The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Gary Saltlord Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Obviously it's easy to be biased and say "it fits" since it was my first experience. But I think the OST was just spectacular in the new show, let alone the adaptation quality overall and the obviously high production quality. The OST gave me them feels. So fitting of the story. I can't imagine it with another OST. IDK, Naruto anime started rather long ago too but that was pretty good back then. Same for Bleach. But I guess HxH was harder to get into.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well that's what you call making fun of something dude, you picked out the worst parts of the manga and mocked it time and time again :XD

Anyway unrelated, but this makes me realize that I really missed our long discussions... ;___;
Well what I meant is that I never mocked the actual story of HxH, only a smart fraction of the whole XD Everyone pretty much knew I was trolling, but you still got annoyed so mission successful I think. I'll still mock that shit even as a fan of the story now.

Haha, fk off :^)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I don't think we need to get into the argument again, yeah. We compared it to FMA or Naruto often enough and anyone could come up with arguments why this or that series is better. Maybe Kishi could've done better if he had taken breaks like Togashi or something, but in the end that didn't happen so it's simple speculation. Honestly in terms of fighting system and whatnot I think it outdoes Naruto by a lot... but I notice I'm actually going into arguing the same stuff again despite saying there's not much point because we discussed it so much already haha. I think we agree on most things and know where we disagree, so that's good enough.

Dude you heretic, you don't love OP and FMA? How could you!!!
Jokes aside, I get what you mean. Some series just click with you on a personal level and some don't, despite you knowing that the story and characters are superb. Kind of feel the same (though I can get the love for it a lot more than OP) but just like you I haven't seen or read the series since 7 years ago too me thinks. We must've started around the same time lol. Did you read FMA (long) before the the remade anime?
Haha, I won't get baited :^) But I didn't agree with "by a lot" back then, and won't this time either. I just think Kishi misused his own system. Like I said he lost his path. But overall complexity I agree HxH wins, even if Naruto is very "diverse". IDK both have similarities which are hilariously copied (by Kishi obviously), but at the same time they're also vastly different so it's hard to draw comparisons. But here we go again =D

I KNOW I'M A SINNER!!

I read it quite a while before the manga ended. I guess I started around a year before the anime was launched. Since when it came out it was only roughly a year left of the manga.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I really should reread FMA...
But Gintama is so much fun...
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Gintama much better, screw FMA!
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I'm almost done with it. The story is quite good and I love most of the fights, especially those involving king Bradley and those from xing (fu, lan fan, Lin and may) especially may. She's so cool (maybe I'm biased because she does those even though she's a kid). Anyway the alchemists are mostly disappointing imo. Only mustang really stands out to me. One of my best moments was that time he burned lust (and also when he did it to envy). Not that they're weak, but I expected them to be able to do a lot more I guess.

Ah so much more that I love about it but I'd leave that for when I'm done. I think I have 4-5 episodes left. Also, who voices Ed? It sounds like one I've heard before.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Ah so much more that I love about it but I'd leave that for when I'm done. I think I have 4-5 episodes left. Also, who voices Ed? It sounds like one I've heard before.
Hitsugaya Toshiro rings a bell?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Hitsugaya Toshiro rings a bell?
I knew it! I just wasn't sure enough to say so. I actually didn't notice for about 20 episodes then there's this one episode he's screaming and it was just so clear. Hitsugaya's scream is difficult to miss thanks to Aizen and Hinamori lol. I guess it took me that long because he sounds more mature in bleach, though that's probably me being blinded by Ed's age.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

He sounds exactly the same IMO :XD

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

There's another series where her voice is lighter, making it hard to recognize, but her voice is pretty much identical in FMA and Bleach IMO.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Yeah probably. Just that Ed's age threw me off.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well it couldn't have turned out much worse, just look at the results. For Hikki it certainly was progress, considering he actively tried to think of ways that would result in him not sacrificing himself again. Hard to tell if it would have turned out better or worse if he went with his usual approach, but at least he definitely tried to change his ways there. Only to realize that it was a fault to stop Yukinon and Yuigahama since the beginning, no matter the method. In a sense I think Yukinon actually was fine with Yui's way, considering she faced Yukinon and the problem head on, instead of cheap tactics solving none of the real problem behind the curtain. Just talking from her perspective here, in the end they're all at fault to some extent.

