Game Fan League Discussion Thread

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
That wonders me. Do Akiba profile suggest anything about his tech? As is he look weaker than Court 3. And we knows there are court 1 and court 2 people after that even. Or was it the result of U-17 training vs playing for the country?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That wonders me. Do Akiba profile suggest anything about his tech? As is he look weaker than Court 3. And we knows there are court 1 and court 2 people after that even. Or was it the result of U-17 training vs playing for the country?
Akiba's profile describes him as a strong server and smasher with good reach due to his long arms. You could argue that since being a big server is a great advantage, he's above the 2nd stringers even though his stats are weaker, however I personally believe that 3rd court and above have surpassed him though.

---------- Post added August 15, 2014 at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2014 at 08:20 AM ----------

So since we were discussing KOs and KO moves on the previous page, I tried to rework them a bit. One way to make them harder to pull off is to increase everyone's HP a bit by making it [Power + Stamina] instead of just [Power]. Furthermore I'm also planning to add fixed damage values to the respective specials, however a "problem" I encountered here is that most of the KO moves really should kill most people in one shot assuming they connect. If anyone wants to take a shot at fixed damage values, here are the relevant stats:

Krauser vs Nakagauchi
9 HP
2 Southern Cross + 1 Boosted Southern Cross -> 8 DMG

Kawamura/Kabaji vs Ban
11 HP
Kabaji no Haru + 26th Style Hadokyuu -> 0+ DMG

Date vs Kawamura
8 HP
Danji no Haru + 1-2 Danji no Natsu -> 7-8 DMG

Date vs Kabaji
8 HP
1-2 Danji no Natsu -> 6-7 DMG

Ishida vs Watanabe
12 HP
108th Style Hadokyuu -> 11- DMG

Watanabe vs Ishida
8 HP
Duke Homerun -> 8+ DMG

Here's what I'm currently thinking:

Hopping Ball: 5
Southern Cross: 6 (8 after Tenacity)
Danji no Haru: 7
Danji no Natsu: 8
108th Style of Hadokyuu: 10
Duke Homerun: 12

-Nakagauchi and Ban have feats that make them immune to HP drops of 6 or less and 7 or less respectively. Kawamura has a feat that prevents his KO three times.

So yeah, if anyone wants to give it a shot, feel free to.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
One way to make them harder to pull off is to increase everyone's HP a bit by making it [Power + Stamina] instead of just [Power]. Furthermore I'm also planning to add fixed damage values to the respective specials, however a "problem" I encountered here is that most of the KO moves really should kill most people in one shot assuming they connect.
Sounds nice to me. How is it a problem tho? Like, if Fuji eats a Hadou, I would expect him not to stand up, lol.

Do you plan on changing Date? He seemed REALLY hard to use in the last game, and with a not really big reward.

Also, I have a silly request: I was just re-reading NPoT, and I saw how Sakata made Krauser trip. We know he already tried to do this to Tezuka, but failed. Could this be turned into a feat that lowers mental before the match starts or something? No one is gonna pick him anyway, but I thought it would be a funny ability.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sounds nice to me. How is it a problem tho? Like, if Fuji eats a Hadou, I would expect him not to stand up, lol.
Well, it's not a problem for me, personally. I mostly mean it won't be much different from last season where we had lots of KOs. It'll still be a good strategy.

Do you plan on changing Date? He seemed REALLY hard to use in the last game, and with a not really big reward.
He'll KO easier now I think. That aside, due to the way the point system will be changed (3 games for 3 sets -> 7 points), it'll be much easier to chain his moves together in the proper order. The power boost he will receive will also go up a little. Otherwise, I'll probably only change something if Sai translates his profile and there's anything interesting in there, but at the moment I don't see that happening.

Also, I have a silly request: I was just re-reading NPoT, and I saw how Sakata made Krauser trip. We know he already tried to do this to Tezuka, but failed. Could this be turned into a feat that lowers mental before the match starts or something? No one is gonna pick him anyway, but I thought it would be a funny ability.
That's probably doable.




Also, since it's been a while since I last posted an ability, here is Sanada's new feat:

-Slap me! [Counter Feat]:
Triggers in Doubles when Mental is 0 for the first time. Mental permanently increases by partner's Mental and cannot decrease until the end of the match.
---------- Post added September 11, 2014 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2014 at 08:11 AM ----------

Alright, so, about the ? stat boosts - I feel like I could probably assign values to them at this point, but the question is whether I should or not. Any opinions on this?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, it's not a problem for me, personally. I mostly mean it won't be much different from last season where we had lots of KOs. It'll still be a good strategy.
Well, it is what it is then I guess, this is how SPoT works lol.

Alright, so, about the ? stat boosts - I feel like I could probably assign values to them at this point, but the question is whether I should or not. Any opinions on this?
I'm not a huge fan of them tbh, Tezuka was Jesus in the last game lol. I really don't know, if we knew more about TnK it would be way easier.

But, in any case, how big was the number you were thinking of for ¨?¨ ?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But, in any case, how big was the number you were thinking of for ¨?¨ ?
Depends on the exact ability, but uh... less than 10 total?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Wasn't Duke's Homerun total bigger than that?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Also, if Mu has no cost now, shouldn't it be a counter-feat or something like that? Or I'm missing some abilities that could take benefit from it?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
DH was +9; might either stay this way or go down to +8.

Can you rephrase your other question, please? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking in the second part.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
DH was +9; might either stay this way or go down to +8.

Can you rephrase your other question, please? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking in the second part.
So Duke can actually damage TnK Tezuka.

