Re: Naruto 694 Discussion/ 695 Predictions
That's the thing, we cannot see past the atrocities that Obito has committed to appreciate the guy for the good that he did. Because it's minuscule in comparison. The same does not apply for Naruto. Hell, the same does not apply for some people in real life. Just because we cannot do it does not mean that is wrong for Naruto to. And once again nobody is saying that Obito is forgiven. Or saying that he has a clean slate of any kind, or even skipping over anything he has done. The example is in the Sakura page that I linked. Even though Obito has done all the things that he has done she still thought that she should thank him for saving Naruto. It's the same the case here. So I fail to see how it spits on anyone's grave. If he had forgiven Obito that would be one thing but that was said nowhere. Also, like to point out that I never said that Naruto was right in calling Obito the coolest either. I just never took it as seriously as a lot of people seem to.
And that's you, just like I said above. I wouldn't be able to do it either that doesn't mean that I don't understand why Naruto did it. The rest is your own subjective opinion really. If it really did say all that then the people from his past wouldn't
carry so much weight for him. His mother, his father, Jiraiya, Itachi, Hiruzen, Neji none of them would matter. Doesn't understand the value of life… Seriously?
Just because someone does some horrible horrible things does not mean I cannot appreciate them for the person they were before they did those things. In manga example: Hiruzen and Orochimaru.
It also does not mean that because I do this I'm looking past all the horrible things that they did. That's just conjecture.
Right and wrong are a matter of opinion, so frankly you saying that Naruto isn't wrong for doing what he is doing is just an opinion, just like my opinion that what he is doing makes him an asshole.
Naruto isn't making the claims you are making. Naruto flat out defended Obito and called him the "coolest guy". Naruto has made a habit of defending awful humans because he relates to them, and while that is his own prerogative to have faith in every human he comes across, it's a shitty thing for a potential leader to do on a constant basis.
Zabuza, Gaara, Nagato, and Obito. Out of all these people, the only person who atoned for his sins in a meaningful manner in my opinion was Gaara. The fact that these people were a product of the ninja system (much like Itachi and Sasuke) to me is irrelevant. You can feel sorry for them, you can empathize with them (I do). But to praise them as a whole (which is what Naruto does, again he isn't saying what you are saying, he isn't saying their bad acts outweigh their good acts) is just wrong, and it does spit on the graves of innocents they have harmed. I would love for Naruto to sing his praise for all these people in front the family members of the people they killed and see him convince them that they shouldn't be angry with Naruto.
Naruto hasn't done what Sakura did, so comparing the two of them is pointless. To appreciate something means you understand it as a whole, it means you take into account all of it. Naruto doesn't do that when he see's people, or even worse, he does what Hiruzen did and overlooks people for what they've become and what they do. He did this with Sasuke, and he's done this with everyone from Gaara to Obito. His praise of Obito wasn't about the child Obito or the redeemed Obito, it was about Obito as a whole.
Now, I like that Naruto doesn't give up. But there is a difference between giving up and accepting things for how they are.
I won't doubt for stories sake, and because of the message Kishi is trying to portray that Naruto is going to succeed where his ancestors failed and is going redeem and change Sasuke.
But Naruto's hopeless optimism is once again rearing it's head when it comes to Sasuke and I wonder if he has the resolve to kill his friend. I wonder if he has what it takes to accept that Sasuke may be too far gone.
So ultimately, my issue with Naruto calling Obito the "coolest guy" has nothing to do with Obito, it has everything to do with Naruto.
Naruto strives to be a leader, he strives to be Hokage, and yet I don't think he understands (much like Sasuke doesn't) that you being a Hokage isn't about what you think a Hokage is, it's about what
the people think a Hokage is. And while the people may choose Naruto to be Hokage, I wonder if they will agree with his sentiments about future people like Obito and Nagato and how Naruto treats them and chooses to punish them, if he even chooses to punish them at all if they repent for their crimes.