popular manga ever and Bakuman, another hit, both of them serialized in SJ is more than enough, they have a fantastic career in Shonen Jump, they are known as a team that makes "unusual shounens in Shonen Jump", and most people will want another manga in SJ, and particularly, i don't want see their talents with seinen, i want see their talents in another good shounen manga in Shonen Jump.How do you know it's the best place if they didn't make a series in another place? We don't their talents with Seinen and Obata is proving with All you need is kill that he can draw in a seinen magazine. They can have more potential with seinen than we can imagine.
Death Note really would have been much more at home in a seinen magazine than it would a shonen though. I'm still shocked at how successful it was in the shonen demographic.You is really asking why Shonen Jump is the best place for them? lol I think that Death Note, one of the most popular manga ever and Bakuman, another hit, both of them serialized in SJ is more than enough, they have a fantastic career in Shonen Jump, they are known as a team that makes "unusual shounens in Shonen Jump", and most people will want another manga in SJ, and particularly, i don't want see their talents with seinen, i want see their talents in another good shounen manga in Shonen Jump.
Shounen and seinen are not genres. They are demographics.actually I wouldn't call All you need is kill a seinen. It just has much gore but pretty much feels like a shounen title and especially his art.
No, just after the "second part" started, and even after this, had some high positions, most in the middle and some on bottom, and during the "first part" was almost always on top 5 and some in 6/7/8. Yeah, i checked every Death Note ranking in toc hahaDeath Note regularly ranked really low, if I remember right. So maybe you could say it didn't do well "in the magazine" but did well in terms of volumes. And with its anime, movies, and all that.
