COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Well I like it. I said it when I watched the first two episodes of the anime though, that I liked the premise of the story and knew I would like it unless it took a very odd turn. I'm kind of waiting for "shit to get real" which I assume will happen soon because of the catalyst (Mado(?) dying), making the Investigators increase their focus on the 20th Ward. Don't talk about the series though please with it's "coming soon" or whatever, it's so boring to know details. Just read what I type and be silent ^^ I kind of dislike knowing that "oh then you are right around the corner!" etc since then I stop reading the story like an ignorant and start looking at things differently, expecting twists around the next page etc.

I got a question you can answer though, maybe. Does the mangaka have a relation to Shingeki no Kyojin? I find the artwork sort of similar for the characters/faces O_O Especially looking at Touka and Misaka for example, the EYES especially.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Wasn't like that on the server I was playing on mate... or should I call you WoW god? :^)

lol are you trying to show off? :XD I know all of that, at least from friends who told me. I might not have seen much of 40 player Ahn'qiraj and nothing of Naxxramas back then, but I know the tier levels, thanks :lmao
Man I love how the WoW nerd is surfacing in this Convo, please don't bash the little noob me too hard :')

Yeah, basically the same for me.

haha more bishounen sounds fitting, I know what you mean XD Can't really find a better word either.
Well I was pretty good, as nerdy as that sounds... LOL

Wasn't like what? Blackwing Lair wasn't pick-up status? I mean our guild took gold to bring people into Molten Core and BWL xD We brought 10 guildies + 30 randoms for MC IIRC, and IIRC 20 + 20 for BWL. Our guildies stopped caring about BWL long before the expansion since it was so grinded out. The only reason to join it was to get those points to get gear, so it was pretty annoying with those no-lifers that joined EVERY raid even raids they had no reason (gear wise) to join. I lost quite a bit of gear because I stopped signing up for BWL raids etc and thus other rogues etc got more points than me per week.

Sorry I assumed you were even more noob than you were :^)

Yeah it's about how the characters are drawn... Especially Allen and Kanda are super obvious when you look at them. You literally can't tell if Allen is a boy or girl sometimes.

Are you amaze I started reading it out of the blue btw? :kappa
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Well I like it. I said it when I watched the first two episodes of the anime though, that I liked the premise of the story and knew I would like it unless it took a very odd turn. I'm kind of waiting for "shit to get real" which I assume will happen soon because of the catalyst (Mado(?) dying), making the Investigators increase their focus on the 20th Ward. Don't talk about the series though please with it's "coming soon" or whatever, it's so boring to know details. Just read what I type and be silent ^^ I kind of dislike knowing that "oh then you are right around the corner!" etc since then I stop reading the story like an ignorant and start looking at things differently, expecting twists around the next page etc.

I got a question you can answer though, maybe. Does the mangaka have a relation to Shingeki no Kyojin? I find the artwork sort of similar for the characters/faces O_O Especially looking at Touka and Misaka for example, the EYES especially.
Wow so rude! Don't worry, I only said that to let you know that it gets better in general, I dislike comments like "Next chapter dude!" or something too.

I will just :nod to everything else, because else I guess I would spoil you, yeah xD The guy was called Mado though, indeed.

No, they don't have a relationship at all from what I know. The art will develop quite a bit anyway, so I guess you will find less resemblance later on.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Well I was pretty good, as nerdy as that sounds... LOL

Wasn't like what? Blackwing Lair wasn't pick-up status? I mean our guild took gold to bring people into Molten Core and BWL xD We brought 10 guildies + 30 randoms for MC IIRC, and IIRC 20 + 20 for BWL. Our guildies stopped caring about BWL long before the expansion since it was so grinded out. The only reason to join it was to get those points to get gear, so it was pretty annoying with those no-lifers that joined EVERY raid even raids they had no reason (gear wise) to join. I lost quite a bit of gear because I stopped signing up for BWL raids etc and thus other rogues etc got more points than me per week.

Sorry I assumed you were even more noob than you were :^)

Yeah it's about how the characters are drawn... Especially Allen and Kanda are super obvious when you look at them. You literally can't tell if Allen is a boy or girl sometimes.

Are you amaze I started reading it out of the blue btw? :kappa
Not sure if it was possible at my server, maybe. We simply decided to go through it by ourselves, but ofc with "close" to expansion I mean months before, afterwards we stopped because there simply wasn't much point to it :XD Only did some fun raids here and there, I got my legendary Ragnaros hammer or what it was, good days :')

Oh right, the legendary point system haha, we had that too :XD

Yeah they look too girly, but girls like it I guess. Nowadays it seems the fanbase is mostly female.

Not amazed, just happy :D I hope you started with chapter one? The anime leaves out SO MUCH, it's digusting. I actually am on the last episode now, watched it simply so that I know what to expect for Season 2 while praying that it's more faithful. At least they got the major events right, so hopefully the story won't be too different even if they messed up the order and characters are obviously way more shallow.

