Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Otherwise you would need almost a whole cour for every single route and at that point everyone would know that something is weird.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
but you know that in the VN too...? I dunno if you really would need a whole cour for every route, considering a big part is similar with each one but hmmm, I guess you would a huge amount of episodes no doubt, kinda hard to handle.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As a VN player you wouldn't know. Because it is normal to have different routes for all the girls. You always have to restart to get the next one.
Sure if you are used to key, then you know that there is a true route.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As a VN player you wouldn't know. Because it is normal to have different routes for all the girls. You always have to restart to get the next one.
Sure if you are used to key, then you know that there is a true route.
Well I guess in the anime you wouldn't really get it (people who haven't played VN's), but considering there's a true route in the majority of VN's it's nothing surprising if you've played a few, really. Nothing exclusive to Key or anything. I mean Higurashi, Umineko, G-Senjou and Ever17 all have a true route(s) as well.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Nothing beats the true route of Ever 17 though :D

---------- Post added December 02, 2014 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was November 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

syx don't disappear on me now!
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Even from your skiing trip? :e3
Temeeeeee... :notrust

To be frank... I'm not there for fun, but to kill some servants and masters for you. But if you don't appreciate my plans, then use your f* Command Spell. Just do it and I won't play the VNs of my own free will. :hmph
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Temeeeeee... :notrust

To be frank... I'm not there for fun, but to kill some servants and masters for you. But if you don't appreciate my plans, then use your f* Command Spell. Just do it and I won't play the VNs of my own free will. :hmph
It's still VN. ONE Visual Novel dude :rolleyes: Don't worry though, my Servant friend can have all the fun he wants :blush

---------- Post added December 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was December 09, 2014 at 10:34 PM ----------

How was the trip dude?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
It's still VN. ONE Visual Novel dude :rolleyes: Don't worry though, my Servant friend can have all the fun he wants :blush

---------- Post added December 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was December 09, 2014 at 10:34 PM ----------

How was the trip dude?
I guess, we won't see my thread end up in the second page ever with you around...

The trip was good, but could have been better. I underestimated how difficult it is to learn ski on your own and in a short time. I still can't ski even one a bit. Maybe I'm just an untalented winter sports athlete, who knows. But no matter how much I fell over or struggled, it was hella fun. I can only imagine how great it will feel like once you ski for real. I will definitely go on a ski trip again. But it will be not for a couple of days, but for at least one week and with a training course.

I will probably begin with the VN tomorrow.:x3
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess, we won't see my thread end up in the second page ever with you around...

The trip was good, but could have been better. I underestimated how difficult it is to learn ski on your own and in a short time. I still can't ski even one a bit. Maybe I'm just an untalented winter sports athlete, who knows. But no matter how much I fell over or struggled, it was hella fun. I can only imagine how great it will feel like once you ski for real. I will definitely go on a ski trip again. But it will be not for a couple of days, but for at least one week and with a training course.

I will probably begin with the VN tomorrow.:x3
Won't happen :p

Oh, so it was your first time? Skiing is awesome, I was skiing multiple times in the past. Didn't do so in years because of money reasons, so I'm really not sure about my skills nowadays, but I was quite good in the past. You should do it again indeed, this time with a private teacher. At least that's what helps me the most, because you improve really fast that way. There was this one teacher I really liked skiing together with, so I took his lessons the year after again :XD We traveled some black slopes on a snowy day where you could hardly see anything, but it was sooo much fun haha. After some time you loose your fear of even the steepest slopes and just enjoy skiing like a "god" :kamina
Wouldn't recommend groups, because the teacher will be way less available to help you, so I would always recommend to affort the little extra money. Some days are more than enough to learn the basics, afterwards most things come naturally with a little help.

