Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
your thread needs more attention from your side syx D:

Anyway, Elder Kwon set? XD Honestly, if he's really dead than this manga is almost doomed. If not for him, Part 2 would have been more or less plain crap. No one in this manhwa owns more than this badass, don't want to believe that it's going to lose the best character by far =/
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
your thread needs more attention from your side syx D:
You are really persistent when it comes to my thread...
Truth be told, I'm currently on Obito-mode and don't care for anything anymore after experiencing such a trauma thanks to the latest Breaker chapter. :-_-

Anyway, Elder Kwon set? XD Honestly, if he's really dead than this manga is almost doomed. If not for him, Part 2 would have been more or less plain crap. No one in this manhwa owns more than this badass, don't want to believe that it's going to lose the best character by far =/
You pretty much summed it up. No other character comes even close to Elder Kwon. The author should have at least developed some other characters more. Sera is literally like Aguero, huge potential but stays on the back seat for the most time. We have yet to see the last member of the five strongest of the Sunwoo Clan. I somehow suspect(ed) that person to be someone very exceptional who was personally trained by Elder Kwon. He would become close friends with Shioon and teach him all the specific and secret Sunwoo Clan techniques. Their relationship/bond would be similar to Elder Kwon and Gaju Soh. Hyuk is a mystery to me. For someone of such caliber as a fighter and who holds a very important position not only within the Chundomoon, but also within the MAA (that one is debatable after the recent events), he literally takes no action whatsoever.

Meh...any of this wouldn't even have mattered, if Shioon had grown and stood up against Chun Woo Han before Elder Kwon committed hara-kiri. It's like reading Naruto's nonsense all over again.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You are really persistent when it comes to my thread...
Truth be told, I'm currently on Obito-mode and don't care for anything anymore after experiencing such a trauma thanks to the latest Breaker chapter. :-_-

You pretty much summed it up. No other character comes even close to Elder Kwon. The author should have at least developed some other characters more. Sera is literally like Aguero, huge potential but stays on the back seat for the most time. We have yet to see the last member of the five strongest of the Sunwoo Clan. I somehow suspect(ed) that person to be someone very exceptional who was personally trained by Elder Kwon. He would become close friends with Shioon and teach him all the specific and secret Sunwoo Clan techniques. Their relationship/bond would be similar to Elder Kwon and Gaju Soh. Hyuk is a mystery to me. For someone of such caliber as a fighter and who holds a very important position not only within the Chundomoon, but also within the MAA (that one is debatable after the recent events), he literally takes no action whatsoever.

Meh...any of this wouldn't even have mattered, if Shioon had grown and stood up against Chun Woo Han before Elder Kwon committed hara-kiri. It's like reading Naruto's nonsense all over again.
Sure, why wouldn't I? You need to talk more friend :arf

Honestly, to me even the characters you mentioned are crap. Well maybe that's a bit harsh, but basically every character is wasted. He ruined Shiwoon (or Shioon or however you spell his name) and then Gomonryong, others were never really developed. Elder Kwon basically is the only one with good character (development) and just badass abilities/attitude. Without him the manhwa is losing it's only enjoyment since the second arc started. That sucks so hard...

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

How are you doing btw? You need to post here more often :nah
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
@syx

Is there a new berserk chapter? Or are you referring to 337
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Sure, why wouldn't I? You need to talk more friend :arf
Just let me be... I'm a shy guy anyway...

Honestly, to me even the characters you mentioned are crap. Well maybe that's a bit harsh, but basically every character is wasted. He ruined Shiwoon (or Shioon or however you spell his name) and then Gomonryong, others were never really developed. Elder Kwon basically is the only one with good character (development) and just badass abilities/attitude. Without him the manhwa is losing it's only enjoyment since the second arc started. That sucks so hard...
Dude, that's harsh. But don't you think the reason you think they are crap is the fact that they weren't developed in the first place? Meaning that we wouldn't be so pessimistic regarding the the future of the series without Elder Kwon, if other characters had gone through some well written development?

Anyway, I don't know if I will continue to read the series in the same manner I used to. I will probably just skim through the pages like I do with Fairy Tail or did with the last bit of Naruto.

How are you doing btw? You need to post here more often :nah
I'm fine, more or less. Work is kinda chaotic. I do many processes the first time, so it's trial and error for me. I think I will have dealt with the most difficult obstacles once I make it through March.

What do you mean I have to post more? I post enough. :hmph
What's the post/day ratio to satisfy you, your Highness?

