COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
nuny nuny nuny wattup:XD
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:gnut


nah,not moi

i was just check'n up on you...i see how it is:pout

how work search going?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
:gnut

Man cmon, pass me some of it.

Well going bad since I don't have a job I guess? :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Oh yeah, I'm sure he wanted you to nag about it :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Oh yeah, I'm sure he wanted you to nag about it :4head
It's my pleasure XD

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

And no comment or post? <_< Could it be that you actually want to be asked? xD
Well not much to comment on honestly since I commented quite a bit throughout the read. I'll throw in some more later though.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Hmm Nuno's thread. Interesting.
I have one question, why Schwing lord? :derp
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
:derp

LOL why did it take so long for someone to make out that baiting title :XD

Kind of a play with words, but mostly just to show my hype around Hisoka. It's a fun title even though it can bait REALLY weirdly, lmao.

You just discovered this thread :residentsleeper
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
:derp

LOL why did it take so long for someone to make out that baiting title :XD

Kind of a play with words, but mostly just to show my hype around Hisoka. It's a fun title even though it can bait REALLY weirdly, lmao.

You just discovered this thread :residentsleeper
LOL ok I see. I just thought you were a perv like Ryo Saeba :p Which is perfectly fine :kappa
And yeah I know I'm too slow.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Who the hell is that char :notsure

Schwing is the "sfx" that shows when Hisoka goes orgasm-mode, roflmao. Just find it hilarious. Hisoka is a beast character in manga history.

Cmon, keep up :disappoint
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Who the hell is that char :notsure

Schwing is the "sfx" that shows when Hisoka goes orgasm-mode, roflmao. Just find it hilarious. Hisoka is a beast character in manga history.

Cmon, keep up :disappoint
Yeah I know what Schwing means, and the Japanese version of it is "Mokkori". That char I just talked about has it all the time :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Yeah I know what Schwing means, and the Japanese version of it is "Mokkori". That char I just talked about has it all the time :XD
Haha :XD

Sounds like a great character? :kappa

I'm sure you've missed something anyway, just like with the finger cracking 8)

How did you like the last arc/the ending, and what do you think of the sequel so far?
Not sure what that has to do with anything... wtf... I don't mind you nagging someone else.

I'll keep it short for now. I think the Aogiri Attack or whatever the official name is of the arc, was the best arc in the series. Kind of obvious because of the hype of Kaneki going crazy badass, but it was written really liked his torture to be honest, as weird as that sounds. I'm wondering if I actually liked that more than the rest. It was just so well written with the Rize "ghost" and monologue. The arc felt really deep. The other two following felt more like action arcs with less depth, although they had some big developments too like Kaneki meeting the Doc (forgot name and too lazy).

Going back to the last arc, I thought it was rather unhype compared to the other two to be frank. The Anteiku characters that were fighting with the Manager weren't very interesting to begin with IMO, so the focus was kind of "whatever". The owl battle (both real and fake) was really good however. I really liked that. Shinohara/Suzuya development was really well done. Arima seems to be really liked by the fans? I personally didn't care for him that much actually, but he was cool too. As for Kaneki the ending was really surprising to me. I thought for sure he would do something, or something would happen that would get him out of the troublesome situation with Arima. Extremely surprised actually. As for his battle with Amon, like I said in a TG thread, his potential with Kaneki was rather misplayed IMO. It wasn't fully exposed and I really feel bitter about that. Kind of realistic in a way, as them having a longer discussion in that situation would've been really stupid, but I really wanted it regardless. They came to a sort of understanding without talking much (not wanting each other to die), but I would've wanted a conversation so badly regardless... As for the sequel, well I don't know really yet, it was interesting but really "resetting" too, like the name implies... Feels very different and I already miss the old characters. I'm rather bitter about Amon dying, Kaneki being "buried"(?) as Haise. It's just a little tragic and weird.

Dunno if you saw it @.@ But since you liked the Hinata art:










Sakimichan *-*
Hinata's art >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else there. She/he makes Hinata look so god damn sexy and beautiful. I love it. Everyone else look a bit weird and less like their normal self. Especially Naruto. Kakashi is rather cool IMO though.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not sure what that has to do with anything... wtf... I don't mind you nagging someone else.

