Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I should have expressed myself better. Let's see.
I was talking about the favoritism of them. Before the World Cup, those three are almost certain to pass to the 2nd round, as much as Germany, but the WC began and we know what happened. No fan should come to WC thinking that it's all certain just because his country team is supposedly favorite. Therefore, they should root for their teams with all they've got since the beginning. That's what Brazilians do, Argies do, even though their teams are favorites as well.

I hope that your vision is not Germans vision. It is too egocentric.
I have an other explanation but you don t like it. National teams are less important to europeans (both players and supporters) than to american countries.

Hardy, when germany was eliminated in group phase ? I genunely can t find it
Edit: ok the only time was in 38 :d.
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I have an other explanation but you don t like it. National teams are less important to europeans (both players and supporters) than to american countries.
No wai. I've heard a lot of ¨I prefer my team winning the local league than Argentina winning the WC¨ here. Which I find kinda dumb but opinions are like assholes.

Hardy, when germany was eliminated in group phase ? I genunely can t find it
Edit: ok the only time was in 38 :d.
Yeah but Brazil was eliminated 3 times in first round which contradicts what I said before... I dunno, fck ESPN.
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Top 10 ticket buyers
1. Brazil - 1,363,179

2. US - 196,838

3. Argentina - 61,021

4. Germany - 58,778

5. England - 57,917

6. Colombia - 54,477

7. Australia - 52,289

8. Chile - 38,638

9. France - 34,865

10. Mexico - 33,694

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-27978699
Uuuh, how is this really a surprise? Brazil is fairly close to the United States and US has the 3rd highest population by country in the world. If you have a small fraction of the population interested in soccer and with enough money to travel fairly "not too long/short" to a cheaper country in Brazil, you'll easily beat poor European countries with not even 10% (or slightly above) of United States' population. Circumstance is just way too different in this case. If the WC was in Europe you'd see way more people from Spain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands etc travel and a decrease in people form the US.

The only real surprise in that top 10 list to me is Australia. A pretty long way for a pretty bad team. Guess they got the money.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

WP so far in the WC USA. Got to hand it to your team for having guts, spirit and BEING THE ONLY TEAM IN THE WORLD THAT DOESN'T HOLLYWOOD ACT ALTHOUGH HOLLYWOOD BELONGS TO YOUR COUNTRY. When Americans fall, you know they are actually HURT. Like today two Americans fell and they had collided into each other's heads. A real injury. Huge props for having a superb mentality, and one to admire. True heart and dedication. Granted Portugal played awful this WC you guys deserve to advance. I'll cheer for you next round.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
WP so far in the WC USA. Got to hand it to your team for having guts, spirit and BEING THE ONLY TEAM IN THE WORLD THAT DOESN'T HOLLYWOOD ACT ALTHOUGH HOLLYWOOD BELONGS TO YOUR COUNTRY. Huge props for having a superb mentality, and one to admire. True heart and dedication. Granted Portugal played awful this WC you guys deserve to advance. I'll cheer for you next round.
Pls, he totally dived looking for a red card :kappa
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No wai. I've heard a lot of ¨I prefer my team winning the local league than Argentina winning the WC¨ here. Which I find kinda dumb but opinions are like assholes.



Yeah but Brazil was eliminated 3 times in first round which contradicts what I said before... I dunno, fck ESPN.
It's dumb compare the competitions, both can happen at the same time. You can follow and have the same interest for both.

We have the best performance in World Cups. Probably, espn is taking in consideration that we have more participations in World cup than Germany. Not qualify is failing to reach 2nd round as well after all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
WP so far in the WC USA. Got to hand it to your team for having guts, spirit and BEING THE ONLY TEAM IN THE WORLD THAT DOESN'T HOLLYWOOD ACT ALTHOUGH HOLLYWOOD BELONGS TO YOUR COUNTRY. When Americans fall, you know they are actually HURT. Like today two Americans fell and they had collided into each other's heads. A real injury. Huge props for having a superb mentality, and one to admire. True heart and dedication. Granted Portugal played awful this WC you guys deserve to advance. I'll cheer for you next round.
No salt?

Wow, look at this guy! An admin who's an example to us all!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
ROFL! I missed that situation, that looks hilarious! Ref trying to injure players! :kappa

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

No salt?