Uhm... sure. You told me that Tanegashima's Mu won't cost stamina now, so I thought there's really no reason why anyone would not to use it in every single point... so it might as well be a counter-feat instead of a special move, right?

Do I need to rephrase it again? ._.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I see. Theoretically yes, practically it's listed as a special, so I'm generally inclined to leave it as such. This way it'll trigger stuff that activates when the opponent uses a Special.

---------- Post added September 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2014 at 04:31 PM ----------

Testing a new format.

[abbr=Activation: Negated if Technique is less than opponent’s Power.
Data: Speed increases by 4 and cannot decrease. Opponent's Technique cannot increase.]-Wonder Castle [Special - Lv 4][/abbr]

Hover with your mouse over the ability to see the description. This should make things easier on the eyes. I'll also provide a pdf with all abilities in the normal format though for those who preferred that.

---------- Post added September 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM ----------

While I'm at posting new formats, I'm considering this one as well:

Byoudouin Houou [29, SB: 3, HP: 13, AR, R]
(SPE: 2, POW: 6, STA: 7, MEN: 7, TEC: 7)

Any opinions on which one's better, this one or the one from last season?

---------- Post added October 04, 2014 at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was September 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM ----------

So I'm entertaining the possibility of a season 2.5 kinda thing once I'm done with the relevant characters. We would use the new rules and updated characters obviously, but only take 4 characters per team (so two Singles and one Doubles). With 32 characters the maximum number of players would be 8. Thoughts?
 
Last edited:

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
So I'm entertaining the possibility of a season 2.5 kinda thing once I'm done with the relevant characters. We would use the new rules and updated characters obviously, but only take 4 characters per team (so two Singles and one Doubles). With 32 characters the maximum number of players would be 8. Thoughts?
You mean maximum no. of teams would be 8 i guess?
Whatever you're thinking just go ahead with it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
@Kaoz, I would give Byoudouin a 3 in Speed and 6 in Stamina. His stamina doesn't seem as strong as his mental, and even if he isn't fast there's no need to make him a turtle lol.

I would play a mini-season 2.5, why not.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Kaoz, I would give Byoudouin a 3 in Speed and 6 in Stamina. His stamina doesn't seem as strong as his mental, and even if he isn't fast there's no need to make him a turtle lol.
He has an ability to increase his Speed, after which his stats are 6/6/7/7/7. I've thought about the Stamina thing for quite a while and ended up with this more so because of the HP value than Stamina itself actually - the way I interpret his profile description is "even if his Stamina isn't perfect, we're still rating this with the highest value because of other factors".
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I just personally think that he has extremely good power and stamina, but godlike mental and technique, so it seems kinda odd for me to see a 7 in stamina too. If it's for game balance purposes I don't mind it at all, I was just throwing my 2 cents about him.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I agree that as far as pure endurance goes he should only have a 6. What I was trying to say is that I opted for the 7 based on another factor, like how Kimijima, Ochi and Irie all have a 7 in Mental but not for exactly the same reasons. Speaking of Irie:

-Performance [Feat]:
If Mental exceeds opponent's Mental, opponent's Speed, Power and Technique decrease by the difference and opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5 are negated.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I know I know, I understood your reasoning. Again, just voicing my opinion lol.

Oh so no more ¨just kidding¨ moments with Irie? :( (and Niou can copy him now even though that doesn't sound super smart?)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
(and Niou can copy him now even though that doesn't sound super smart?)
I knew I was forgetting something.

Also, regarding Niou, since neither Tezuka nor Kikumaru are in this mini season, I've decided to give him their abilities directly and his name will change accordingly when activating them. He'll get Illusion back for the main season though.

I'm also almost finished with all the characters, so we'll probably be able to start in a few days.

---------- Post added October 14, 2014 at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2014 at 03:19 PM ----------

Done with the characters we will be using. I still need some time to update the rules and format everything, but I figured I'd share the character data already. You can either look at it online or download the whole thing as pdf. Let me know if you spot any errors.

---------- Post added October 20, 2014 at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2014 at 05:33 PM ----------

As I mentioned previously, I plan on changing the drafting process:

Rules said:
All characters have been assigned a point value. At the beginning of each drafting round, every player will receive Credit Points depending on the value of the most expensive, still available character. During their turn, a player can pick as many characters as they wish as long as the total value of those characters does not exceed that player's Credit Points. Unused Credit Points carry over into the next round.

The drafting order for each round is determined by the total value of every player's team with the lowest valued team going first and the highest valued one going last. In case of a tie in value, players will pick in reverse order of the previous round. The drafting order will be randomized during the first round.
Does this need more clarification or is everything clear?

---------- Post added October 21, 2014 at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was October 20, 2014 at 04:56 PM ----------

And the thread is up, go sign up if you want to play.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2998628-Shin-Prince-of-Tennis-Fan-League-II-Season-2.5
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Hey Kaoz, Kin-Chan's mental will stay at 7 if he teams up in doubles with Shiraishi right?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hey Kaoz, Kin-Chan's mental will stay at 7 if he teams up in doubles with Shiraishi right?
Yes. His Super Rookie feat won't take him to 8 or 9 though.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
:hugarigatou.

---------- Post added October 30, 2014 at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was October 28, 2014 at 06:05 AM ----------

I'm confused whether Oni has Ten'imuhou no Kiwami or not in the fan league. It's not listed in his profile. But the Demon feat cannot be activated while Ten'imuhou is activated. I guess he has it? Is there a way to activate or deactivate it for Oni's case?
And the special 'Demon' can be activated by Super Sweet Spot right?
 
Top