Nice :wtf Hope you will like it, don't forget to tell me about your thoughts :D
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh, so it was your first time? Skiing is awesome, I was skiing multiple times in the past. Didn't do so in years because of money reasons, so I'm really not sure about my skills nowadays, but I was quite good in the past. You should do it again indeed, this time with a private teacher. At least that's what helps me the most, because you improve really fast that way. There was this one teacher I really liked skiing together with, so I took his lessons the year after again :XD We traveled some black slopes on a snowy day where you could hardly see anything, but it was sooo much fun haha. After some time you loose your fear of even the steepest slopes and just enjoy skiing like a "god" :kamina
Wouldn't recommend groups, because the teacher will be way less available to help you, so I would always recommend to affort the little extra money. Some days are more than enough to learn the basics, afterwards most things come naturally with a little help.
Yes, it was my first time and I have to admit that it was rather costly even without taking training courses. The price range for a private teacher goes from 120€ (2h) to 260€ (4h). This is too much in my opinion, whether or not I could afford it. Becoming a ski god has its price I guess.

Nice :wtf Hope you will like it, don't forget to tell me about your thoughts :D
Just a question, when does the Fate route end? I don't know if the software is crashing or if it's the end of the route. The program closes after Saber is about to kill Rin. And wtf Saber one-shotted Archer. :zomg
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yes, it was my first time and I have to admit that it was rather costly even without taking training courses. The price range for a private teacher goes from 120€ (2h) to 260€ (4h). This is too much in my opinion, whether or not I could afford it. Becoming a ski god has its price I guess.

Just a question, when does the Fate route end? I don't know if the software is crashing or if it's the end of the route. The program closes after Saber is about to kill Rin. And wtf Saber one-shotted Archer. :zomg
Well I have no clue about how expensive it was back then, but surely not that much :XD That really is awfully expensive, but I guess you could do it alone too as long as you have a friend or someone helping you, it just takes a bit longer.

That's when the Fate route actually starts.... xD I forgot to mention that, the fault lies with the videos (Opening appears). To fix that, you need to use the latest LAV filters: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFil...-Installer.exe
Happened to many people, me too, and this should definitely fix it. Which reminds me, please don't use the ufotable OP patch/remove it if you added it already. They're great, but spoil way too much, so I wouldn't recommend that for anyone who hasn't played the VN yet. I think you're on the third day, so maybe if you remove the patch the filters shouldn't be necessary because the ufotable OP won't show up (the cause of the crash) :notsure

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And yeah, in the Fate route Shirou doesn't prevent her from slashing Archer :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You good for nothing... the link doesn't work and did you forget that I'm using a Mac here? I'm disappointed naruto-niichan. :nah

Well, the site with the Mac tutorial mentions a video problem and recommends to download a rar file with openings. There are three files named "patch_op.xp3", "rinpatch_op.xp3" and "sakpatch_op.xp3". I guess every file belongs only to one route, but which of them belongs to Fate, UBW and HF?

It says I should first delete the original ones first. I've only installed the first route and within the folder (which consists of many .xp3 files) there is no file named exactly like one of the three I mentioned. There are files named "patch133.xp3" and "video.xp3". I guess I have to succeed by trying and failing.


Forget it, I did it. Damn, I'm fucking awesome.

So, how do I know if I have the ufotable OP or not? I just installed the VN according to the site (Mac tutorial) you gave me. We have to eliminate the possibility of me getting spoiled. It's not a big deal if I get spoiled a bit in order to identify whether I have the ufotable OP or not. Just give me some instructions.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You good for nothing... the link doesn't work and did you forget that I'm using a Mac here? I'm disappointed naruto-niichan. :nah

Well, the site with the Mac tutorial mentions a video problem and recommends to download a rar file with openings. There are three files named "patch_op.xp3", "rinpatch_op.xp3" and "sakpatch_op.xp3". I guess every file belongs only to one route, but which of them belongs to Fate, UBW and HF?

It says I should first delete the original ones first. I've only installed the first route and within the folder (which consists of many .xp3 files) there is no file named exactly like one of the three I mentioned. There are files named "patch133.xp3" and "video.xp3". I guess I have to succeed by trying and failing.