I'll keep it short for now. I think the Aogiri Attack or whatever the official name is of the arc, was the best arc in the series. Kind of obvious because of the hype of Kaneki going crazy badass, but it was written really liked his torture to be honest, as weird as that sounds. I'm wondering if I actually liked that more than the rest. It was just so well written with the Rize "ghost" and monologue. The arc felt really deep. The other two following felt more like action arcs with less depth, although they had some big developments too like Kaneki meeting the Doc (forgot name and too lazy).

Going back to the last arc, I thought it was rather unhype compared to the other two to be frank. The Anteiku characters that were fighting with the Manager weren't very interesting to begin with IMO, so the focus was kind of "whatever". The owl battle (both real and fake) was really good however. I really liked that. Shinohara/Suzuya development was really well done. Arima seems to be really liked by the fans? I personally didn't care for him that much actually, but he was cool too. As for Kaneki the ending was really surprising to me. I thought for sure he would do something, or something would happen that would get him out of the troublesome situation with Arima. Extremely surprised actually. As for his battle with Amon, like I said in a TG thread, his potential with Kaneki was rather misplayed IMO. It wasn't fully exposed and I really feel bitter about that. Kind of realistic in a way, as them having a longer discussion in that situation would've been really stupid, but I really wanted it regardless. They came to a sort of understanding without talking much (not wanting each other to die), but I would've wanted a conversation so badly regardless... As for the sequel, well I don't know really yet, it was interesting but really "resetting" too, like the name implies... Feels very different and I already miss the old characters. I'm rather bitter about Amon dying, Kaneki being "buried"(?) as Haise. It's just a little tragic and weird.
Why so serious? :XD

Hmm yeah, I think that arc is the best too. Everything around the torture still is my favourite scene and besides being well written the arc obviously turned everything upside down. Don't really agree with Kaneki being super lame/boring before, but there's no doubt that he's turned into a more multi-layered and badass/crazy character.

The whole Kanou hunting is one arc to me (which certainly is more action-focused) but afterwards we get like 20 chapters with hardly any action. Rize/Kaneki confrontation, Hide meets Touka/Touka meets Kaneki, Juuzo backstory, more Amon and Akira characterization, Takasugi Sen (with all the things she reveals to Amon), etc.
I guess the last arc stands out so much, but to me all those things mentioned above were great, it's those stories and interactions where I feel like Ishida really knows what he's doing.

Attack on Anteiku (that's what I call it xD) was really good in my opinion. Sure a connection to most characters was missing but then again, it's not like the Anteiku staffers outside of Yomo and Nishiki + Touka/Kaneki ever got much screentime, so they were not necessarily boring but never had the time to grow on someone. IIRC that's only a really small part of the battle though, most is focusing on Yoshimura/Doves, Kaneki/Amon, One Eyed Owl(King)/Arima. Considering that I really cared for Yoshimura, Kaneki and Amon that arc was pretty great to me overall, not to mention everything that happened.

Like you said, isn't that Amon/Kaneki conversation something you wanted? XD I think everyone wanted that, but reality doesn't work like that and would've made no sense in such a desperate situation anyway. Remember the first chapter? It was Kaneki who said that a story with him in the lead role would certainly be a tragedy, and that's what we got. I was pretty sad but you have to applaud Ishida for his balls, considering the "good" guys lost completely. Just like you I was really surprised too, I don't think anyone expected things to turn out that bad.

That being said, did you read the "Kaneki = Haise ?" thread? Feels like you didn't, there are a lot of hints/proof gathered there. Not sure what makes you think that Amon is dead for good? Lots of people are speculating when he will return, we never saw him die for real. Quite a few suspect that he was used in an experiment with Yoshimura and that he's a ghoul now too (basically opposite sides this time, with Kaneki/Haise working for CCG and Amon for the Ghoul side somehow).
What are your thoughts about Takasugi Sen? (The Novel writer Kaneki admired, who reveals all that stuff to Amon)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Whoops, that turned out rather long haha XD

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Wow dat Gintama chap.... the reveal D:
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
:gwah WTF :gwah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top