---------- Post added November 04, 2014 at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was November 03, 2014 at 06:51 PM ----------

I hope you had another fun ghoul night, Nuno-sama :kappa
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Vergo, Rocinante or Law?
Dude, this is gary, it's probably more like Rukia or Rangiku.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

wtf you trying to say?
That you like bleach more than OP :kappa Just trollin bro, relax. Nobody like Bleach more than OP, even Kubo
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

That you like bleach more than OP :kappa Just trollin bro, relax. Nobody like Bleach more than OP, even Kubo
Pls................
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

3 days left until I ignore you as long as you ignored me :kappa
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Difference = I was busy, you aren't :kappa
Yes I have been actually. Well I've had TIME but not the mood. Jeez stop nagging I will reply tonight -.-

I'm done with tl;dr posts at this rate =/
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Yes I have been actually. Well I've had TIME but not the mood. Jeez stop nagging I will reply tonight -.-

I'm done with tl;dr posts at this rate =/
I will keep nagging you because it brings me joy :kappa

Now stop being so serious, this isn't like you Kamui!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

^.^
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

3c u sad naruto end?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

N A R D O B O Y Z :thornscream
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

3c u sad naruto end?
wow so formal.

yes ofc, it's my fav series ^^

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

No, they don't have a relationship at all from what I know. The art will develop quite a bit anyway, so I guess you will find less resemblance later on.


Not sure if it was possible at my server, maybe. We simply decided to go through it by ourselves, but ofc with "close" to expansion I mean months before, afterwards we stopped because there simply wasn't much point to it :XD Only did some fun raids here and there, I got my legendary Ragnaros hammer or what it was, good days :')

Oh right, the legendary point system haha, we had that too :XD

Yeah they look too girly, but girls like it I guess. Nowadays it seems the fanbase is mostly female.

Not amazed, just happy :D I hope you started with chapter one? The anime leaves out SO MUCH, it's digusting. I actually am on the last episode now, watched it simply so that I know what to expect for Season 2 while praying that it's more faithful. At least they got the major events right, so hopefully the story won't be too different even if they messed up the order and characters are obviously way more shallow.


I hope you had another fun ghoul night, Nuno-sama :kappa
Hmm, I see. I just some some resemblence in terms of how the faces were drawn etc. Thought maybe the author was a previous assistant or something.

Lol, I've gotten two Rag hammers in my few runs in Molten Core after Vanilla xD After you could redesign your items to look like items you had found, I went into MC and on my first run got the legendary part. I didn't finish either of the parts though into the hammer. I also got one for the legendary sword, Thunderfury.

Well depended on how well geared your guild was. With how much dps I did for example, I counted as like 3 noob dps'ers, I don't know. Eventually when you had so good gear you didn't need more people and could 20 man the instances etc. So we just brought along noobs for payment etc. It was pretty cool to get your noob alt geared up that way. Was kinda stupid how fast some people got geared in the end since no one needed the stuff so you got EVERYTHING on your alt xD

Yeah, there were different types of how people used the points, but most people used points. I know some guilds that just "rolled", that's so fucking troll xD

Yeah I heard the majority of fans were females, but it's in a female centric mag is it not?

I believe I answered this :notsure

Any way I'm on chapter 50 I believe.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Hmm, I see. I just some some resemblence in terms of how the faces were drawn etc. Thought maybe the author was a previous assistant or something.

Lol, I've gotten two Rag hammers in my few runs in Molten Core after Vanilla xD After you could redesign your items to look like items you had found, I went into MC and on my first run got the legendary part. I didn't finish either of the parts though into the hammer. I also got one for the legendary sword, Thunderfury.

Well depended on how well geared your guild was. With how much dps I did for example, I counted as like 3 noob dps'ers, I don't know. Eventually when you had so good gear you didn't need more people and could 20 man the instances etc. So we just brought along noobs for payment etc. It was pretty cool to get your noob alt geared up that way. Was kinda stupid how fast some people got geared in the end since no one needed the stuff so you got EVERYTHING on your alt xD

Yeah, there were different types of how people used the points, but most people used points. I know some guilds that just "rolled", that's so fucking troll xD

Yeah I heard the majority of fans were females, but it's in a female centric mag is it not?

I believe I answered this :notsure

Any way I'm on chapter 50 I believe.
Well I don't know for sure, but from the available info it seems he started with a Tokyo Ghoul oneshot (and won a prize with that) and later got it serialized in Weekly Young Jump. I guess many mangaka start as an assistant, but not everyone. Not saying it's impossible, but prolly isn't the case, otherwise it would be known, like with Mashima (Fairy Tail) being a former assistant of Oda.

You mean the legendary item, right? Because you had a shitload of things to get afterwards, to actually make it XD Was quite the hassle actually, but still cool.
It was kind of dumb yeah, but I guess everyone was happy that you could get nice gear really easy, considering it was really hard and tedious back in the early and mid Vanilla days. How much time it took me to get my T0,5 set completed dude, lol....

Uhm no, Jump SQ isn't female centric at all. I guess that's just what happened, like with Kuroko no Basket from Shounen Jump getting MANY female fans because the boys where pretty bishounen.

Chapter 50 heh? I wanna say something but I promised to keep my mouth shut :XD

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Still missing a response in my thread mate :kappa
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Really? O_O Link?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Oh yes it wasn't anything I wanted to say really, since you answered my questions there. Hence the *like*

I'm keeping my mind off the manga, see you on the other side :emocat
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: COME FOR A SCHWING: Cardboard Edition

Oh yes it wasn't anything I wanted to say really, since you answered my questions there. Hence the *like*

I'm keeping my mind off the manga, see you on the other side :emocat
Did you check her stuff?

The three Naruto fanboys need to stick together tomorrow, I demand a meeting between Nuno, jorped and niichan :emocat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top