COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Well, battles are epic but I won't change my opinion on the trilogy just because of the last movie tbh xD Hopefully the third movie will be amazing though, and less cheesy. I hope he pulls it off better than the last two, although like I said there were clear highlights in them too, and parts he brought amazingly to the screen.

The biggest disappointment to me in the previous movies were the Mirkwood adventure. Mirkwood was a major part in the book and conveyed amazingly in terms of the struggle through it. Think of it like the Moria Mine of The Hobbit (which Jackson did amazingly in LOTR). The party traveled "endlessly" through Mirkwood, almost starved etc. It was way more dramatic and a struggle in the book, while in the film he made them walk around for a couple minutes, highlight how they were "lost and walking in circles", and then put most of the screentime/highlight on the Spider battle. Didn't dig Mirkwood at all since that was a part I really enjoyed. The Elf capture afterwards was great apart the cheesy Elf/Dwarf love filler bullshit.

The actor that portrayed Pippin in LOTR is writing and performing the end credit song O_O I'm a fan of his singing for Denethor in the third LOTR movie, but curious if he can really deliver a whole "real" song.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Since I haven't had the pleasure of reading the last 20 pages, are you excited about the Ice and Fire book coming tomorrow?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

h4h4 is a better meme.

There really is, but at the same time isn't. Care is something you build up over time. Just replacing your dead 12 year old dog with a new dog is always hard xD

God that's awful... RIP

Yes I'm the bezz senpai :kappa
You and your memes :XD

lol nice comparison there, but yeah. Don't think anything can really replace Naruto for me, too many memories connected to that. I probably wouldn't exist on MH without that series x'D

Extremely awful, Germany has a habit of trashing the anime they release over here. Well it got better, it has it's niche group, but in the early days you only had a mainly kids oriented channel which ruined every show (well ofc not in the eyes of unknown kids, like me and many others haha).

Nice troll mate :kappa
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Since I haven't had the pleasure of reading the last 20 pages, are you excited about the Ice and Fire book coming tomorrow?
Gah, cmon...this has been discussed at least twice now

He isn't a true fan, so no, he doesn't care :gnut
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Gah, cmon...this has been discussed at least twice now

He isn't a true fan, so no, he doesn't care :gnut
What!? Didn't he like whine about the show x1000 because "lulz its not liek buch".

Guess you're the chosen one Gary
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

What!? Didn't he like whine about the show x1000 because "lulz its not liek buch".

Guess you're the chosen one Gary
No, I'm a total fanboy over the series. Just saying that him and niichan didn't seem to care about the book.

I'll probably get it myself though. I was pretty hyped some months ago, and kinda forgot. Been pretty much a zombie lately...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Don't be a total fanboy like Gary ---> not a true fan :kappa
Wow...:pjsalt
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Since I haven't had the pleasure of reading the last 20 pages, are you excited about the Ice and Fire book coming tomorrow?
rofl nice discussion here..

I'll probably get it, but I'm not gonna run to the book store and get it at release date etc. I "don't care", or whatever Gary said. Guess I'm not a true fan. I'm most interested in the maps and art to be frank.

You and your memes :XD

lol nice comparison there, but yeah. Don't think anything can really replace Naruto for me, too many memories connected to that. I probably wouldn't exist on MH without that series x'D

Extremely awful, Germany has a habit of trashing the anime they release over here. Well it got better, it has it's niche group, but in the early days you only had a mainly kids oriented channel which ruined every show (well ofc not in the eyes of unknown kids, like me and many others haha).

Nice troll mate :kappa
:^)

I wouldn't exist here if not for the series. All my manga relations etc is due to the series ^^ I doubt I would ever get the same "connection" with Bleach, after all I read/watched them around the same time (I actually watched Bleach before Naruto), and just never cared about it the same way. I joined forums for Naruto, not Bleach.

Haha, anime was never in Norway. I really don't understand why. People here must be fking morons (tv channels I mean). The only anime that was really shown here was Pokémon and Digimon. The latter was probably only shown because of Pokémon's proven success over here, plus it was a rival channel's answer to another channel showing Pokémon. I don't get why channels never showed other anime, especially Dragonball for example. Surely there are censored versions of DB? Or maybe not, and that's why since it's supremely violent. In Portugal though they took very well care of anime, if we compare OPs etc the Portuguese OPs were usually really good xD They also never bothered to replace the OST etc of series. Dragonball for example has the original Japanese OST and sounds so much better than the English dub tbh. It's something about the tone of the music in relation to the sfx in the series that don't match as well with the English dub, and the OPs were always great, as well for other anime.