Not sure if Hachiman is trying to change for real thus far. Him not being able to use his usual wit is something we saw with his ex-crush again. I think the reason why that happens isn't so much him being conflicted, but more that he can't (pretend to) care shit about the person facing him. It's obvious that his ex-crush is the main/final reason for leaving Hachiman with a pretty big emotional scar, leading to how he acted until now. It's obvious he's insecure and not sure what to do when he faces her, because her bitch-like behaviour is indeed hurting him. For Yui and Yukinon it's simply the other way around, he cares too much about them to act like the cynical "I don't give a fuck what you think" Hachiman. I'm not denying that he's trying to change in some way, but I'm not sure if he's genuinely trying hard. At least it doesn't feel like that, more like he's struggling hard about what to do inside his usual cage of thinking.
I guess all of that sounds pretty negative, but I think that right now they're simply too afraid to start acting for real. Yui and Hikki are trying small steps, but I think they need an outside push to actually come past that. Yukinon has seemingly given up at this point, but maybe she will start acting at some point too.

What scene during the festival are you talking about? :notsure
And yeah, the show's my favourite as well :zomg That means quite a bit coming from a Fate nerd like me :XD
Are you sure? Because I think it could've been way worse. If Hikki would've simply sacrificed himself again the bonds would've probably shattered completely. Sure Yukinon would still care unlike now but both her and Yui would be angry and as you mentioned Hikki cares for both of them and he couldn't even justify his "confession" in Kyoto like he usually does anyway.
Their club is a very fragile thing because all three of them are such fragile persons.
Yes he tried to change but wasn't able to consider everything. He completely misunderstood Yukinons personality here... :pout Which is yet another weird thing. The so observant Hikki was so scared to lose his friends - even though he wouldn't call them that - he used his wit to let the club stay as it is.
It is remarkable that the leopard was actually able to change his spots though.

Sure Yui tried to face the problem but her reasoning was basically the same as Hikkis. Fighting for the club. While Yukinon was actually trying to move forward, believing that their friendship wasn't a superficial thing. Yui isn't that smart.

Well as we saw, he is trying to. His ex is his greatest nemesis thus far. While he acts like a deas fish everywhere else, she still makes him suffer. It was really weird to see Hikki in her presence. Who would've thought that Hayama was the one to make her shut up?
He is changing his ways because he cares for his friends. Though he would never admit that... :XD

Yukinon did indeed gave up. That conversation with Hikki was like a punch to the face. Last season I was sure they would understand each other. Heck, I guess Yukinon did think that too. It is sad how such an incident broke them apart. The club is like awkward torture by now. Nothing is gluing them together anymore.
Still. Yui wanting to go to the club together with Hikki is so damn adorable. Stupid Hikki... Accept her feelings already!

Back then in season one whenHikki went to the shrine festival with Yui.
When they were getting home by train, Hikki stopped Yui from confessing which should've hurt her a lot...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

All dem posts but I'm too lazy to answer...

---------- Post added May 18, 2015 at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM ----------

Obviously it's easy to be biased and say "it fits" since it was my first experience. But I think the OST was just spectacular in the new show, let alone the adaptation quality overall and the obviously high production quality. The OST gave me them feels. So fitting of the story. I can't imagine it with another OST. IDK, Naruto anime started rather long ago too but that was pretty good back then. Same for Bleach. But I guess HxH was harder to get into.

Well what I meant is that I never mocked the actual story of HxH, only a smart fraction of the whole XD Everyone pretty much knew I was trolling, but you still got annoyed so mission successful I think. I'll still mock that shit even as a fan of the story now.

Haha, fk off :^)
Well what I meant is that the old HxH anime took too many liberties, hence why I don't consider the old anime as good. Obviously turns out even worse if compared to the new anime, but long ago when the new series started there actually were a lot of wars between people prefering the new or the old anime :XD A reviewer even compared the episodes week for week, which slowly made the old anime fantards shut up :toc

Well you trolling was obvious, no different from Milly who mocked the manga besides never having read it. At least you didn't take it to the HxH forum.... xD
Can't say I was annoyed, more like I just wanted you to watch the anime :pout Took you long enough :arf

Haha, I won't get baited :^) But I didn't agree with "by a lot" back then, and won't this time either. I just think Kishi misused his own system. Like I said he lost his path. But overall complexity I agree HxH wins, even if Naruto is very "diverse". IDK both have similarities which are hilariously copied (by Kishi obviously), but at the same time they're also vastly different so it's hard to draw comparisons. But here we go again =D

I KNOW I'M A SINNER!!

I read it quite a while before the manga ended. I guess I started around a year before the anime was launched. Since when it came out it was only roughly a year left of the manga.
Says he won't get baited, then starts argument anyway :^)
Anyway, just want to add that I find "hilariously copied" thing kinda meh. Not really against you, just now I looked at some fun convos about Shingeki no Kyojin being a copy of something I read recently and I can't really help but laugh at dem tards getting hilariously agitated. People will take inspiration from one thing or the other, some "similarities" are bound to happen. Flat-out plagiarism is one thing, but I don't think it's a bad idea if a mangaka or whoever uses the inspiration other works gave him and gives them his own spin. It's just impossible for everything to be completely original. It's fine as long as the mangaka won't deny it, Isayama for example openly admitted that his manga was heavily inspired by an earlier work.