I've started to watch the first four episodes of Another, Code Geass, Death Parade, Garo and Steins;Gate. Did you watch any of these? If so, what's you opinion?

@syx

Is there a new berserk chapter? Or are you referring to 337
Hey Holt! Nice to have you around here.

Yes, I'm talking about Berserk. But I'm not referring to 337, but to 338. You should definitely read that one.

:yondaime
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just let me be... I'm a shy guy anyway...


Dude, that's harsh. But don't you think the reason you think they are crap is the fact that they weren't developed in the first place? Meaning that we wouldn't be so pessimistic regarding the the future of the series without Elder Kwon, if other characters had gone through some well written development?

Anyway, I don't know if I will continue to read the series in the same manner I used to. I will probably just skim through the pages like I do with Fairy Tail or did with the last bit of Naruto.
Since when are you shy? xD

Yeah, that's what I said. None of the characters were really developed, and when they were, like Nine Arts Dragon or Shiwoon, it ended in failure most of the time. Elder Kwon was the only one to never disappoint, so I hope he's not gone for real.

I'm fine, more or less. Work is kinda chaotic. I do many processes the first time, so it's trial and error for me. I think I will have dealt with the most difficult obstacles once I make it through March.

What do you mean I have to post more? I post enough. :hmph
What's the post/day ratio to satisfy you, your Highness?

I've started to watch the first four episodes of Another, Code Geass, Death Parade, Garo and Steins;Gate. Did you watch any of these? If so, what's you opinion?
Well good luck then, I'm sure you will do fine! :nod Surprised to see you here already, no work today?

It would be enough if you didn't stop posting here all of a sudden again xP Your Highness wants only the best for you, obviously :hee

Another: Okay I guess, not bad but didn't enjoy it much either. One of the rare horror shows, but Shinsekai Yori or Kiseijuu are way better in my opinion.

Code Geass: Been years since I watched it, surprised you didn't see it yet considering it's one of the most popular anime here in the west. I'm quite fond of the series, meaning I enjoyed it a good lot. Not everything makes perfect sense, but I never grew tired of Lelouch's mind games and the twists here and there.

Death Parade: Really good so far I think, have nothing to complain about. Already enjoyed the Anime Mirai short this is based on (called Death Billiard), so I knew I would enjoy the series too.

Garo: Never saw, heard mixed opinions.

Steins;Gate: Awesome, awesome. By far the best of the ones you're watching, but you will need to watch some more episodes to see what I'm talking about. Definitely among my favourite anime ever.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Since when are you shy? xD
You have no idea... I'm actually a reserved person who rather listens than tells interesting stories.

Yeah, that's what I said. None of the characters were really developed, and when they were, like Nine Arts Dragon or Shiwoon, it ended in failure most of the time. Elder Kwon was the only one to never disappoint, so I hope he's not gone for real.
After all that rage, it would be quite funny if Elder Kwon survives this arc. :lmao

How is Fairy Tail going for you? Are you up to date?

Well good luck then, I'm sure you will do fine! :nod Surprised to see you here already, no work today?

It would be enough if you didn't stop posting here all of a sudden again xP Your Highness wants only the best for you, obviously :hee
Thanks a lot! I will handle it one way or the other (tricky way, lol). :blush
I had some vacation days left from last year, which I had to use before they expire, so I'm home today and tomorrow. :amuse

My mission is to get this thread to the second page and make you fail preventing it. :sgan

Another: Okay I guess, not bad but didn't enjoy it much either. One of the rare horror shows, but Shinsekai Yori or Kiseijuu are way better in my opinion.

Code Geass: Been years since I watched it, surprised you didn't see it yet considering it's one of the most popular anime here in the west. I'm quite fond of the series, meaning I enjoyed it a good lot. Not everything makes perfect sense, but I never grew tired of Lelouch's mind games and the twists here and there.

Death Parade: Really good so far I think, have nothing to complain about. Already enjoyed the Anime Mirai short this is based on (called Death Billiard), so I knew I would enjoy the series too.

Garo: Never saw, heard mixed opinions.

Steins;Gate: Awesome, awesome. By far the best of the ones you're watching, but you will need to watch some more episodes to see what I'm talking about. Definitely among my favourite anime ever.
Thanks for your input. I will drop Another then. I wasn't really impressed either. Gonna pick up Shinsekai Yori or Kiseijuu in that case.