Forget it, I did it. Damn, I'm fucking awesome.

So, how do I know if I have the ufotable OP or not? I just installed the VN according to the site (Mac tutorial) you gave me. We have to eliminate the possibility of me getting spoiled. It's not a big deal if I get spoiled a bit in order to identify if I have the ufotable OP or not. Just give me some instructions.
:XD Well I should've linked you to the site, there a download automatically starts when you click the link but I guess simply copying that link doesn't work.

Yeah, they're somewhere else. Seems you've already fixed it, on my PC it's -> Eigene Dokumente -> faterealtanua_savedata -> sakpatch op etc
What you should do is remove all of them (sakpatch op, rinpatch op and patch op). "Just in case" I'm wrong you can copy them for safety, but those three should be the ufotable OP patches. Remove them from the folder. Afterwards you just continue playing -> if the ufotable OP pops up afterwards you will know it's there, because after Day 3 it pops up with the patch. If it does not then you removed them. Should it show up, I think you can skip them simply by skipping enter but not completely sure, hence why I recommend removing them beforehand.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
So, I've finished the fate route and well, I don't intend to start UBW or HF for various reasons.

First off, the general idea of a VN isn't bad. Reading a book accompanied with fitting music, sounds/effects, pictures and talking is actually entertaining. It gives you a good impression of the situation, but since it doesn't show anything in detail, it leaves room for your own imagination.

My main issues with the VN was that I didn't like the characters and too much time was spent in the everyday life. Fate/Zero felt much more authentic than the VN or the UBW anime considering what was going on (a war, literally). The mature characters of F/Z dealt much better with the war than the kids and thus it felt more serious. Of course kids are kids, but you can't deny the fact that they acted really stupid in the VN, even for kids. Shirou continuously going out alone for no reason made me go nuts, especially in the later half of the VN. I hated how everyone, particularly Rin, complained about Shirou's lack of skill, while Rin on the other hand was praised as something worthy. I honestly didn't see a major difference between Rin and Shirou regarding the war. Rin nearly died against Saber and twice against Berserker. All of her abilities were nullified/countered/tanked in some form. Her record is no better than Shirou's. She didn't live up to the praise she got, nor did she do anything which would justify her to make fun of Shirou's skill. Illya was a much bigger disappointment and annoyance. In their first encounter, she had practically Shirou, Saber and Rin on the verge of death, but left them for stupid/no reason. In the UBW anime, Rin and Shirou as well as their Servants were in good shape at least. Shirou allowing Illya to stay in his property after she attempted to kill them once more and suggesting Berserker to rape Rin and Saber was one of the worst parts in the VN. Seriously, wtf Shirou? The lack of masters who really desire a wish from the Holy Grail didn't help the story either. It felt more like a Holy Grail Game rather than a Holy Grail War. Oh, I forgot the ****** scenes, which were totally misplaced and out of character. I assumed a more romantic scene. Instead, I feared that Shirou is going to project tentacles all over the place. And what about Archer? This is no complaint, but I thought he would play a bigger role. I even considered him a/the final villain, but he was absent for the most part in the VN.

What I really liked was the description of the fights and the private times outside of the war. It had very funny moments, but as I mentioned in the beginning, sometimes it was dragged on for far too long. Saber vs. Fuji was hilarious and Rin's comment about Archer being a skirt chaser made me laugh my head off. All Saber moments were wonderful regardless of whether it was the routine training, lunchtime, the date or the quarrels. I loved the end, mainly because it wasn't the perfect end for our protagonist, but a good one nonetheless given the circumstances. Of course I wouldn't have mind if Saber stayed alive somehow, because fuck... it's Saber! :crying
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I understand your reasons but you should know that UBW and HF are way better. Fate is by far the worst story of the VN, so I wouldn't judge the whole thing because of that. Actually planned to tell you that much before, but seems like I forgot. Surprised you actually watched the ****** scene and not the Alt (alternative) because they're way better and fitting than the forced in ****** stuff. I would always recommend to read those instead and only watch the H-stuff afterwards if you're interested. I can understand most of your complaints, but you shouldn't judge too soon.