I guess you started FMA a few month before me then. Actually wanted to check it out sooner, but back then I still was like "OMG art looks pretty crappy, not sure if this manga really is as guud as fanboys say it is" haha :XD

I'm almost done with it. The story is quite good and I love most of the fights, especially those involving king Bradley and those from xing (fu, lan fan, Lin and may) especially may. She's so cool (maybe I'm biased because she does those even though she's a kid). Anyway the alchemists are mostly disappointing imo. Only mustang really stands out to me. One of my best moments was that time he burned lust (and also when he did it to envy). Not that they're weak, but I expected them to be able to do a lot more I guess.

Ah so much more that I love about it but I'd leave that for when I'm done. I think I have 4-5 episodes left. Also, who voices Ed? It sounds like one I've heard before.
Bradley is badass, yes :zomg Prolly my favourite Homunculus. Pride was pretty cool too.
Not sure what exactly you expected regarding the Alchemists. Alchemy is a lot more down to earth, an equivalent exchange. It's not magic, and that's what I like about it. Maybe the powers are less flashy like lets say Naruto or Fairy Tail, but I prefer the realistic touch over laser beams or huge fire balls flying around left and right XD To each his own though, just my opinion. In that sense Mustang's power is almost too hax, but he's awesome... so whatever :D

Done by now? Feel free to shoot more at me :3c

Are you sure? Because I think it could've been way worse. If Hikki would've simply sacrificed himself again the bonds would've probably shattered completely. Sure Yukinon would still care unlike now but both her and Yui would be angry and as you mentioned Hikki cares for both of them and he couldn't even justify his "confession" in Kyoto like he usually does anyway.
Their club is a very fragile thing because all three of them are such fragile persons.
Yes he tried to change but wasn't able to consider everything. He completely misunderstood Yukinons personality here... :pout Which is yet another weird thing. The so observant Hikki was so scared to lose his friends - even though he wouldn't call them that - he used his wit to let the club stay as it is.
It is remarkable that the leopard was actually able to change his spots though.

Sure Yui tried to face the problem but her reasoning was basically the same as Hikkis. Fighting for the club. While Yukinon was actually trying to move forward, believing that their friendship wasn't a superficial thing. Yui isn't that smart.

Well as we saw, he is trying to. His ex is his greatest nemesis thus far. While he acts like a deas fish everywhere else, she still makes him suffer. It was really weird to see Hikki in her presence. Who would've thought that Hayama was the one to make her shut up?
He is changing his ways because he cares for his friends. Though he would never admit that... :XD

Yukinon did indeed gave up. That conversation with Hikki was like a punch to the face. Last season I was sure they would understand each other. Heck, I guess Yukinon did think that too. It is sad how such an incident broke them apart. The club is like awkward torture by now. Nothing is gluing them together anymore.
Still. Yui wanting to go to the club together with Hikki is so damn adorable. Stupid Hikki... Accept her feelings already!

Back then in season one when Hikki went to the shrine festival with Yui.
When they were getting home by train, Hikki stopped Yui from confessing which should've hurt her a lot...
man this really turned into a pretty wall of text... :XD Honestly don't really have much to add though, I agree with pretty much everything.
Hikki doing stuff the old way prolly would've lead to the current development yes, just wanted to say that his new way wasn't much better, in the sense that he still hurt both Yukinon and Yui. Considering how stuck he was on his usual way of dealing with problems this actually is a good development for Hikki though, but he prolly needs to grow a lot more if he wants to fix this situation.
And yes, he's basically refusing everything Yui throws at him. Shrine festival is a good example, almost forgot about that. It's even worse now I feel. He refuses to leave the classroom together with Yui even though that's obviously what she wants. Heck it's so freaking obvious that she wants him to rely on her and her wanting to rely on him, even if you ignore the love topic. Not sure if Hikki even notices how desperately he tries to avoid getting too close to other people. His ex-crush really must've dealt a serious blow... at leas the bitch is trying to get a bit more nice towards him, finally.

Funn enough that we have this discussion here instead of the anime thread though, haha XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

We could simply move the posts there which would be quite reasonable if you ask me. :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I would love to but apparently I can't split posts... :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Good thing you noticed that :toc
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Are you making fun of my earnest ambitions...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

No was just curious how you would try to do that, because that problem occured to me right at the spot... :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I am tired... :uguu
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

And I want a nice meal. Sucks to be us. :kappa
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top