Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Started reading Soredemo Boku wa Kimi ga Suki after I saw a chapter of the series in Bessatsu's Shonen Magazine and instantly liked it, even without understanding a word. Seems like it's based on some famous taiwanese novel. Only three chapters translated so far but I really like it. Romance and drama that actually feels pretty real and natural, I hope more translated chapters will follow soon.
 

theruleofflaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
3
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I am currently reading Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. I have nothing next in my to-read list yet but if I finish reading Ansatsu I'll probably re-read Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I've read the first two volumes of Natsume Yuujinchou that a friend lent me. I don't know how many chapters (i.e. Edited Mangas) there are right now, but hopefully I can get caught up when I have time. It does seem like an easy read though.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
I caught up with Dragons Rioting, Birdmen and Trinity Seven. I am currently reading Ajin.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I just thought that I have "neglected" the story of +C Sword and Cornett which I am now catching up on it. I almost forgot what the story was about. Opps! :teehee
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Started reading Subarashii Sekai by Inio Asano.
 

Jordantimber

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
India
I have started reading Magi the labyrinth of magic
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Picked up a new yaoi manga today (Shrink wrapped manga be the best), will read it soon.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can't wait for my vacations, college is ruining my pacing. :(
Currently, I'm reading Pokémon Special that I read until the end of Ruby & Sapphire arc so far. As an eternal fan of Pokémon (my liking for the games diminished, but I continue a fan) I wonder myself everytime I read this manga why they don't make an anime from it! It is just plain awesome! By far the best product from Pokémon franchise.

I caught up with Black Butler, it is also plain awesome. I confess that I had a preconception with the series, I thought that it would be something only girls would like because of all that elegance, but it turned out to be a very good investigation manga with a very well made supernatural side. I caught up with it in a very critical moment. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter!

After ending R&S arc in Pokémon and caught up with Black Butler I'm resting a bit, principally because the college is taking out my skin, but the next of the list is Homunculus, it was recommended to me by someone, I forgot who. I shall start next week. :)
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I started Boku to Issho today, it's a nice manga with bittersweet humor. I'll post more detailed review once I finished it.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I started Boku to Issho today, it's a nice manga with bittersweet humor. I'll post more detailed review once I finished it.
I recently finished it. Totally insane and hilarious. I will remember their faces for the rest of my life.
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
I just caught up with Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illay 3rei, Black buttler and Pandora Hearts.Things there getting awesome than I expected to be.

For the rest.. not really having a manga in my mind to read at the moment. If someone feel like to recommend a manga that I really should read, just PM me.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Having nearly caught up with the LN translations of DanMachi, I am planning to read the manga spinoff Sword Oratoria after this. I started reading Negima but my pace is slow.

For the rest.. not really having a manga in my mind to read at the moment. If someone feel like to recommend a manga that I really should read, just PM me.
What genre?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Finally I finished Aku no Hana today, a manga that I remember I loved, but stopped reading at some point. I binge read 10 chapters, and I have to say it's a fantastic manga, although the ending is somewhat... rushed, though I guess it is satisfying enough. Touches of surrealism here and there was the most fascinating part for me though, and up until now I still don't understand what the author is trying to convey by creating Nakamura.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WHAT I AM READING:

Boku no Hero Academia (current favorite)
SAIKE MATA SHITE MO (wish it would update)
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Hiniiru
KAKURIYO MONOGATARI (same as Saike)
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Currently Reading:

Weekly/monthy etc.

My hero academia: When I saw chapter 1 I actually wan't too hot on it but from chapter two and on wards something about it made me want to keep reading in spite of how cliche I find it. I dunno even if it's a well worn story it's being told competently, I actually do like the characters and I think more than anything I live for that cartoony/anime hybrid kind of style that Horikoshi has. It's a fun series done right and in a sense I've been waiting for a manga like this to come out, I just hope that as it goes down the line it doesn't fall into too many of the pitfalls that many of it's ilk do.

Shokugeki no Soma: Much like the above it's fun done right, and is even one of the few times where I think it handles it's fanservice well by timing it, and mixining it in with it's absurd foodgasims. If it were just that though I wouldn't be reading it as so far it's cast is really proving to be engaging enough to get me pumped in their competitions which revolve around something I have little interest in (unless of course I'm one of the people that gets to eat =P)

Assassination Classroom: I was fond of this series since chapter 1 and sofar it hasn't had any major slip ups with me. It continues to be a charming fun series with a heart and I hope it stays that way.

One Piece: I'm sort of at a state where an entire week will go by with me not once thinking about one piece only for something to go off in my head once I realize a new chapter is out. Regardless of whether or not I even like the chapter I then fall right back into that state of mind. As it is now though while I think the dressrosa arc is starting to feel waaaaay too dragged out, that's something to be expected with this series I know but really I just want to see Luffy fight dolflamingo already so we can move on to the next island. The arc has had some good moments (some damn good moments at that) but I'm starting to get tired of this island.