I was well aware of Code Geass' popularity but never could bring myself to watch it. But a friend of mine kept recommending it every time and since he picked up a lot of series I told him to watch/read, I thought it would be only fair to listen to him once in a while. It's good so far, but not exceptional. Still , there are over 40 episodes to go for me.

Death Parade is really entertaining. It's so calm

Garo is one of those series which make me think the next episode will be the turning point for the show to become great and later I ask myself why I wasted another 20 minutes of my life to watch it. :-_- Guess, I will drop it... after the next episode...

Steins;Gate is hilarious. I didn't get anything at all concerning the plot, but the characters go really well together. I could dedicate my whole life watching those two absolute funny scenes:



Mayuri's voice actress has the cutest voice I've ever heard in my life!

Hello.

Lol you had me there. :3c Jeez I was so pumped.
I'm sorry Holt :amuse
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You have no idea... I'm actually a reserved person who rather listens than tells interesting stories.

After all that rage, it would be quite funny if Elder Kwon survives this arc. :lmao

How is Fairy Tail going for you? Are you up to date?

Thanks a lot! I will handle it one way or the other (tricky way, lol). :blush
I had some vacation days left from last year, which I had to use before they expire, so I'm home today and tomorrow. :amuse

My mission is to get this thread to the second page and make you fail preventing it. :sgan
I can imagine, actually :amuse I'm not all that outgoing either.

There was rage in the thread? Haven't checked the place in ages.
No, not up to date. I have to keep up with this season's anime and I'm playing a game, so my progress isn't particularly fast. I'm halfway done, around chap 210 or so. Amazing read so far :derp

oh, so that's why you're answering that fast :teehee Enjoy your free time~

Why would I try to prevent it? XD

Thanks for your input. I will drop Another then. I wasn't really impressed either. Gonna pick up Shinsekai Yori or Kiseijuu in that case.

I was well aware of Code Geass' popularity but never could bring myself to watch it. But a friend of mine kept recommending it every time and since he picked up a lot of series I told him to watch/read, I thought it would be only fair to listen to him once in a while. It's good so far, but not exceptional. Still , there are over 40 episodes to go for me.

Death Parade is really entertaining. It's so calm

Garo is one of those series which make me think the next episode will be the turning point for the show to become great and later I ask myself why I wasted another 20 minutes of my life to watch it. :-_- Guess, I will drop it... after the next episode...

Steins;Gate is hilarious. I didn't get anything at all concerning the plot, but the characters go really well together. I could dedicate my whole life watching those two absolute funny scenes:



Mayuri's voice actress has the cutest voice I've ever heard in my life!
Yeah, you can't really do anything wrong with that. Both one of the rare cases of a good horror series. Tell me what you think if you start either one.

Well not sure how I would judge CG nowadays, back then I really liked it. You will see, but better don't expect for everything to make perfect sense. So you're actually recommending series too, huh? :XD

Hilarious indeed :D No need to worry, in the beginning no one really has any idea of what the plot is/will be all about. Watch some more episodes and you will understand why I like it so much. There's a particular episode which would be the turning point for me, but ofc not saying which one, so you can watch without any expectations xD

Yeah, probably one of the best VA roles of Kana Hanazawa. You've probably heard her voice in countless anime by now, she's among the most famous VA's and one of the few where I actually remember the name lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm sorry Holt :amuse
I do want to read magi and Tokyo ghoul though. I just haven't been able to get to it.

As for berserk, well I only started last year. Ok last year makes it sound a bit long, I picked it up about 3-4 months ago. Such an amazing manga but there's so much time without new chapters. In the forums, I actually see posts where a chapter in 3 months is 'pretty good/about right'. Its kind of a turn off.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I was well aware of Code Geass' popularity but never could bring myself to watch it. But a friend of mine kept recommending it every time and since he picked up a lot of series I told him to watch/read, I thought it would be only fair to listen to him once in a while. It's good so far, but not exceptional. Still , there are over 40 episodes to go for me.
Well then you're better off dropping it :XD

First season was good, but second season is just...blargh
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
xi0 the animu expert!

---------- Post added February 13, 2015 at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2015 at 10:20 PM ----------

*bump*

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Funny note, I just now realized that you meant the second page of the section here... x'D Now it makes sense that I would want to prevent that~
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I liked 2nd season of Code Geass more :D
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Schweizel was a better than anyone
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Evangelion > All
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
As a fan you should know he's called Schneizel :p
lol, true :XD ... I can't even say it was a typo, W and N are so far away :darn

It's been a while since I've watched it :hmph
 
Top