Art Hoshino's Instagram Account and Discussion Thread

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
There were a capture for announcement page. ;v;
If we don't get the announcement this month, it's most likely we will have to wait until May for new chapter since April's Jump SQ cover & color page are secured for Owari no Seraph. I know there are another color page slot but DGM's return worths a cover, at least I think so. ;v;
That wouldn't be a problem. DGM "stole" the cover from Bleach once when it was still running on WSJ and was coming back from one of the hiatuses. :lmao
 

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
I really think you don't have to worry that she's only drawn one chapter, lol. As <1month is usual for one chapter, she'd have to work 4? times slower for her to only have one chapter. And she's been faithfully posting random scribbles, birthday wishes and everyday things, it doesn't seem she feels bad or anything. For what we know, she's been working before the ig account was made as well...
Ah about this...please don't forget Hoshino's weak health and DGM's current art is insanely detailed...and Hoshino being perfectionist :(
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
http://instagram.com/p/ym7e9CCfxa/?modal=true

I don't know anything about Valrave but is this someone from it? Or someone from another one of Hoshino's oneshots? Even though most of the comments seem to think it's Allen, it does not look like him to me. They're not someone else from DGM (afaik) but it kinda looks like Alma's original lady exorcist. Also looks like the collar belongs to a Black Cross uniform so maybe we're getting a new exorcist?
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
http://instagram.com/p/ym7e9CCfxa/?modal=true

I don't know anything about Valrave but is this someone from it? Or someone from another one of Hoshino's oneshots? Even though most of the comments seem to think it's Allen, it does not look like him to me. They're not someone else from DGM (afaik) but it kinda looks like Alma's original lady exorcist. Also looks like the collar belongs to a Black Cross uniform so maybe we're getting a new exorcist?
It doesn't look like Allen at first, but I think it is. As raisa1714_288 commented, I think he's eating ehoumaki for Setsubun. He has to have his hair banded back because, iirc from doing it myself, once you start, you can't stop eating the thing until you're done. And ehoumaki can be HUGE. Luckily they're also delicious. :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

There's more to the pic now, and you can see it here with translation courtesy of darjeeling-esq on tumblr.
 
Last edited:

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
For some reason when I saw the first picture.. I thought Alma's soul? But then I realized it had to be Allen because he's always eating.

Its pretty funny because Allen's facing the complete opposite direction, 'cause he's bad with directions. LOL
 

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
WHAT does the new update mean??? Whats going on? Its such strange scene!
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Is this forshadowing why Allen was so unfortunate? :sweat
Wouldn't call it foreshadowing, there was that one extra in one of the volumes where he the worst luck on one of those oracle slips from shrines... So it's more like an inside(?) joke?
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Fortune rolls omake

Kanda: *munch munch*
Marie: What are you doing, Master?
Tiedoll: That’s because Yuu-kun won’t let me draw peacefully. While he’s eating fortune rolls, it’s a lifetime chance to sketch him~~~♫
Maa-kun, Chao-kun, I’ll draw both of you as well so please don’t eat your fortune rolls just yet.
Chaoji: ‘K
*the sketchbook says “Yuu-kun 2015*
I think Tiedoll's life will be in danger after a couple minutes after this moment:lmao
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Seeing her drawings makes me realize how much I have missed these characters lol. I know that sounds silly, but they are probably my favorite overall set of characters only rivaled (now) by Tokyo Ghoul. I would probably wait for a new chapter forever.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Seeing her drawings makes me realize how much I have missed these characters lol. I know that sounds silly, but they are probably my favorite overall set of characters only rivaled (now) by Tokyo Ghoul. I would probably wait for a new chapter forever.
Completely agree :D

We're so lucky to have Hoshino on instagram. You can only dream about seeing more of the author outside of the chapters with most manga. Her view on the life always brings smile to my face. Besides none other is as adorable as Hoshino is
 

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I hope she draws more omakes like this. :)
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Was that Tiedoll's golem next to Kanda, cuz it seems to have Tiedoll's afro on it, haha.
I'm also happy to see Marie but I kinda want to punch Choaji.

By the way... who's b-day is next? Iirc, there's someone born in February...
 

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
Was that Tiedoll's golem next to Kanda, cuz it seems to have Tiedoll's afro on it, haha.
I'm also happy to see Marie but I kinda want to punch Choaji.

By the way... who's b-day is next? Iirc, there's someone born in February...
It's Kanda's golem cosplaying Oni for Setsubun (bean-throwing festival).

In day order:
-Jan (Feb 3rd)
-Wisely (Feb 4th---today)
-Rikei (Feb 17th)
-Lulubell (Feb 22nd)
 

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Froi Tiedoll's birthday is coming up... but before that is Valentine's day. Do you guy's think she'll do a Valentine's day drawing?
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Froi Tiedoll's birthday is coming up... but before that is Valentine's day. Do you guy's think she'll do a Valentine's day drawing?
Maybe she'll draw Lenalee and/or Miranda giving out chocolates to everybody. :)
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
lenalees bday is on feb 20th and hopefully for valentines day she draw road and allen!!!
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Poor Wisely. :XD

The peace sign and his "da nou~~" catchphrase just perfect this entry in the eyes-closed series, I have to say.
 

anyoneforthe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
157
Reaction score
112
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
lenalees bday is on feb 20th and hopefully for valentines day she draw road and allen!!!
I thought Lenalee's birthday was in May?

I also think she's draw Road and maybe Roufa for Valentines?
 
Top