Yamada and the seven witches: At this point I realize how light-hearted the series in my weekly reading schedule are, but oh well. Loved the first arc, kinda dragged in the middle but now it's picking up the pace again. I don't think it's anything turly special or remarkable but it is likable and even in the drag time I was enjoying myself (unlike some OTHER manga I know that start with N and end in KOI)

Magi: Man I remember when I used to REALLY like magi, now I'm just praying that this year is a decent run. I got tired of that flashback art really quickly and I'm not exactly thrilled to see Hakuryuu go through this whole "I AM OF THE DARK SIDE NOW" nonsense which I fear will bring out some kind of naruto/sasuke BS into a series that dosen't need it, but even when I was really enjoying it, the concept of white and black rukah kinda bothered me and this is exactly the reason as to why. The positive side is that we're focusing on the main cast again (as most of the supporting cast I'm starting to feel to them of what I felt of bleach's supporting cast, which isn't good) and regardless of emo haku I am still curious as to how this will turn out.

UQ holder!: The action is really the only reason I'm reading this, otherwise this is an example of what I feared my hero acedemia would be. Sure I don't really hate any of the characters, except maybe Karin, but they're kinda on the dull side. Only Recently is touta doing something remotely interesting and since I don't have that much faith in the author I doubt the intruge will last for long. All I hope for are fights. I need to read more action manga. And seinin too but that's another topic.

One Punch Man: Love it but man waiting for it is a pain.

Blue exorcist: I keep forgetting this exists, heck I almost forgot to put it on the list. Now that I think about it where are we in the story again?

Spirit Circle: Mizukami Satoshi is probably the closet thing to my favorite mangaka right now (I still need to read more to verify that) but he has just the right mix of humor, drama and character writing to make anything he writes engaging to me. The stories he's done for the past have all been great so far and I'm interested to see what exactly he'll be building up to!

Infrequent/catching up
Sengoku Youko: Mizukami Satoshi manga.

D-Frag: I just recently caught up to this but now I'm not exactly sure if it's worth it. It's funny some of the time and I like how even though a harem is building up it's more concerned with slapstick, but having Kazuma yell at everybody for being crazy in every pannel for every chapter gets really old really fast. The characters are wired enough for me to want to keep reading but now that I'm caught up I'm not sure if I'll remain caught up or if it'll just fall into that part of my brain where all the series I know I've seen but forget about go.

Tonari no seki kun: A much much MUCH better example of how to do a humorous formula every chapter right.

Genshiken: I really enjoyed the first two seasons so I plan to read the rest of the way since I'm not that clear as to what the rest of the anime does. Plus I want to get as many extra details in as I can since I'm sure I missed out on some information I would have liked to get.

KARAKAI JOUZU NO TAKAGI-SAN:

Mob Psycho 100: One just has all of the things that make fun manga for me, action, a great sense of humor and enough smarts to know what to take seriously and how far to go with them. Also I'm surprisingly liking how the art works for this manga. Yeah it's not yusuke marata or anything but it kind of gives the manga it's own feel and I like that.

Zai X 10: Lovin it.

Billy Bat: I read the first 13 chapters of this and while I'm taking a bit of a break to catch up with other stuff (anime manga and real life) I'm intrigued by what I've seen sofar.

Plan to read:
Berserk: or rather I plan to jump back into the golden age arc once I'm good and ready and can recall where I left off (I marathoned the entire blackswordsman arc and some of golden age and...CHRIST!)

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki Kun: Enjoyed the anime so...

RAN TO HAIIRO NO SEKAI: Know nothing about this one other than that a few manga readers I know seem to like it so...

Teppu: I've been curious about this one for a long while. I normally don't do sports series but since the sport basically involves beating the crap out of each other I figure why not XD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a lot of series in the backburner, but what I most recently read was Caste Heaven. Its such an intriguing BL with its caste system and game of sorts that makes one a king and some the bullied. I like how the system allows the lower ranks to move up. I also like how it provides the chance for some budding lovely feelings.
 

Judith Mizell

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 16, 2014
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm reading Hell Teacher Nube and Special A. I've already seen the anime version of Nube but I heard that the manga is better so I'm checking it out. What to read next? I don't know yet. Because if I think about it now, I'll get too excited and my interest on what I'm reading now will just fade away.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I read Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite couple days ago. I think it's.. good, nothing extraordinary, but it's enjoyable. A nice mix of SciFi with romance, though the SciFi part arguably does not play a huge role in the overall storyline. I wish the story is a little bit more meaty though, unfortunately I heard this manga was axed so I guess that's kinda understandable.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since my list post, I finished Homunculus and went until Black & White in Pokémon Special. The first was a kind of interesting reading, I never read something alike, it was interesting until the last page, thank you for who recommended me this one, I will probably never remember who was, but thanks anyway. XD
The second is Pokémon Special, it is always awesome... I played Pokémon for years and the manga almost made me go back to the game, but I think I will stay in the manga. Black & White is just starting here in my country and I'm buying it, so I'm gonna to follow the releases instead of reading on the internet.
To substitute those two, I started Noragami and Cavalier of Abyss. I was loooking forward to reading Noragami since the anime and I found out that it is better than the anime, principally because the anime had a anime exclusive ending (they deceived me!) and the arc after the anime is awesome as hell. I'm reading and enjoying a lot. As for Cavalier of Abyss, it is a sequel of Immortal Regis, which I read in the middle of last year, I took a break and then started Cavalier of Abyss now. The sequel has been better than the prequel, it started fuzzy because of the change of main characters, but it all became clear later and everything is connecting and adding more things. Incredible story. I will probably suffer when I catch up.

Next in the list are Vagabond and Eden: It’s an Endless World. Vagabond doesn't need presentation, and Eden was recommended to me by someone... I hope both are enjoyable. :nod
 
Last edited:
Top