Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I hope the matches would not be too humiliating for Bosnia, though. So far, apart from the Spain-Netherlands annihilation game, most games are relatively close and entertaining.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope the matches would not be too humiliating for Bosnia, though. So far, apart from the Spain-Netherlands annihilation game, most games are relatively close and entertaining.
The most entertaining, though, was Spain vs. Netherlands. Seeing Spain losing is naturally entertaining, but that match was out of normal. :XD

Argentina will do their job, annihilating or not.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Ecuador 1-0 , France 3 - 0, Argentina 2-0
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
I hate to admit it, but Argentina will destroy them. :XD
Well I dont expect they will win I still wanna see the match :3 also I wanna see if Argies are as good as ppl say :heh
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think we'll play with 5 in the back like I said some time ago. That's at least how the team practiced.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Argentina has to be careful with Dzeko. I've never watched him playing, but he seems good. He has a sad and epic story of overcoming that makes me root for Bosnia and Herzegovina (not that it's difficult given the opponent). :crying
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Confirmed, 5 in the back, with no double 5, Maxi plays instead of Gago.

Are we gonna give a negative surprise like Uruguay? Are we gonna be really effective like Colombia? Or are we gonna rob like Brazil? Who knows...

@whoever said ¨wow, I wonder who bet 5-1 for Spain vs Netherlands¨. A Spanish dude won 100k Euros thanks to that, lol.

I've never watched him playing, but he seems good.
lol
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Argentina has to be careful with Dzeko. I've never watched him playing, but he seems good. He has a sad and epic story of overcoming that makes me root for Bosnia and Herzegovina (not that it's difficult given the opponent). :crying
Dzeko often doesn't look that good, but he's very clinical when he gets a chance. He's more intelligent on the pitch than your average footballer as well, which obviously helps.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Jesus Christ everyone is a professional keeper with 3 Ballons d'or in this thread. It wasn't an easy ball man, Gervinho took a header like 3 mts away form him, it went cornered, fast and down.
Hardy, how else are we supposed to judge a GK then? What standard are we supposed to use? Other than their positioning and whether the ball was something they could/should save? Is he just some guy standing there who may or may not do his job? Jesus christ, was your father a GK or something?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Jesus christ, was your father a GK or something?
...he was actually :oh

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I dunno, just seeing people complaining about every save as if it was the easiest thing in the world bothers the shit out of me, lol.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Lol, watch the goal again, kawashima was as usual appaling. The guy is a blunder machine.
Now, for this game, equador is supposed to be much weaker than switzerland but switzerland is usually bad against south american countries.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
...he was actually :oh

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I dunno, just seeing people complaining about every save as if it was the easiest thing in the world bothers the shit out of me, lol.
No, but there's only so many metrics to actually judge good keeper play. Croatia and Japan's GKs both got two hands on the ball without having the lay out. Those balls should be saved...I don't see the problem in saying that. Yeah maybe rain was a factor with Japan's, but....
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Lol, watch the goal again, kawashima was as usual appaling. The guy is a blunder machine.
Watched it enough times. No slow-mo.

How is he a blunder machine, he was saving Japan's ass in the first half.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Watched it enough times. No slow-mo.

How is he a blunder machine, he was saving Japan's ass in the first half.
He play in belgium. I know the guy a little better than you ...
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Croatia and Japan's GKs both got two hands on the ball without having the lay out. Those balls should be saved...I don't see the problem in saying that.
Because touching the ball with your 2 hands doesn't really mean a lot :XD

I already talked about the first case. There was a huge gap between his hands, kinda expected from a keeper defending a penalty.

The Japanese dude is doing a super awkard move to reject that ball that was headed 3 meters away from him, which bounces just in his line (only to make it worse).

He play in belgium. I know the guy a little better than you ...
I didn't say I knew him better, I'm just talking from what I saw in that match.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've had problems to distinguish Switzerland fans and the empty seats of the stadium. :cookiehand

I'm not paying attention in this match, but they're quite even, either of them would be winning now.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
I've had problems to distinguish Switzerland fans and the empty seats of the stadium. :cookiehand

I'm not paying attention in this match, but they're quite even, either of them would be winning now.
This :lmao
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

Don't have a source on this, but if it's true, it pretty much rules out Casillas being benched.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well that was convenient.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top