Wow, look at this guy! An admin who's an example to us all!
Wow what a praise! Too bad I can't take anything you say serious as I never know if you troll! :kappa

Nah not salty. Odds was against us before this match, and like I had said I didn't think our team deserved to advance. Don't feel like repeating myself. Got to give props where props is due! USA really surprised this WC and has an outstanding mentality. I read an article that US sportsmen are raised up to respect the ref. Shit talking refs and even touching refs is taboo in the States, and they are raised to not bullshit on the field. I'd guess it stems from your football? I mean that sport is way more brutal than soccer excluding extreme injuries. Overall US sportsmen seem to not bullshit as much and play for real. The US team is receiving a lot of praise over here.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wow what a praise! Too bad I can't take anything you say serious as I never know if you troll! :kappa

Nah not salty. Odds was against us before this match, and like I had said I didn't think our team deserved to advance. Don't feel like repeating myself. Got to give props where props is due! USA really surprised this WC and has an outstanding mentality. I read an article that US sportsmen are raised up to respect the ref. Shit talking refs and even touching refs is taboo in the States, and they are raised to not bullshit on the field. I'd guess it stems from your football? I mean that sport is way more brutal than soccer excluding extreme injuries. Overall US sportsmen seem to not bullshit as much and play for real. The US team is receiving a lot of praise over here.
Hmmm, I don't really know what they say, but I don't think there are examples of Refs being assaulted like they have been at soccer matches. That doesn't necessarily mean we "respect" them though...maybe comparatively :lmao
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
It's dumb compare the competitions, both can happen at the same time. You can follow and have the same interest for both.

We have the best performance in World Cups. Probably, espn is taking in consideration that we have more participations in World cup than Germany. Not qualify is failing to reach 2nd round as well after all.
Germany missed only two world cups. But even considering this, germany is by far the most constant country. It s frightening. If we check the modern era starting in the 80s, it s round of 8 minimum.

Edit: i know it s the b team but still, boring as hell
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know why anyone would take this seriously. She's pretty much ridiculing herself on any subjects.
yeah, pretty much

The classic "no idea what the fuck I'm talking about, but here's my super-controversial opinion anyways"
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
GO ALGERIA :shakefist
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.

~Gary Lineker

There is no argue about it. Germany is the most consistent team in history of World Cups. Most of the people, at least here in Brazil, had never liked Germany because they play just for the results. Like, they win, but they play ugly. So who cares? Actually, brazilian think it is kinda unfair.
Recently the opinion towards German team has been changing, especially because the actual generation is very, very talented and more close to "Jogo Bonito" style.


I have an other explanation but you don t like it. National teams are less important to europeans (both players and supporters) than to american countries.

You really don't know the fans around this continent here, dude.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I want to strangle my team. I m going to sleep. I m not even going to watch the second half
 
Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Algeria gotta wake up during the second half, look like they came into this thinking it would be an easy pass and didn't prepare enough
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Germany holds the record for reaching the final, the 3rd place, and the semi-final. No other team is as steady as we are when it comes to reaching the later parts of the WC. We tend to suck (and/or lack luck) when it gets really important though, that's why Italy and Brazil still have more wins.
Not to mention the current team (for the last few years) is praised as the "Golden Generation", lots of talented guys with a high amount of skill. What we lack is a better coach (Löw plain sucks) and... mindset/spirit? I hate how our team is all happy go lucky without someone standing out/leading the group. The whole thing of "We win as a team" is just bullshit, you need someone who leads and pushes the others when necessary, not "Awww we all love each other and if one of us dares to criticize another he gets bashed". Right now it feels too much like most of them think they are awesome and don't care what others think, and when they fail they don't admit their mistakes. They got too much praise, honestly, and the wrong person to coach them. They need someone who puts some sense into them, and gives the team at least some kind of rough hierarchy, a team full of egocentrics won't win anything.

So yeah, that's what I think we lack and why we won't win this time either. Get a new coach and less hype from the media, then I'm going to have some faith.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We have more participations, more matches, wins, goals... I don't know what consistency means for you guys really. Nevermind.


Russia is playing better than Algeria, much better. I'm not seeing that will Algeria demonstrated in its match against Belgium.... Well, it is good for my bracket. :p
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Russia is playing better than Algeria, much better. I'm not seeing that will Algeria demonstrated in its match against Belgium.... Well, it is good for my bracket. :p
You're 1st atm, but you predicted that Spain would go to SFs and that will screw you :<
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Dunno who to cheer for now :(

Ronaldo missed so many goals today. Like 3/4 and i am not exaggerating, but the team once again failed to show the teamwork i had expected from them in the first place. At least Moutinho finally started playing a bit like he did on Porto, so not everything was completely bad.

The worst of all is that our coach is not going to demote himself, which honestly he definitely should. There were somethings that happened that were just bad luck, but he brought way too many players out of shape (Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Veloso, Meireles, João Pereira, Nani, Ronaldo).

Well i understand that Ronaldo was worth it, but the rest? Well Nani did ok i guess. João Pereira was mediocre but apart from him there's only a Sporting's player called Cedric that could cover it imo, so i don't reprehend him. But we were forced to play Veloso at left defender when we have Antunes from Malaga, watching the WC at home.Bad luck with Fábio Coentrão though.

Well congratz to USA. Just because of our awful attitude on second game, i think it's fair to say that you guys deserved to get through this round, though i doubt you will have what it take to beat Belgium. But who knows ....
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well congratz to USA. Just because of our awful attitude on second game, i think it's fair to say that you guys deserved to get through this round, though i doubt you will have what it take to beat Belgium. But who knows ....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top