Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It was great to see that Costa Rica survived.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Netherlands, be careful! If Mexico was hard, Costa Rica is even harder! :derp

I wonder if Netherlands will take Costa Rica seriously or fall into the same mistake as Uruguay and Italy. Let's see.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Picture of the day:
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm starting to think that Klinsmann leaving off Donovan was a Nasri type of deal. He's really talented, but he's too disruptive to team success. On the other hand, there are players like Ribery, who are supposed to be your star, but when they're on the pitch for you, they cause problems because the other players end up looking to them to do it all on their own, which usually doesn't work.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
But still, those cooling breaks are weird. What are they going to do in qatar ?
I don't know, I guess they'll check in on them when they're playing the games in the USA :gar

I'm starting to think that Klinsmann leaving off Donovan was a Nasri type of deal. He's really talented, but he's too disruptive to team success. On the other hand, there are players like Ribery, who are supposed to be your star, but when they're on the pitch for you, they cause problems because the other players end up looking to them to do it all on their own, which usually doesn't work.
I wouldn't say Donovan is disruptive, he just didn't fit into Klinsmann's vision for the team
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm starting to think that Klinsmann leaving off Donovan was a Nasri type of deal. He's really talented, but he's too disruptive to team success. On the other hand, there are players like Ribery, who are supposed to be your star, but when they're on the pitch for you, they cause problems because the other players end up looking to them to do it all on their own, which usually doesn't work.
Ribery never was that important for france. Valbuena is the important player for france
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Oh, and I think I've won this bracket thing already btw. Nuno is first but he has Spain and Portugal, then everyone behind me has the same ¨mistake¨ or has almost the same as me ( Saintz0r ).
Real? I didn't spend more than 5 minutes making the bracket and haven't logged in since early group stage xD

Yeah Spain and especially Portugal will fuck me over hard since I didn't expect them to be anywhere near that weak. I can't win the fantasy bracket, rofl, or you guys suck garbage with likely having put way more thought into it too hehehe.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Oh rofl I even managed to misclick Nigeria and Argentina, making Argentina qualify as 2nd seed in their group, rofl. That further fucks up my bracket. Guess I shouldn't have spent so little time on it xD

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I kind of find such fantasy brackets "meh". After groups (and even in groups) it's so much educated guessing rather than results more based on actual performance and interpretation of said performance. Guess I'm not big into the fantasy bracket concept in general since I find it kind of boring how it becomes largely about "who can guess team's form and performance correctly for a month in advance." /small rant
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Oh rofl I even managed to misclick Nigeria and Argentina, making Argentina qualify as 2nd seed in their group, rofl. That further fucks up my bracket. Guess I shouldn't have spent so little time on it xD
lol my bracket is fucked up, spent like 2mn making it xD only comeback possible for me: france win it all :gar
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
lol my bracket is fucked up, spent like 2mn making it xD only comeback possible for me: france win it all :gar
rofl, same. Wow my entire right side of my bracket is almost completely red xD Not gonna get many more points. At least I could've gotten some more points if I had placed Nigeria/Argentina the right order, rofl.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The clash of Europe vs Africa starts today! I do hope African teams are good enough to be able to give some trouble for the European teams so they are more ready for the eventual clash between each other.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
France x Nigeria
Germany x Algeria

Nigeria is stronger than Algeria IMO. I expect a good match between France and them.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Both teams are playing well, France is being more objective giving more speed to its attacks and Nigeria is working more in its attacks, but still fast. I'm enojying the match. Both teams have chances of winning. I think it is bad to France, they are failing in taking control of the match although they are the favorites.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
wtf, second dirt and dangerous play by a french player.
The first one should have been given a red card
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
sdfgsdgfdsfgdsg they're so lucky :mad

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

YESH
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
dat nigeria goalkeeper :paperbag
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Before the world cup, most people agreed that it was the most open world cup with big teams not at the top and underdogs stronger than usual. And this is what we are witnessing for the moment. All matches from round of 16 are extremely close. The only exception is Columbia and that's only because Uruguay without Suarez is not the same team and wouldn't even qualify for the world cup.

It's really great. Even a finale Costa Rica vs Algeria isn't that far fetched. 10 years ago, you would have been considered as a mad man. Nowadays, I'm not so sure. Teams are really close.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
En Quart de final
:bearydance
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nigeria doesn't have anything to be ashamed of, they played very well, but France, too. Until 30 minutes of 2nd half Nigeria dominated the match, but France decided to play and made a goal, from there on Nigeria was not the same and it was dominated.

I accept France qualification. It can't be helped. :XD
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Valbuena is MVP now, this match and he can deliver for France overall, Pogba also nice, this team is looking very good. :) The true test is Germany in the 1/4 finals.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Valbuena is MVP now, this match and he can deliver for France overall, Pogba also nice, this team is looking very good. :) The true test is Germany in the 1/4 finals.
What a disrespectful statement. Germany is not in the Quarter of Finals yet. Are we watching the same World Cup? :nah
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Real? I didn't spend more than 5 minutes making the bracket and haven't logged in since early group stage xD

Yeah Spain and especially Portugal will fuck me over hard since I didn't expect them to be anywhere near that weak. I can't win the fantasy bracket, rofl, or you guys suck garbage with likely having put way more thought into it too hehehe.

I kind of find such fantasy brackets "meh". After groups (and even in groups) it's so much educated guessing rather than results more based on actual performance and interpretation of said performance. Guess I'm not big into the fantasy bracket concept in general since I find it kind of boring how it becomes largely about "who can guess team's form and performance correctly for a month in advance." /small rant
I spent only minutes too, and only logged in after Leo mentioned a couple of days ago.

After groups only makes everything easier, it would be kinda boring if it was that way. I didn't just ¨guess¨ that Chile would end up second for example, I watched them play and knew they had a better present than Spain. In the end luck has something to do with it (who the fck would say that Costa Rica > Italy and England) but it's far from being everything.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

The only exception is Columbia and that's only because Uruguay without Suarez is not the same team and wouldn't even qualify for the world cup.
Colombia would had defeated Uruguay easily even with Suárez, they were just that superior. He didn't do shit in the last match except biting Chiellini.

And no, Uruguay without him would had prolly qualified anyway. Getting the 5th spot in our qualy would had been the hard part, but the playoffs against Jordan (or wtv they are called in English) were a walk in the park.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top