Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
You know, this is really curious, I feel the same since 2 days. But unlike shionoro I am considering that there could be a new in March.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If it ends to be true, I call this a Nen ability of Togashi.

dzsovani

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I hope you are right :)

I can' wait to see what will be on the Dark Continent. Any prediction?

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting we're all having these vibes around the same time. I popped in because I wanted to see if there has been any news lately about his return since I felt like it would be around that time. But who knows... I can't put too much faith in the guy anymore.

TheWanderer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is interesting how Togashi notes how he wanted to create a long running series yet he ends up going on all these hiatus's. It's definitely an odd contradiction, when he clearly has the ideas but he seems to hold back on execution. It is very possible that his back pains if that is what happened this time around do stop him from completing what he set out to do cause back pain is very troublesome to deal with and when it comes to art you do put a lot of stress on your back when drawing especially for long hours.

It would be nice if he does start up again soon cause again he left it at such a tease the pace was going so fast and then road block lol. It's like being told you are going to get cake, watch the cake get made, and then the person says the cake disappeared even though you smell the aroma and you know it was there but now it's gone and you have to wait til next time when they decide to make it again. That's the kinda tease Togashi has done with the chapters he's produced before the hiatus lol.

Kid Chameleone

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It is interesting how Togashi notes how he wanted to create a long running series yet he ends up going on all these hiatus's. It's definitely an odd contradiction, when he clearly has the ideas but he seems to hold back on execution. It is very possible that his back pains if that is what happened this time around do stop him from completing what he set out to do cause back pain is very troublesome to deal with and when it comes to art you do put a lot of stress on your back when drawing especially for long hours.

It would be nice if he does start up again soon cause again he left it at such a tease the pace was going so fast and then road block lol. It's like being told you are going to get cake, watch the cake get made, and then the person says the cake disappeared even though you smell the aroma and you know it was there but now it's gone and you have to wait til next time when they decide to make it again. That's the kinda tease Togashi has done with the chapters he's produced before the hiatus lol.
ive been saying that he needs to turn HxH into a light novel and maybe draw the manga later cause this is ridiculous

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Togashi is trippin. I do not understand why he does this, I mean even if he did 2 chapter month, it would be better than this

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well if the back pain story is true then he probably does not want to risk getting worse again

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Back issues can be hard to fix, one can be sometimes between a risky surgery or a very long treatment just to barely relief the symptoms. Depression also demands a lot of time to treat. Idk which one is the real problem but I bet pure lazyness is not one of the options.

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not that I'm debunking the chance that this man has serious bad medical issues, but it seems like his back problems also coincide conveniently with the releases of Dragon Quest.... He might have some legitament things going on but he himself admitted he's addicted to Dragon Quest games and he also suddenly has back issues/Personal business around the same time alot of them come out? C'mon bro.

Honestly I still stand with what i said before (If it was in this thread I don't quite recall) He should make a light Novel, and get another mangaka under his wing. Maybe he forms the story, and teaches the guy as much of the HxH lore as he needs to know, Collaborates and grinds out some chapters. Honestly even if it became a Bi-weekly series i'd take that over it suddenly vanishing for months, and almost a year at a time.

Looking forward to Hunter x Hunter (2035) tho...

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
woud not like that

HxH does not work as a light novel, you need the pictures, exspecially because togashi, even scribblin, conveys a lot of emotion via faces.

His artstyle is important for the manga and he himself stated that HxH is meant to be completely his and noone else's.

Furthermore, there wasnt a new DQ title coming out lately.

duerlin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Heh could he be an alpha or beta tester? In 2009 and 2012 he entered hiatus some months before each official release. He stopped this time a few weeks after the announcement of two DQ titles in development simultaneosly.

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not as of late, but there have been a bunch of random times he vanished just as a dragon Quest game came out. It's kinda obvious when you come out and say your favorite game series is Dragon quest... and you miss working whenever a new one in the past dropped...

And I agree, Hunter x Hunter is better with pictures. With his art style only? I'm not completely sure i agree, I mean i don't want the new artist to turn Gon into some unrecognizable curr, but it would work as a novel. But it shouldn't be JUST a novel. Even if he pans out the story and shares a work load with another young artist then that way we could get the story and manga. Plus if we're lucky this other artist could pick up a thing or two about story telling, and break off to create a series comparable to Hunter x Hunter.

