Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Currently, I'm reading Drifters. after i catch up, I'll finish reading Jiraishin, next thing to read would be Shamo.
Btw, Jiraishin is 18+ i guess the same applies for Shamo :cheez
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Started reading Skyhigh and Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu two manga that are filled with philosophical questions, the first ones focus is on death, the second one is shot stories with a wide range of topics.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
With the reading of the first part of the story, Yami no Aegis, it's time to change the momentum. I need to read something more kiddish like One Piece, Naruto and Detective Conan.

Okay! Let's go! :hee
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I caught up with Space Brothers and REAL, both extremely good, now I'm going to start my vacation package. :XD
I'm going to read Berserk, Oyasumi Punpun, Shigurui and Immortal Regis, initially.

I'm gonna make some rereadings as well. Let the vacation begin! :arf
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I managed to catch up with 50 chapters of Naruto. Feels so epic with the battle thrillers! :)

I'm reading Shin Tennis no Oujisama. Didn't expect a manga about tennis can last for two series. Quite an achievement for the author. :) Gonna think what else to read after this. :)
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm reading Another, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pick up on a horror manga. :P The premise is interesting so hopefully it's not too scary.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm reading Another, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pick up on a horror manga. :P The premise is interesting so hopefully it's not too scary.
I love its novel.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm finished Immortal Regis, it entertained me, but it is quite confusing which messed with the understading of the plot sometimes. It has a sequel that I'm gonna read later. Next in my list is World Trigger in its second chance because of the anime and all. Hopefully, this time it convinces me. :p
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I'm reading Kami no Shizuku, a story relating to wine. I'm surprised that it is so long which isn't my expectation. haha :) But it is good and it takes some understanding as well as concentration to fully comprehend even the grasp of it. :) I have suddenly become quite knowledgeable in the wine industry, even the culture and social aspects of it.

Hmmm.. full of satisfaction reading a manga like this. hehe :)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
After World Trigger, I started to read Koe no Katachi and already catched up with it. I already knew that it was very good by the oneshot, but the series turned out to be a very unique piece, I'm really enjoying it at fullest. It is good, but it is a bit annoying sometimes because I don't agree with that sense of self-punishment of the main character, but well... I think I can understand why he is like that.
Next on my list is Manhole. It was recommended by someone, but I don't remember who was... I'm gonna read anyway.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I picked up localized tankobons of Psychometrer and Wood-Stock. Both are promising manga, but the prequel to Psychometrer was more memorable to me, somehow. Whereas Wood-Stock could be a good music manga, but the first volume does not give me strong impression like what Beck did. Obviously I'll follow both if I am not forgetting it, especially since Wood-Stock has a badass heroine.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
I started reading Kingdom, it's very good, epic from the start. Didn't think I would like it this much.

I might start reading Tokyou Ghoul soon, I am planning to read Negima and Molester Man too.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Plan to read Makai Ouji Devils and Realist volume 2 when it arrives this week.
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Saga, i started 2 weeks ago and now i'm with Stardust Crusaders, it's so bad but i learning a lot about east asia cultures xp
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm still reading Berserk and I'm enjoying a lot, it is somewhat different from what I'm used to reading because it is way more serious and mature than the series I read, even when it comes to Seinen. The storytelling is very good and full of mysteries, good character and stuff; everything that I enjoy. To compensate Berserk serious reading, I started The Law of Ueki, which is lighter, and I'm enjoying it as well. The powers and the way the competition is made is quite interesting and Ueki and his sense of justice is awesome, he does some unpredictable things because of this strong sense of justice, this turns the story even more interesting.

I just ended the bloody Shigurui, it is good, principally the art and the duels, but the ending was not of my liking ... To substitute it, I started Black Butler. I also ended Manhole, it is awesome, most recommended. After this, I read Tonari no Seki-kun, incredibly funny, and Inari, Kon Kon, Koi, Iroha., which was the series I enjoyed the most among all I read since the beginning of my vacation. I watched the anime and I already liked it, but the story just escalates after the point the anime ended, the art is great, characters are awesome; in short, very good. I caught up in the best moment and now I'm anxious to read more... :zomg

I also started Solanin today.
 
Last edited:

theruleofflaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
3
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I'm reading Ookami Shojou Kuro Ouji. This manga is just so hilarious right from chapter 1.
I'm planning to read next is Gokukoku no Brynhildr. I don't plan to watch the anime yet until I have read the manga.

---------- Post added August 07, 2014 at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was July 31, 2014 at 06:36 PM ----------

Currently reading Tokyo Ghoul. Haven't decided yet what to read next.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Currently reading Tokyo Ghoul. Haven't decided yet what to read next.
After hearing about the changes that were made in the anime thread, I've been keen to read Tokyo Ghoul too. However, I will probably pick it up after the anime ends so the manga won't disrupt my enjoyment of watching it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Time to update my readings. :p

I'm still reading The Law of Ueki, almost finishing, and Black Butler, I'm enjoying both very much although the first chapters of the second one was not that good, but it got better since then. I put Berserk on on hold because my busy second semester will start shortly, it has a few chapters per year anyway, so it is not that much, I can catch up later. XD

I read Vitamin, short story, but quite inspiring, I liked it... I also read Inu x Boku SS, finally, after watching the anime and consider it a masterpiece (xD) and I found as good as the anime. I hope it gets more chapters soon. I read Pupa, kind interesting in a gross manner. xD

I started Otoyomegatari, 3 chapters so far, very good, the art is gorgeous and the story is refreshing, as expected from a slice of life. I also started Gamma (γ) and Myuu & I (μ & i), the second is very new and has an incredible potential, the first is not that new and it is kinda fun; I read one chapter each so far.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I'm going to continue read Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo ESP, I guess. Two series that I had started a long time ago but kinda unmotivated to continue following it due to the fact that the Edited Manga wasn't consistent enough.
 
Top