Not troll, in two weeks I will the the bezz senpai :kappa
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

The map set was Lands of Ice and Fire, a ton of huge maps in that one. I imagine any maps in TWOIAF won't be much different than the ones we got in the books already.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

oh, too bad. Then I look forward to the art, lol.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

You can tell me how it is after you get it, I might consider to buy it if I hear good things :kappa

:^)

I wouldn't exist here if not for the series. All my manga relations etc is due to the series ^^ I doubt I would ever get the same "connection" with Bleach, after all I read/watched them around the same time (I actually watched Bleach before Naruto), and just never cared about it the same way. I joined forums for Naruto, not Bleach.

Haha, anime was never in Norway. I really don't understand why. People here must be fking morons (tv channels I mean). The only anime that was really shown here was Pokémon and Digimon. The latter was probably only shown because of Pokémon's proven success over here, plus it was a rival channel's answer to another channel showing Pokémon. I don't get why channels never showed other anime, especially Dragonball for example. Surely there are censored versions of DB? Or maybe not, and that's why since it's supremely violent. In Portugal though they took very well care of anime, if we compare OPs etc the Portuguese OPs were usually really good xD They also never bothered to replace the OST etc of series. Dragonball for example has the original Japanese OST and sounds so much better than the English dub tbh. It's something about the tone of the music in relation to the sfx in the series that don't match as well with the English dub, and the OPs were always great, as well for other anime.

Not troll, in two weeks I will the the bezz senpai :kappa
Well yeah, that's the same for me. Saw some german episodes here, couldn't wait and watched the subbed versions of later episodes online, went to a huge german Naruto forum, started reading the manga.... and that's where it all started. Started reading Bleach and OP afterwards ofc, but it never was the same as with Naruto, even though I saw One Piece here in TV way before Naruto. Remembering the good old times when I fangasmed over Naruto each day :') I think I watched 30 episodes a day or so at the beginning, saw the whole Sasuke Rescue Arc in one setting because I was just "OMG AWESOME" :XD Good times, even though I was a noob back then.

Never? Oo That's surprising, how did you get into contact with Naruto and Bleach then? Here it started with Pokemon ofc, followed shortly after with LOTS of anime series (Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Digimon, Shin-chan, One Piece, Doremi, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, etc etc...) and Dragonball was a HUGE hype over here, though I think we talked about that already. They censored it, just like every show that showed blood and whatnot, because it was aimed at kids, but there still was a big discussion if it's okay to let children watch something as violent as Dragonball XD So stupid, really.
Well but I think they used the original OST for the most time here too, only the OP and japanese insert songs were done differently. Many were pretty good actually, not sure why it was so heavily changed for Naruto (and so crappy). For example the Digimon OP was kept the same way, just with a german voice. Maybe it's simply nolstagia, but I still think it's pretty good

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

oh, too bad. Then I look forward to the art, lol.
Yeah, apparently there's a shitload of that. I'm more hyped about the historical pieces though.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

OMG NUNO GONE FOR THE WHOLE DAY, WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?
Sometimes, I too have something called "a life". Thanks for noticing tho, LOL. I literally laughed out loud from that post :XD

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Yeah, apparently there's a shitload of that. I'm more hyped about the historical pieces though.
Well to me it's kind of indication of canon. I doubt GRRM would allow Balerion to be that big or some shit if it was false. In other words he looks badass.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Yeah, since a lot of the art is from ancillary characters, the commissioned artist definitely had "canon guidance".
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Sometimes, I too have something called "a life". Thanks for noticing tho, LOL. I literally laughed out loud from that post :XD
Isn't that good to know... :XD I hope you had fun, whatever you did in that life of yours :nunogasm

Being able to make you laugh out loud fills my heart with happiness :kappa
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Yeah, since a lot of the art is from ancillary characters, the commissioned artist definitely had "canon guidance".
Some of the art we've seen has been fantastic. I look forward to seeing all of it.

Isn't that good to know... :XD I hope you had fun, whatever you did in that life of yours :nunogasm

Being able to make you laugh out loud fills my heart with happiness :kappa
.. Kind of sad it's amazing if I'm not online for a day ^^

I went to Oslo and had lunch with some mates, then we went to a huge wall climbing park and climbed for 4 hours. Pretty jelly in my arms right now. If you don't know what it is, it's this.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

I went to Oslo and had lunch with some mates, then we went to a huge wall climbing park and climbed for 4 hours. Pretty jelly in my arms right now. If you don't know what it is, it's this.

Damn I love these things and have fun pretending to be spiderman and shit
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

.. Kind of sad it's amazing if I'm not online for a day ^^

I went to Oslo and had lunch with some mates, then we went to a huge wall climbing park and climbed for 4 hours. Pretty jelly in my arms right now. If you don't know what it is, it's this.

lol not amazing or anything, but ofc it's noticeable because that hardly happened lately.

Oooh, I've been to one several times before too, always cool to climb dem walls :zomg Prolly been 2 or 3 years since I last was at a climbing park but it's really fun. Can't say I've ever climbed the most hard parts though, where you're close to climbing in a horizontal way :XD Are you a good climber?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top