I'm not trying to throw Togashi in the dirt, but you have some extremely annoying manga that have one dimensional stories that are published simply because the Mangaka is a good artist, and the Main character's support is a Busty Tsundere who has a few nip slips every now and again... They are releasing work that probably doesn't even have that big of a following, maybe a couple hundred. But they still hammer away at it, even knowing that not that many people care about their work or it's overall quality. They care about the couple hundred that care about the 2d romantic growth of the characters. But Togashi has an occult and large following for HxH and a story line that i honestly see out growing the size of Naruto's and maybe racing side by side with One piece. Deeply engaging characters and a group that would easily slip into half a million viewers that like the show, but he's busy toying aaway in his workshop.

IF he is in a medical hard spot, i wish nothing but wellness on him so he can take care of himself and his family and finish up this great universe he created

IF he isn't, he needs to proceed to get off his lazy bum and start working. I love hunter x hunter and i honestly don't want the hype the Anime created about it to die down (i feel like the Anime revitalized its viewership so the upcoming manga would've sold well) because if everyone ends up just moving on and forgetting about it then he'll definitely have no motivation to work on it...

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's sad because if HxH continued on track it would have been up there with the likes of the Big 3 easily.

I'm torn about whether HxH would be better as an LN or as a manga. Togashi doing the art and making beautiful scans and pieces would work well with that media, though. But I'm not sure how descriptive he could get in his writing after being a mangaka for so long, and it's harder to become immersed in the world and what is going on if the it's not properly described--for me at least.

If he is recovering from spinal surgery, that could take a bit of time and it would be difficult to write and work with that type of injury. I wish him the best in his recovery.

TheWanderer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Back issues can be hard to fix, one can be sometimes between a risky surgery or a very long treatment just to barely relief the symptoms. Depression also demands a lot of time to treat. Idk which one is the real problem but I bet pure lazyness is not one of the options.
Ya I can support this having back pains, neck pains it's no fun and it can really bring down your mood when you feel it hurting the most, cause it can make you feel lethargic and frustrated by it. I can imagine Togashi being annoyed by it if his back acts up in a way that makes it hard to sit for long periods and draw because it really does take a certain stance to draw right.

It's also true that if he was in surgery or getting medical work done for his back he'd definitely be out of commission for a while, though it's a pity they haven't really kept the readers up to date, it would be nice to know if he is in recovery phase or he's trying to find means to ease his back pain so that he can be more efficient with his work.

Though when you back hurts the last thing you really wanna do is sit down, you either wanna walk, but not bend over to pick up anything, or lie back and put as little stress on your back as possible. It's also very possible he'd rather not let others know that his back may be keeping him bed ridden atm so to keep silent on the matter is for his own pride. You can tell by the amount of content he put into those chapters that he really does care about his work, he didn't really half ass the content of the chapters he produced to other mangakas that could be half a years worth of manga, well maybe 18-20 chapters of content for what he gave us which is nice. The problem though is it was so nice we just wanna see more of what's to come lol.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is basically lack of motivation at the end of the day. I am not denying he has problems like back pain, but if he were motivated, he would have put more effort.

And with a setting like this, back pains are imminent.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It is basically lack of motivation at the end of the day. I am not denying he has problems like back pain, but if he were motivated, he would have put more effort.

And with a setting like this, back pains are imminent.
Well, all the other hiatus where like "the series is taking a break" Even the 2 years hiatus. This is the first time I read them saying "health problems".
I want to bealive this time isn't laziness at all :c

duerlin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
We remember the quality art style on his "prime"

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, all the other hiatus where like "the series is taking a break" Even the 2 years hiatus. This is the first time I read them saying "health problems".
I want to bealive this time isn't laziness at all :c
I am not saying he is lazy, just that HxH is his biggest priority and this extends to all his hiatus... If he were motivated enough, he would probably schedule his breaks periodically and write manga that way. And even the back problem, if he were motivated to go on, he probably roll out chapters or send a notification when it would come up.

We remember the quality art style on his "prime"
I dont think quality is being questioned at all... Togashi's quality lies not in his art, but the writing.