And Archer is the important figure of UBW, in Fate he's the least important servant.

Well I still recommend you to read UBW and HF, because I wasn't particularly impressed with Fate either. UBW has a very strong latter half and is better in general anyway, and HF is simply great. Your choice obviously, but would be sad to see you drop it now :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I set too much value upon your suggestions and opinions to just let it slide now. If you say you understand my reasoning and still advise me to play UBW and HF, I will definitely give UBW and HF (depending on UBW) a try. Before that, I have to remove the disgusting ****** patch. I hope I can leave Rin to die at some point and chop of Illya's head. :kukuku

Dude, I'm worse than Kirei. :oh

Sakura best girl! :hmph
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I set too much value upon your suggestions and opinions to just let it slide now. If you say you understand my reasoning and still advise me to play UBW and HF, I will definitely give UBW and HF (depending on UBW) a try. Before that, I have to remove the disgusting ****** patch. I hope I can leave Rin to die at some point and chop of Illya's head. :kukuku

Dude, I'm worse than Kirei. :oh

Sakura best girl! :hmph
You don't really have to remove it dude, you know? xD It's actually even somewhat important for HF to understand a certain something. You can simply disable the patch in the menu, keep it on and when you notice you reached a ****** scene, disable to patch in the menu and reload from the latest safe.
And thanks for your trust, I think you won't regret it :zomg Regarding Illya and Rin... well, I won't say anything now xD

Not sure if you can be worse than Kirei, considering he takes pleasure from the misery of others haha :XD

Another Sakura fan? :wtf Then you will enjoy HF even more... (which is the best route by far in my opinion) :hee

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

btw, did you experience some dead ends? XD

And like I said, Fate Route is pretty weak overall. Only things which stood out to me are Berserker/Rider vs. Saber and I mean that track when Saber releases Excalibur :zomg And ofc the ending, but until Day 11 or what it is it's mostly average. I guess part of the reason is that it basically gives you all the necessary info bla bla, don't forget that it was made for someone who knows nothing about the Holy Grail War etc.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
And thanks for your trust, I think you won't regret it :zomg Regarding Illya and Rin... well, I won't say anything now xD
Well, I'm obviously joking regarding Rin. I think she is pretty cool overall, but she surely didn't live up to the hype she got as a Magus during the fate route. Illya on the other hand is just detestable and I hate characters making a 180° turn instantly and for no understandable reason. I hope she dies Ichibei-style in UBW or HF.

Another Sakura fan? :wtf Then you will enjoy HF even more... (which is the best route by far in my opinion) :hee

btw, did you experience some dead ends? XD
How can one not love a such kindhearted, caring and beautiful goddes, senpaihhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? :blush

I actually didn't know you can die during the route. I thought your decisions only affect the very end. But Caster proved me wrong... twice. :-_-
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, I'm obviously joking regarding Rin. I think she is pretty cool overall, but she surely didn't live up to the hype she got as a Magus during the fate route. Illya on the other hand is just detestable and I hate characters making a 180° turn instantly and for no understandable reason. I hope she dies Ichibei-style in UBW or HF.

How can one not love a such kindhearted, caring and beautiful goddes, senpaihhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? :blush

I actually didn't know you can die during the route. I thought your decisions only affect the very end. But Caster proved me wrong... twice. :-_-
Thing is, don't think you know the whole character or story before you've played the whole thing. Only when you've finished both the other two routes we can actually talk about the characters, I'm looking forward to see if your opinion changed until then ;)

Yes, you have good taste sir :blush

oh I thought I told you haha. You can die quite often actually, but it can also affect the end. Well the end is only affected in the way that if you don't get the necessary points you die at some point lol, only once the story just ends earlier. Well there are a few bad ends where you don't die, but that's the minority :XD
 
Top