- Joined
- Oct 23, 2012
- Messages
- 2,314
- Reaction score
- 694
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!
Couple of things I want to say.
First off, when I call a lazy guy, lazy. I'm neither bitching, nor complaining. I don't think an author owes me anything, nor did I even say that I'm particularly pissed off at the current two weeks break. I'm stating what I think is the clear truth. I rarely go out of my way to express displeasure at an author taking a break, which is why I didn't make any post regarding the current break in of itself in the chapter discussion thread, and simply replied to goodyfresh's original post of him wondering why no one's being honest about Togashi's lazy-assness. If he hadn't posted that, I wouldn't have said anything in the discussion thread regarding the break. You people seem to seriously misunderstand the idea of bitching or complaining. If I state a negative fact about someone(in this case, Togashi being unenthusiastic about his job), it's not bitching, it's simply stating a fact. Or what, am I only allowed to say the positive facts about someone or otherwise I'm bitching? That's some difficult logic you guys have. Togashi himself has stated on so many occasions that rather than working, he'd prefer to relax, have fun and enjoy his time(he literally said that). Togashi is one of my favorite authors of all time, tying in with Takehikou Inoue. I even like how he doesn't seem to mind telling you that he doesn't give a crap about you, while staring you dead in the eyes. But he's lazy. That's just the way it is.
Second thing I want say is about the authors working schedule. Don't take it at face value. This is just an idea of how their work is, it's not exactly like that. They work a lot, that's for damn sure, it's just not the exact same as their schedule. I hear all the time about authors like Hiro Mashima playing video games with their assistants and chilling from time to time in their working days. How would they do that if they LITERALLY kept working every minute of their waking time? In fact, Mashima just posted on his twitter that he bought the remastered version of the Last of Us for PS4. So again, don't take it at face value. They work, they chill, they play, they don't need you to worry about them. And again, there are people that work(a job they don't like, but they have to) every day of the week from 6 AM to 10 PM(once again, not to be taken at face value) under the sun's cruel heat rather than a well conditioned room for an annual payment that may as well be nothing compared to authors.
As for a Mangaka's job being the "hard one" compared to doctors or soldiers because it requires creativity........
Couple of things I want to say.
First off, when I call a lazy guy, lazy. I'm neither bitching, nor complaining. I don't think an author owes me anything, nor did I even say that I'm particularly pissed off at the current two weeks break. I'm stating what I think is the clear truth. I rarely go out of my way to express displeasure at an author taking a break, which is why I didn't make any post regarding the current break in of itself in the chapter discussion thread, and simply replied to goodyfresh's original post of him wondering why no one's being honest about Togashi's lazy-assness. If he hadn't posted that, I wouldn't have said anything in the discussion thread regarding the break. You people seem to seriously misunderstand the idea of bitching or complaining. If I state a negative fact about someone(in this case, Togashi being unenthusiastic about his job), it's not bitching, it's simply stating a fact. Or what, am I only allowed to say the positive facts about someone or otherwise I'm bitching? That's some difficult logic you guys have. Togashi himself has stated on so many occasions that rather than working, he'd prefer to relax, have fun and enjoy his time(he literally said that). Togashi is one of my favorite authors of all time, tying in with Takehikou Inoue. I even like how he doesn't seem to mind telling you that he doesn't give a crap about you, while staring you dead in the eyes. But he's lazy. That's just the way it is.
Second thing I want say is about the authors working schedule. Don't take it at face value. This is just an idea of how their work is, it's not exactly like that. They work a lot, that's for damn sure, it's just not the exact same as their schedule. I hear all the time about authors like Hiro Mashima playing video games with their assistants and chilling from time to time in their working days. How would they do that if they LITERALLY kept working every minute of their waking time? In fact, Mashima just posted on his twitter that he bought the remastered version of the Last of Us for PS4. So again, don't take it at face value. They work, they chill, they play, they don't need you to worry about them. And again, there are people that work(a job they don't like, but they have to) every day of the week from 6 AM to 10 PM(once again, not to be taken at face value) under the sun's cruel heat rather than a well conditioned room for an annual payment that may as well be nothing compared to authors.
As for a Mangaka's job being the "hard one" compared to doctors or soldiers because it requires creativity........

.
). Imo we cant complain if he is not able to keep up with this tight routine for so many years.
I'm just waiting for somebody to spot Togashi this week out at the grocery-store looking perfectly fine and healthy and able to walk around for hours, like has happened in the past on occasions when he claimed he was sick or hurt. Or maybe nobody will see him because he's cooped-up playing Dragon Quest? 