Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
While I feel like I shouldn't hammer this point home any longer, all of this depends on Messi actually succeeding at a WC, something he hasn't done before.
IKR, he has played 42 World Cups and he hasn't won any, he's such a failure.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
IKR, he has played 42 World Cups and he hasn't won any, he's such a failure.
No, but other players have performed at WCs, whereas he hasn't.

I'll put it this way. When we look back at Messi's legacy, if he never showed up in WCs and his immediate competitors did, his competitors might be looked at a bit better on that front. If Ronaldo doesn't win a WC, and I don't expect him to win one, I don't think anyone will hold it against him at all because the overall level of Portugal isn't amazing. Argentina has enough top quality players that things might be held against Messi if he doesn't do anything in this WC (who knows where Messi will be in 2018).
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
No, but other players have performed at WCs, whereas he hasn't.
How, exactly?

In 2006 he was a sub. How the hell can he ¨succeed¨ there?

In 2010 he was the best player in our team against Nigeria, he was the playmaker against Korea and Greece, and then he got his ass kicked by Mexican defenders. Then, the whole team gets murdered tactically by Germany.

There isn't a lot to say about his ¨legacy¨ in WCs, even less to say he never stepped up nor anything.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

A funny analysis for this WC.

Let's start in 1982, Italy won that WC.

4 years before (1978) and 4 years later (1986), Argentina won the WC.

8 years before (1974) and 8 years later (1990), Germany won the WC.

12 years before (1970) and 12 years later (1994), Brazil won the WC.

16 years before (1966) and 16 years later (1998), the host won the WC (England and France, respectivly).

20 years before (1962) and 20 years later (2002), Brazil won the WC.

24 years before (1958) and 24 years later (2006), the host lost against the champion (Sweden-Brazil, Germany-Italy).

30 years before (1954) and 30 years later (2010), an European team beats another one in the finals (Germany-Hungary, Spain-Netherlands).

34 years before (1950) Brazil hosts and loses in the final (Maracanazo), 34 years later Brazil hosts and... :3c

The Illuminati decided it, Brazil has no chance in this WC.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bob, it would be funny, if only you weren't almost a day late with the posting. :P
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Bob, it would be funny, if only you weren't almost a day late with the posting. :P
So it isn't funny at all because he didn't post it last night? :kappa

It is funny, but it only makes me angry....but just like him I'm hyped for the WC.

I hate myself...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So it isn't funny at all because he didn't post it last night? :kappa

It is funny, but it only makes me angry....but just like him I'm hyped for the WC.

I hate myself...
Well, actually, it was just a gentle jab in good fun, plus Bob won't see it for hours, which is actually the point of the post. ;)

There are a lot of problems with FIFA and the WC in general, but I still like seeing the product on the pitch.

Believe in the power of commercial pressure that will cause Qatar to lose the 2022 WC.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
AH, didn't realise someone else had posted it already....
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
C'mon Bob, keep track of what Frosty's seen :kappa
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal

Was going to be a great goal.

Hope Nani will prove me wrong and make a good performance on the WC.
He is a great addition if he is in the right shape and confidence.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Who cares about Nani, you have fcking Waluigi in your team. http://gfycat.com/MistyImmediateIbex

We're doomed :emocat
Aahaha! i don't think he is going to be first option. But who knows. Anyway any chance you guys might have Luigi?


He gave such a death stare to him, i think he would be the right counter :derp
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I hope everyone has done their brackets; the tournament starts tomorrow! :x3
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
16 brackets, not bad :zomg

Any predictions for tomorrow? Brazil is clearly the favourite but I hear a lot of people underestimating Croatia, saying tthat Brazil will stomp the Europeans easily. Modric and Rakitic are at the highest level of their career, I wouldn't be really surprised if they get at least a tie from the locals.

Another question, if Brazil loses in the first match, how much riot we'll see?
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I hope everyone has done their brackets; the tournament starts tomorrow! :x3
I haven't and i won't.

It's no fun, since i know Portugal won't win :(
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
16 brackets, not bad :zomg

Any predictions for tomorrow? Brazil is clearly the favourite but I hear a lot of people underestimating Croatia, saying tthat Brazil will stomp the Europeans easily. Modric and Rakitic are at the highest level of their career, I wouldn't be really surprised if they get at least a tie from the locals.

Another question, if Brazil loses in the first match, how much riot we'll see?
Yep, I wanted more participants but that's a good number anyhow.

I'm not underestimating Croatia at all. I think Brazil will win, but not as easily or comfortably as their supporters or fanatics believe. I think the home team will be feeling some pressure during the initial phase of the match but once they get over that, they'll be fine.

Saying that, can you imagine the scandal should they lose their first game? Come on, Croatia :heh

I haven't and i won't.

It's no fun, since i know Portugal won't win :(
Alright.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, if we base ourselves in the Confed Cup, we could say that the ¨pressure¨ these Brazilian players feel when they are locals in a tournament actually does wonders to them. I said it the other day, Brazil's play was pretty average except in that Cup. Is it gonna happen again now? Who knows. I expect a 2-0 for tomorrow, but I'd love to see them lose, yeah. Go Croatia :allthe
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
If they lose, that will be the shortest worldcup in history and the first ever without a winner, except if all results are counted, which would make Croatia champion :derp
At least brazil could claim a second place then :teehee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top